TESTING: VilleC Superboot

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

This a test r1 release of Superboot for the Ville C.

Introducing.... Superboot! :)

Superboot is a boot.img that when booted, will root your device the first time you boot (installing su and the superuser APK). No need to flash any partitions, no need to mess around with ADB, no messing with the contents of your data partition, no overwriting the shipped ROM on your device, just boot the boot image using the instructions below and you're done!

APPLY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

• Superboot r1 - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: 4b6195abc8b4bedc51e21c3c2e9dc30e

The superboot image is also 'insecure', allowing you to use 'adb remount' as well as having full ADB root access to your device until such time as you reboot after running this process (it's a non permanent ADB root as it's a 'fastboot boot' and not a 'fastboot flash').

How to use Superboot - Windows, Linux and OSX

- Download the Superboot zip file above and extract to a directory

- Put your device in bootloader mode - Turn off the phone then turn on with the 'volume up' and 'volume down' buttons both pressed to enter the bootloader (as pictured below)

- WINDOWS - double click 'install-superboot-windows.bat'

- MAC - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-superboot-mac.sh' followed by './install-superboot-mac.sh'

- LINUX - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-superboot-linux.sh' followed by './install-superboot-linux.sh'

Note: If you are using a retail device, you need to unlock the bootloader first via HTCdev. Note that the OEM unlock sequence wipes your device.

Enjoy! ;)

P

PS If you find this useful, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo subscription! Visit this topic for further details!

Guest chizuoka

oh yes it works! Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you !

Edited by chizuoka

Guest Wyall

Thanks, it worked for me. First I took the latest RUU to get the original Recovery (I tried to flash a S4 Recovery earlier, which doesn't work) and then simply used your solution.

Thanks again, I didn't thought that you would help so fast via Twitter Request :)

Guest spiruet

Superb! :) Just great for a newbie like me.

Could I ask you about the network unlocking algorithm for HTC One S [s3]? Because all the steps and methods on the www are valid only for HTC One S [s4].

Kind regards,

Bo

Edited by spiruet

Guest #Coby

Great news guys. Now, do you want a One X S3 dedicated forum area?

P

Paul, you think One S dedicated forum area, right? :) I think every single One S S3 user would like making the your idea! I will never go on XDA if you help us geeks with roms, recovery etc... :)

Guest someoneusedmyid

Thanks, it worked for me. First I took the latest RUU to get the original Recovery (I tried to flash a S4 Recovery earlier, which doesn't work) and then simply used your solution.

Thanks again, I didn't thought that you would help so fast via Twitter Request :)

Hey sorry, are you using the S3 chip? Do you have the RUU file for the original recovery? Would be great if you could share it :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest edikup

seems not working for my one s (s3). Just going to a screen "This build is for development purposes only.... (etc)" and remaining like this. What I supposed to do? How long to wait, or reboot... or what? :(

Guest dahoba

Thank you very much. :D (I'm almost give up to gain root on my OneS (S3 chip); flash with superboot for S4 chip many time; it's never work :( )

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest kapilrtn

thansk alot

after flash via fastboot my phone working on...but i have one problem,,,when i Switch off Or Restart the phone my phone stop at HTC logo with red text warning.

is any solution for this problem ...pls help me

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...