Photo

[ROM][ZTE Skate] Paranoid Android - CM9 - Tablet UI (15/12/2012)

* * * * * 4 votes

• Please log in to reply
1154 replies to this topic

BAHO4899

BAHO4899

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate (Base Lutea 2)
todays update is fine now is everything good readable^^ but usb-tethering doesnt work any more for me

unomesmo

unomesmo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate / MonteCarlo

This is how it looks like with tablet mode turned off

It's too small for me. How can we have the classical menu?

PD: Very nice rom!!!

bailicek

bailicek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
Still at boot logo. I use this ROM from your Skatie 2.4 over clockworkmod. Now its booting over 30 minutes. I install only ROM for a while, because at first I install both, ROM and Gapps. And then I install only ROM, but nothing :( .. boot logo :(

iReece

iReece

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Still at boot logo. I use this ROM from your Skatie 2.4 over clockworkmod. Now its booting over 30 minutes. I install only ROM for a while, because at first I install both, ROM and Gapps. And then I install only ROM, but nothing :( .. boot logo :(

Wipe everything, then install.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5

It's too small for me. How can we have the classical menu?

PD: Very nice rom!!!

Settings / Paranoid Settings / Hybrid settings / List of apps
Choose to show "alll" apps in top menu (scroll it. It's hidden on the right after "on SD card"
Select Settings app and change its mode to Phone UI. That's all. You will end up with classic settings.

@bailiicek
If you are coming from SKatie you don't have enough space on system partition.
Download "TPT Helper" from playstore and use it to repartition phone memory to have at least
200MB on system (Skate v2a or v2b are good choices)

@all
Working on getting USB mass storage + tethering fixed. Hotfix coming out soon.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

bailicek

bailicek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Yes, but, if I remember, when I install your ROM, you repartiton system partition or not? Cos phone memory is something about 200mb.

If it not true. I need to recover old ROM, download TPT helper from google play and repartition the partition??

unomesmo

unomesmo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Settings / Paranoid Settings / Hybrid settings / List of apps
Choose to show "alll" apps in top menu (scroll it. It's hidden on the right after "on SD card"
Select Settings app and change its mode to Phone UI. That's all. You will end up with classic settings.

Oh yea!! It works fine! Thanks a lot.

PD: It must be in a section tips in the first post!!! ;)

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Looks like I am facing another bug. Caller couldn't hear me during the call.
Will try to fix it and add it to upcoming hotfix dealing with USB I announced earlier...

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

Redstarr1

Redstarr1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Devices:Xperia S, ZTE Skate

Yes, but, if I remember, when I install your ROM, you repartiton system partition or not? Cos phone memory is something about 200mb.

If it not true. I need to recover old ROM, download TPT helper from google play and repartition the partition??

The only rom that repartitions system is Skatie but that's because it doesn't install through CWM but comes along with the system repartition actually (it's more like the other way around).

You don't need to restore your old rom, you could also get a TPT from this thread: http://www.modaco.co...zte-skate-tpts/
Options 2 and 4 have system partition of 200MB. Read in that thread how to install a TPT (put the folder in /image on your SD and hold Volume Up + Menu when you turn on phone).

Oh yea!! It works fine! Thanks a lot.

PD: It must be in a section tips in the first post!!!

Yes but if you put it in Phone mode, you might just as well stay on CFX. You might change the font or DPI if you want to keep tablet mode but make everything a bit bigger (haven't got around to experiment yet myself). Oh and not to be a language police, but I think PD is only used in Spanish.

Edited by Redstarr1, 27 June 2012 - 12:58 PM.

deepvoyce

deepvoyce

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
@C3CO

SORRY MY QUESTION!
about the video recorder when it will be good?
just because it is very important to me :/

zycro

zycro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
Hy! I've got some problem with this awesome, fantastic rom: when i made a phonecall, on the other side can't hear me, but i hear the other side... Strange... Otherwise the rom is totaly coooool... :wub:

markpayne1973

markpayne1973

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate,HTC Sensation XL

Looks like I am facing another bug. Caller couldn't hear me during the call.
Will try to fix it and add it to upcoming hotfix dealing with USB I announced earlier...

Same bug

mattfletcher9292

mattfletcher9292

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
This rom is brilliant!! i recommend turning hybrid mode on and setting all the densitys to medium(160) and turning the phone landscape and turning auto rotate off :) looks very cool!
thanks for another amazing rom! :D this is by far my favourite!!!

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
New hotfix available in the second post. Contains:

- USB mass storage fixed
- USB tethering fixed
- Fixed muted microphone during call
- SIM Unlock prompt removed

ironet

ironet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I have some questions
Where are the drivers in the rom?
How I can create my own kernel?
thanks and greetings

Edited by ironet, 27 June 2012 - 02:31 PM.

BAHO4899

BAHO4899

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate (Base Lutea 2)

- USB mass storage fixed
- USB tethering fixed

good work! :D usb tethering is important for me cause i dont have wlan adapter :D

unomesmo

unomesmo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Yes but if you put it in Phone mode, you might just as well stay on CFX. You might change the font or DPI if you want to keep tablet mode but make everything a bit bigger (haven't got around to experiment yet myself). Oh and not to be a language police, but I think PD is only used in Spanish.

PD: is used as added after text.. Post Data..may be AFTER DATA in English?. yes I speak Spanish

Redstarr1

Redstarr1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Devices:Xperia S, ZTE Skate

PD: is used as added after text.. Post Data..may be AFTER DATA in English?. yes I speak Spanish

I really did not intend to lecture you (I'm feeling a bit like a jerk now) :). In English PS is used, probably derived from the French (and Latin) post scriptum. In Dutch we use the same.

Went way off topic now :P, I'm probably more geeky about English than someone whose main language is English :D.

Back on topic: looks this rom is already reaching full functionality :).

zycro

zycro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

- USB mass storage fixed
- USB tethering fixed

Wow!!!! That was quick... :) Thanx... Now i have a 4,3 tablet with ics... B)

timfimjim

timfimjim

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend g300, Nexus 7
wooh trying this out now :D

As always, excellent work ceco!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users