[CM7] [gen1/gen2] Latest CM7 2.3.7 ROMs

Guest pass25

Guest senupe

Few questions

- Did you full-wipe before installing the rom?

- What exactly happens when using vol down + power button? It just start the rom normally?

- Just because moore's law exists, does the volume down button works while using the rom?

A word of caution: never put recovery images, roms and what not that are meant for racer2

Finally, the best you should do is to install clockworkmod using fastboot, I'll leave you this link with instructions (download the one called: recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5-mooncake-gen1.img), in case you need info setting up fastboot take a look at this post.

Good luck

Thanks for all the information, to answer your questions.

1. Yes before i installed it (and then recovery was working) i did a full wipe before flashing.

2. No, when i press vol (-) and power the phone gets stucked and the android screen and the battery starts heating fast, don't really know what's the reason of that, but isn't going go recovery anyway.

3. Yes, the vol (-) button works on the ROM to lower the volume.

PD: I tried pressing call/hang buttons + vol (-) + power and nothing happened, just the android screen and the phone heating.

Guest GuyOverThere

Thanks for all the information, to answer your questions.

1. Yes before i installed it (and then recovery was working) i did a full wipe before flashing.

2. No, when i press vol (-) and power the phone gets stucked and the android screen and the battery starts heating fast, don't really know what's the reason of that, but isn't going go recovery anyway.

3. Yes, the vol (-) button works on the ROM to lower the volume.

PD: I tried pressing call/hang buttons + vol (-) + power and nothing happened, just the android screen and the phone heating.

D: is like every test could possibly set your phone on fire!! :P nah just kidding

Were you able to flashboot?

Edited by GuyOverThere

Guest equiliym

sound is not good on vasmi kernal.... deadlink kernal have good quality of sound but .. touch not good....

can any one will boost sound on vasmi kernal.....

or increase touch sensitivity on deadlink kernal

you could try flashing beats, it gives a bit of a quality boost to racer.. just gotta find a proper zip since some can crash

Guest thumbler

cm-7-20120805-NIGHTLY-mooncake.zip

I'm having trouble with the dialer here. When I place a call a semi-opaque overlay pops up ('add call', 'end', 'dial pad', speaker functions, etc). The numeric key-pad doesn't shrink to fit like in other versions I've tried, so the bottom row of numbers is now obscured. In this state it's nearly impossible use the dial-keys mid-call to respond to a menu, enter a code or press the hash key. The key pad also locks out much too quickly. I can't find any way to adjust that. Makes for a frustrating experience trying to add phone credit using a voucher.

Otherwise it's very smooth and slick, except for flaky bluetooth connections. Is that a known issue, or just me?

Guest equiliym

cm-7-20120805-NIGHTLY-mooncake.zip

I'm having trouble with the dialer here. When I place a call a semi-opaque overlay pops up ('add call', 'end', 'dial pad', speaker functions, etc). The numeric key-pad doesn't shrink to fit like in other versions I've tried, so the bottom row of numbers is now obscured. In this state it's nearly impossible use the dial-keys mid-call to respond to a menu, enter a code or press the hash key. The key pad also locks out much too quickly. I can't find any way to adjust that. Makes for a frustrating experience trying to add phone credit using a voucher.

Otherwise it's very smooth and slick, except for flaky bluetooth connections. Is that a known issue, or just me?

its a known issue, dialer is not converted to mdpi thus having oversized images and buttons.. when i convert it to mdpi for some odd reason the mic doesnt work >.> you can try the phone.apk fix that green hacker says he fixed, i didnt test it but he says he resized it to mdpi, you can find it here

Guest alves_369

Hmmm. I downloaded the file and flashed it in recovery. Didn't make any difference I could see.

i have the same problem :S

your animation on/off of the screen is ok?

Edited by alves_369

Guest equiliym

Hmmm. I downloaded the file and flashed it in recovery. Didn't make any difference I could see.

well i did say i didnt test it.. ill try building a new dialer when i get more free time for it, possibly one that wont be broken and with a working mic lulz

Guest equiliym

how to change statusbar background. color or PNG, help any one

you need to decompress SystemUI.apk and change statusbar_background.9.png or status_bar_background.9.png, might even be both

Guest senupe

D: is like every test could possibly set your phone on fire!! :P nah just kidding

Were you able to flashboot?

Mate really really really (can say how much) THANK YOU!!!, the flashboot tutorial worked, with the vol (-) key instead of vol (+), and the driver on my PC needed to be searched on Windows Update cause the included didn't woekd, but again, THANKS A LOT!!!!

YES I'M ABLE TO ENTER RECOVERY AGAIN!!

Guest GuyOverThere

Mate really really really (can say how much) THANK YOU!!!, the flashboot tutorial worked, with the vol (-) key instead of vol (+), and the driver on my PC needed to be searched on Windows Update cause the included didn't woekd, but again, THANKS A LOT!!!!

YES I'M ABLE TO ENTER RECOVERY AGAIN!!

Great then! happy flashing? ;)

Guest equiliym

i am really busy and lazy

@GuyOverThere you want to continue releasing roms on weekly basis or something? not much stuff for blade/racer gets updated but they still build cm7

Edited by equiliym

Guest equiliym

yeah well im getting evicted ..again... lol so i need to look for a new place to live thus having my internets off and irl chores really bad >.>

Guest GuyOverThere

yeah well im getting evicted ..again... lol so i need to look for a new place to live thus having my internets off and irl chores really bad >.>

dafuq? o: evicted... again? that sucks :-\ hope it gets resolved soon

i am really busy and lazy

@GuyOverThere you want to continue releasing roms on weekly basis or something? not much stuff for blade/racer gets updated but they still build cm7

I guess I could, need to sort out a few things first, getting netd errors that hangs the boot :P

Edited by GuyOverThere

Guest equiliym

dafuq? o: evicted... again? that sucks :-\ hope it gets resolved soon

I guess I could, need to sort out a few things first, getting netd errors that hangs the boot :P

no biggie, you can always port from blade or something, i could send you prebuilt files/list and whatsoever you might need for that if you want

Guest GuyOverThere

no biggie, you can always port from blade or something, i could send you prebuilt files/list and whatsoever you might need for that if you want

Would be usefull, yes, or post it somewhere here, others might benefit as well :P

The netd errors shouldn't be much of a problem I think, I found something like __DEVICE__/zte/mooncake/akmd2:/system/bin/netd at extract-files.sh... like wtf? :P but it was 1 am ... so I'll check that thing tonight.

Guest GuyOverThere

um.. netd and akmd2 are two different files.. not sure whats that about that .sh one

I guess a typo or a 3am-without-coffee-since-7pm kind of work.. is from deadlink's mooncake files, he tries to override that using the device_mooncake.mk to copy his prebuilt however in the zip you'll have a netd file that is actually akmd2 (108kb), anyway I'll change that tonight and check if the build works. If so then I can talk about making the roms for everyone :P

Guest equiliym

I guess a typo or a 3am-without-coffee-since-7pm kind of work.. is from deadlink's mooncake files, he tries to override that using the device_mooncake.mk to copy his prebuilt however in the zip you'll have a netd file that is actually akmd2 (108kb), anyway I'll change that tonight and check if the build works. If so then I can talk about making the roms for everyone :P

yeah we all use some prebuilt files due to lack of sources >.> you better take some rest :P

also, removing some older releases due to lack of free storage

Guest GuyOverThere

Annnnnd finally made one that boots correctly :P didn't have problems to build netd, don't know if the issues that made deadlink use a prebuilt one was because older versions of cyanogenmod or what, I didn't use the prebuilt and netd build and works without issues, had to fix the bad references that copy akmd2 as netd but that was it.

I wanted to check the compass thing but since I've never used I don't know what's wrong with it :-\ I installed compass but don't what problem am I looking for, can someone give me details of the problem?

Edited by GuyOverThere