Nokia Lumia 800 and 710 Tango update

Guest todoleo

Guest todoleo

The Nokia Lumia 800 and 710 Tango update started rolling out last week. Not everyone gets to enjoy the update and new features it brings with it at the moment though.

Let us start with the good news: the Windows Phone Tango update for the Nokia Lumia 800 and 710 brings some new features and functionality to the devices. While still under the 7.5 version number umbrella, internet sharing (WiFi hotspot), flip to silence and support for new applications on the Windows Phone Marketplace have been added.

Now for us to get to the bad news: not everyone with a Nokia Lumia 800 or 710 gets the update at the moment. In a similar way to what many refer to as "Android Fragmentation", the update for the Lumia devices on many operators are marked as "waiting for approval". So while some lucky people get the Tango goodness, others have to wait.

Let us know if and how you got the Tango update on your Lumia device, and what you think of it.

Source: Nokia

Click here to view the item

Guest Swampie

My wife has a Lumia 710 from T-Mobile UK (model code 59M722) and according to the Nokia page, the update is available for that model code, but nothing appears on handset or Zune desktop app.

My Lumia 800 from T-Mobile UK is still being shown as waiting approval on Nokia's website.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest zarquon

According to the Nokia web site http://www.nokia.com...ability/?page=3 Lumia 800 updates are now available for BT, Vodafone, T-Mobile and Orange but not O2 or 3 yet.

I should add that Zune or the phone its self doesn't know about it yet.

However I do have a question. There are two product codes listed for Orange (as there are for other networks) and if the update had only been approved for one code and not the other, how would I know which code my phone was? I have looked around the settings of my phone but can't find any reference to a product code.

Guest zarquon

I have found the answer to my question. According to the Nokia web site "You can find product code information on the label on the back of your phone's SIM card holder"

I advise you to find a magnifying glass if like me you need reading glasses.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest tigerparrow

That's the good thing regarding windows phone is you do not would like one. All apps square measure killed once you navigate removed from them and reloaded from disk once you come back. Some apps will do priority processing however you'll be able to see a listing of those if you head to settings >> background task. you'll be able to then switch them off at can.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.