Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

That's what I'd gone with, and Wifey wrapped it this afternoon. I can always root it on Xmas day...

What a great way to spend Christmas Day! And a great way to piss off the wife! ;)

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Apologies, i've been busy working on some site issues today - the next update is still in progress!

Primary changes are updates and fixes... any requests, get them in now! :)

P

Guest anssi_s

Apologies, i've been busy working on some site issues today - the next update is still in progress!

P

The only thing I can think of is NFS support in the kernel. And even when I've had it I didn't use it that much.

Guest comicbookguy

What a great way to spend Christmas Day! And a great way to piss off the wife! ;)

P

Win-win situation, seeing as I'll have cooked lunch for 8 ;)

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest PaulOBrien
The only thing I can think of is NFS support in the kernel. And even when I've had it I didn't use it that much.

I'd probably use this, could probably build as a kernel module for inclusion.

OTA ignore/block

That's coming!

P

Guest anssi_s

I'd probably use this, could probably build as a kernel module for inclusion.

Now that I've thought about things, what I'm really looking for is syncing the phone /mnt/sdcard directory to PCs running Windows (7) or Linux as a way to backup. Handy way to push new Nandroid backups or whatever has changed instead of everything. With a separate SD card things were easy, the card contents showed up as a real directory so I just ran Unison on the PCs. MTP doesn't work like that and seems flaky even in Windows.

I guess the best thing for me would be a Samba server on the phone, so I'll try "Samba Filesharing" from the market. NFS server would be second best. It's just a pity Microsoft is a little wobbly with their NFS support (XP has it, 7 in Enterprise and Ultimate only, 8 has it in Pro).

Guest PaulOBrien

Now that I've thought about things, what I'm really looking for is syncing the phone /mnt/sdcard directory to PCs running Windows (7) or Linux as a way to backup. Handy way to push new Nandroid backups or whatever has changed instead of everything. With a separate SD card things were easy, the card contents showed up as a real directory so I just ran Unison on the PCs. MTP doesn't work like that and seems flaky even in Windows.

I guess the best thing for me would be a Samba server on the phone, so I'll try "Samba Filesharing" from the market. NFS server would be second best. It's just a pity Microsoft is a little wobbly with their NFS support (XP has it, 7 in Enterprise and Ultimate only, 8 has it in Pro).

rsync!

P

Guest Cathal Garrad

Flashlight in the enhanced power menu would be a great and useful feature...

Its in the quyick settings menu. Use the two finger pulldown to open it.

Guest anssi_s

I've found that sshdroid pro and rsync work well as a backup solution, but I had to copy an arm rsync binary into /system/xbin to make it work.

So are you using rsync from the command line? I was hoping for something a little more user friendly... And how fast is it? I'd assume the SSH crypto will hit the CPU pretty hard on the phone. Worth a try though.

I tried "Samba File Sharing" yesterday to turn my phone into a Samba/CIFS server and did a backup of /mnt/sdcard (sans Music folder) with Unison from a Windows PC (Unison is rsync-like with the block checksums etc but also a convenient UI, either text or GUI). Speed wasn't great, transfer rate with Samba over Wifi was about 800 kB/s at best. But after the initial backup with Unison I can now do a quick scan and detect changed files only in a couple of minutes.

Now, if only one could turn the USB interface into a network interface on the phone end for faster than wifi. Or maybe Google will include rsync in adb :)

P

Thanks for your amazing work!

It would be possible to add a tile to enble/disable sync into quicksettings menu?

I noticed a little strange thing into the last rom that I downloaded.

ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk is present twice..

jr11.th.png

My kitchen options

Your kitchen choices are shown below.

a

Edited by _numb_

Thanks for your amazing work!

It would be possible to add a tile to enble/disable sync into quicksettings menu?

It's already there isn't it? you can turn it on in the Quick Settings app...

Guest PaulOBrien

There have been a lot of app updates lately you may have noticed - these have now all been integrated into the kitchen, there will be some more improvements before I build the next release. :)

P

Guest PaulOBrien

I've just finished investigating the various 'gradient fix' requirements with a view to incorporating them in the next release. Some no longer apply on 4.2 but some, as you can see below, still do. :)

I've made an updated version and assuming it tests OK, i'll incorporate it for the next release! :)

P

gradientfixcomp.png

Guest ninjin89

Hi there I've encountered an error (on my part, I think) and I would like to get some advice on how to fix it. I just recently updated my MCR from the Jr5 (4,1 Jelly Bean) straight up to Jr11 (4.2.1 JB). After the update though, my phone keeps on rebooting itself after its even done loading up the homescreen. Why is this happening? If possible, I'd like to know a solution that doesn't involve me restoring to stock and recovering from one of the backups that I have (to tell the truth I did forget to do backup of my latest system). Thanks in advance!

Hi there I've encountered an error (on my part, I think) and I would like to get some advice on how to fix it. I just recently updated my MCR from the Jr5 (4,1 Jelly Bean) straight up to Jr11 (4.2.1 JB). After the update though, my phone keeps on rebooting itself after its even done loading up the homescreen. Why is this happening? If possible, I'd like to know a solution that doesn't involve me restoring to stock and recovering from one of the backups that I have (to tell the truth I did forget to do backup of my latest system). Thanks in advance!

Try wiping dalvik and cache then installing jr11 again. If that didn't work then factory reset followed and jr11 should do it in my experience

Guest PaulOBrien

Jr12 is now available in the kitchen! As usual, after a short period of testing both by myself and kitchen users it'll be available as prebake! :)

This is mostly an app update / fix + tweak release. The 'gradient fix' is now also included in all bakes, if you spot any remaining bad gradients please report to the elite 'G-Squad' by posting in this topic and it'll get fixed. :P

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and Happy New Year - thanks for your support in 2012... looking forward to 2013! :)

P

Changelog

28th December Jr12

• All installed apps updated to latest versions.
  • Gradient fix - if you spot any bad gradients please post in topic.
  • Numerous small improvements and bug fixes.

Amazing job Paul. Thank you so much and have a Happy New Year.

BTW if you are going to visit Barcelona someday drop me an email and let me invite you a couple of beers.

Leo

Guest PaulOBrien
Amazing job Paul. Thank you so much and have a Happy New Year.

BTW if you are going to visit Barcelona someday drop me an email and let me invite you a couple of beers.

Leo

Thanks. :-)

P