Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest mark2410

lol i amost did that myself, i just baked a new rom and clean installed. it all seems to be back to normal now but i dont know what happened

Guest eKeith
Since Jr17 I suddenly have SuperSu and Superuser installed. Can I get rid of one of them and how?

Same here.

I ran Superuser, agreed to the prompt to update binaries.

Then I removed SuperSU (Can't remember how: probably through main system App dialog) and have had no ill effects...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest AldoMC

Hey guys, I need some help.

My power button is failing and I haven´t found a volume wake mod compatible with our ROM. I mean the one based on JDQ39 (Jr17), not the CM one.

If anyone know how to do it, I´m afraid it won´t withstand another month.

Thanks for anything.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mark2410

i realise its probably futile to ask but......

the always on vpn option. it seems it only works if you are using an L2PT connection. any chance this stupid restriction could be over come and be made to work with any connection i like?

Guest anssi_s

What about a patch to Android bug 8219321 also known as the Android Master Key vulnerability? Apparently Cyanogenmod was just patched but can we please get that into MCR? Paul?

Guest eKeith

Hello Paul,

First of all, thanks for your great work. I am also curious about if/when/how we will be receiving the "Android Master Key" patch?

I completely appreciate the approach to exploit the standardization of the Xposed framework to introduce features. However, for patches and major OS upgrades (such as the future move to 4.3), assuming that you choose to continue supporting this device, how will such updates/upgrades be delivered?

Should we all revert to stock and then apply your Xposed patches?

What happens if our Nexus does not receive an official 4.3? Should we move to a different custom ROM and then apply your Xposed patches?

I would appreciate your clarification on your future roadmap.

Thank you,

Keith

Guest mark2410

is anyone else having problems with google + locations? mine wont display any map background. wiped the cache and what not but no change.

2013-07-13%2010.48.15.png

Guest David Bate

is anyone else having problems with google + locations? mine wont display any map background. wiped the cache and what not but no change.

2013-07-13%2010.48.15.png

The fix is here: http://www.modaco.com/topic/361634-xmod-modaco-toolkit-for-xposed-framework/page__st__280#entry2140469

Hopefully Paul will be able to add it to his XMOD.

Edited by David Bate

• 2 weeks later...
Guest devilishone

Any plans for 4.3 modaco custom rom in the near future Paul?

Sorry for double post, site gave an error when posting, also I have a broken bone in my right hand (unrelated but thought I'd mention it)

Edited by devilishone

Guest T39andcounting

bump, because i dont want to have to try other roms but the crazy will make me soon if its not going to be coming?

+1 I keep getting an 'update available' notification,but it won't install because I'm on the MCR. Hoping Paul will be able to make an update soon.

Guest leobcn

+1 I'm ready to move to another rom but... I don't want to do that !!!

Paul, what's your suggestion? should we stay or shoul we go ^_^

Guest rubenGN

Have been a long time paying user, supporting Paul! I also recommended his ROM to allot users. But now I'm on stock. If Paul's not even able to post a short comment on the corresponding posts, regarding the future of his ROM, then that's sad.

Stock is great since 4.2 and I get updates timely without paying...

Guest rubenGN
to be fair he's been on holiday since a week last Friday, as stated in other forums.

I didn't write my comment cause of two weeks of absence of Paul. More because his last post on this topic has been about 4 MONTH ago ;)

Guest MacAllan

to be fair he's been on holiday since a week last Friday, as stated in other forums.

I've also asked him twice on twitter (where he has been active) if there will be an update or not, not even an answer there either.

I know he won't support all phones for ever, but a simple yes or no on a qustion is not to much asked.

So i'm also done paying on this site if we can't even get an answer.

Guest mark2410

yeah id asked too. to be fair though i don know how many such tweets he gets and it is work stuff. however it is super frustrating having not heard. still my paid sub lapsed so i dont think i have a right to moan though i didnt renew it because roms seemed to have been generally abandoned. also the ROM i think ill move to (AOKP) hasnt got a 4.3 out so id still be waiting either way.