LED Light / Flashlight

Guest AceGreg

Guest AceGreg

Has anybody found an LED Light / Flashlight App that works yet or created one?

I have tried over 20 Apps from the store and none have activated the LED light on the back of the phone.

I have been searching for hours...

Please help!

Guest rymate1234

Its a hardware issue - the LED on the phone is apparently only useful as camera flash. It cannot be used as a flashlight. Seriously though, torches are cheap :P

Guest BLu3HaZe

Yes, you are. Hardware limitations.

Though I can't figure why they can't keep a little LED constantly powered. Then again, it doesn't seem to have flash power levels like other phones, does it Daz?

Guest Dazzozo
Hey. I tried that torch app but no luck. Am I asking the impossible? LOL

That's the point of the app. Actually read the thread it's in.

Yes, you are. Hardware limitations.

Though I can't figure why they can't keep a little LED constantly powered. Then again, it doesn't seem to have flash power levels like other phones, does it Daz?

I don't think it's a power issue, the camera just doesn't declare the torch mode for the flash. I have no idea why because it seems it would be capable of it.

Guest BLu3HaZe

Well I meant the flasher doesn't seem to change the power level whatever the ambient lighting is, and if the flasher would be in ON mode at full power like that, it'd drain the battery way too fast and probably overheat the cam module too. That's the only plausible explanation as I see.

Guest Dazzozo
Well I meant the flasher doesn't seem to change the power level whatever the ambient lighting is, and if the flasher would be in ON mode at full power like that, it'd drain the battery way too fast and probably overheat the cam module too. That's the only plausible explanation as I see.

It's definitely plausible but I imagine we'll never see an answer. :P

Guest Dazzozo

That's identical to C3C0's app I translated. It proves the same and in that thread it was also stated that it doesn't work on ICS. Probably because of the HAL.