ROM for Liquid A1

Guest LiquidTime!

Guest LiquidTime!

Hi everybody :D

I've my Acer A1 from years and I've tested a lot of ROM to find the best one (or the one that last the most without getting slow and full of freeze, crash or reboot). Now I have to leave for 3 weeks and I need a ROM that doesn't give problems and that works as better as possible). Could you please counsel me a ROM? I really need a stable one.

Thanks a lot!!

Guest Master_T

If you really want maximum stability and speed, go for a Froyo ROM, like LCR-F, if there are still working links to that.

As for GB Roms, I'm using MIUI final 2.0, it's fast if you don't use a2sd, tho it needs a reboot every now and again since memory tends to diminish over time.

Guest LiquidTime!

So flashing Froyo ROM there's not so much difference with the ones with Gingerbread? Will I miss something from Gingerbread?

Guest Thmz159

So flashing Froyo ROM there's not so much difference with the ones with Gingerbread? Will I miss something from Gingerbread?

for me, gingerbread is 120x faster than Froyo on my A1. I've got good results with LiquidNext 1.9.2 (half a year stable without reflashing!), just be sure you set your autokiller values high enough with Autokiller app, use Launcher Pro or another lightweight launcher and lock it in the memory, preferably no compcache, I didn't have a swap partition, and dont install the official Facebook app as it's very slow (use Fast for Facebook or Seesmic),

but now I'm on CyanogenMod 7.2 for a few days and it seems good too (only for the light-sensor you need to play a bit with the values).

IMO, Froyo is outdated and ugly...

Guest Delnar_Ersike

Yes, you should most definitely install a Gingerbread ROM if you want a fast and stable ROM. There are many to choose from, but the three most popular are LiquidNext 1.9.2, MIUI, and CM7.2. Of the three, I'd recommend CM7.2, though honestly, I've never tried an MIUI ROM (never liked the feel of MIUI). Follow the advice written in all the other posts (use a lightweight launcher, don't use compcache, set your autokiller values high, etc.), but I do have one thing to add: if you ever play games or use apps that *might* have high RAM requirements (CAD apps, most games released after December 2010, Gameloft games, etc.) or if you want to be on the safe side, always have a 256MB swap partition on your SD card, but set swappiness to a low value (10). This will ensure that swap is rarely used (which is good, since using swap is a lot slower than using RAM) unless it is really needed.

Also, don't forget to overclock (and tweak with voltages if you want higher speeds, just don't forget to stress test before you tick "Set on boot") and set your CPU governor to SmartassV2.

If you're feeling like experimenting, you can always try the CM9 beta for an ICS ROM. Note however that it requires a LOT of tweaking to be usable on an everyday basis, and even then you will get the occasional random reboot or freeze. It's speed (after tweaking) is debatable: those who say it always runs slower didn't tweak the ROM properly IMO. It'll sometimes be slower, but other times be faster than the previous ROM I used (LiquidNext 1.9.2), and my benchmark runs also agree with me (some will give higher scores, others will give lower scores than the ones I got on LiquidNext). Also, as of now, Beta4 does not play well with the Liquid A1, so stick with Beta3 if you can.

Edited by Delnar_Ersike

Guest kaerry

Pay attention: request is a STABLE ROM. CM9 is not stable at all. 3 weeks away without a stable phone isn't a good idea...

Edited by kaerry

Guest LiquidTime!

ok, now I'm updating the cyanogen mod 7.2 that I have on my device and at the end I'll tell you the results. thank you all very much :D :D