Rooting question

Guest invertedllamabrain

Guest invertedllamabrain

Hi I rooted my G300 whilst on the stock ROM, then decided that I should update my ROM and preceeded to install the B888 Huawei ROM.

Now SU is missing from the app locker again (as it was on stock before I rooted of course) So I re-applied the root using Frankie's 1 click installer. Seemed to install OK again, yet on restart, SU installer is still missing from app locker?

Maybe it actually is rooted, maybe not. I don't really know. If not, is there another ROM that's better than the bloated stock rom and can be rooted?

Cherio lads.

Edited by invertedllamabrain

Guest Gary_J_Wright

Huawei stock rom will remove root and is non reversible as it changes the partition sizes, so you would have to re root phone

Guest invertedllamabrain

Huawei stock rom will remove root and is non reversible as it changes the partition sizes, so you would have to re root phone

OK, Thanks, thought so. How can I root this rom? I have tried Frankies installer but no luck. Should it work regardless of which ROM is installed? Maybe I need to have another go.

If I can't root this ROM, can you recommend a ROM to downgrade to?

Cheerio

Edited by invertedllamabrain

Guest FrankieADZ

OK, Thanks, thought so. How can I root this rom? I have tried Frankies installer but no luck. Should it work regardless of which ROM is installed? Maybe I need to have another go.

Cheerio

i managed to root the b88 using Frankish 1 click method. follow it to the letter if its not there go to the store and download SuperSU and see if it gives u root access.

Guest buddn07

Cheerio

Try this thread (sticky) http://www.modaco.com/topic/353386-how-to-root-your-huawei-ascend-g300-for-windows-mac-and-linux/