- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

CertifiedDon

CertifiedDon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
I managed to downgrade from B888 using clockwork to B882 but I need to upgrade to b885, i tried downloading an OTA update but it failed. Any help?

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco, G300
It wont work. You changed the boot loader flashing b888. So you are trying to flash an old bootloader over a new bootloader which wont work. Please search for my post on update.app, what it does and have a read to understand why. You have posts everywhere asking the same question and you keep getting the same answer.

CertifiedDon

CertifiedDon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
But ive managed to get 882 working, and that the old bootloader to, I just want to try it, I dont care if I mess things up.

timfimjim

timfimjim

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend g300, Nexus 7

It wont work. You changed the boot loader flashing b888. So you are trying to flash an old bootloader over a new bootloader which wont work. Please search for my post on update.app, what it does and have a read to understand why. You have posts everywhere asking the same question and you keep getting the same answer.

I updated ota to 885, then flashed cwm. Does this mean I will be able to get OTA updates? Thanks Davidoff

FrankieADZ

FrankieADZ

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

I updated ota to 885, then flashed cwm. Does this mean I will be able to get OTA updates? Thanks Davidoff

i think you should, you didnt upgrade to B888 which changes the partitions of the phone, which cant be changed back by flashing a lower ROM that itself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users