Bootloader Unlock for ICS 4.0.3 for the Ascend G300

Guest Jekle

Guest rafaelkaiz

Please, how?

Is an official application, Huawei is not so bad.

It appears that by default will come locked to the novice.

Guest Jekle

Please, how?

Is an official application, Huawei is not so bad.

It appears that by default will come locked to the novice.

You have to have a user on the forum to download the application made by that user. All in one root and bootloader unlock will try after I install ics :D

Edited by Jekle

Guest FrankieADZ

well thats great news....first thing i should have done tho was learn Chinese. lol

just need someone to translate and create it for us here ;)

please :wub: :wub:

You have to have a user on the forum to download the application made by that user. All in one root and bootloader unlock will try after I install ics :D

u trying it?

so with the bootloader unlocked on it, does that mean you'd be able to flash clockworkmod on it?

Guest Hans Gruber

I can't quite work out what it's saying to do but I've made it to http://www.huaweidev...ethod=preUnlock and the instructions it gives to find the product ID does nothing. Any ideas?

Also presumably where you chose the product type you select C8812? (that seems to be the only option)

Edited by Hans Gruber

Guest Davidoff59

Well Huawei say its third party software but its posted on their site so its a bit strange and I don't get it

Hans that's a different phone, doing that could brick your phone

Guest Jekle

Strange Huawei release it but say comparability is not good with Huawei?

http://translate.goo...dqVOSMK53RFwytw

That thread was started by genoklar who is one of the ics4g300 team so he may post here hopefully.

Just try the .exe by the user you need an account. Google translate isnt perfect but the user does say you need to have ADB enabled, ADB drivers. Then root your g300 with the tool then re run the .exe and then unlock bootloader you do not need to enter any phone details like imei. Chinese users have reported success with rooting and unlocking the bootloader

Guest Simon O

Guys, please don't post a reply directly after one you already made. If you need to add more to your post then please use the edit button.

Looking at the Chinese forum there seems to be two ways to unlock the bootloader on the G300. One is official from Huawei and second is using a Chinese app. Is this right?

I'll log into that site and grab the files.

Guest Hans Gruber

I made a mirror of the software posted in the thread. But it's all in Chinese so if it blows up your pc/phone don't blame me :P http://www.sendspace.com/file/l3cf7j

(I scanned it for viruses using MS Security Essentials and it came up with nothing but proceed with caution none the less)

Edited by Hans Gruber

Guest Davidoff59

I read it wrong, they are saying custom rooms can damage your phone.

Please read the unlock before

Unlock the agreement

Thank you for your support to Huawei's

terminal products! Huawei terminals have been

opened to the latest cell phones, flat products

and the official firmware bootloader unlock

permissions to unlock bootloader allows you to

program the third-party firmware on your

device.

At the same time, we have a responsibility

to remind you unlock the bootloader will bring

some of the risks:

A. Huawei depth optimization of hardware

and software to unlock the bootloader, Huawei

can not guarantee that your equipment in top

condition, we can not guarantee the normal

operation of all functions.

Two. Most third-party firmware has not

been adequately tested, and compatibility with

Huawei equipment is not good, this will affect

the stability of the equipment, or even damage

the device hardware, such as power

Guest Jekle

Well Huawei say its third party software but its posted on their site so its a bit strange and I don't get it

Huwei releasec an offical but you need to enter s/n, imei etc but that user made a tool to do it without entering phone details. The user just added that link for reference

Guest FrankieADZ

really need someone to try it really :wacko:

lol

if Huawei have released an Official Unlock, then i think thats very decent of them.

Compared to others.

Edited by FrankieADZ

Guest Simon O

OK I grabbed the unlock file from that forum http://www.mediafire...v9a6xmvz1ut832a

It's in Chinese with no English.

This is the third party tool from the Chinese forum so use at your own risk (however I fully trust Genokolar so the file should be fine).

The other option is to do the official way through the Huawei website.

edit: didn't see this uploaded before. Woops

Guest preciouspangolin

Hans that's a different phone, doing that could brick your phone

It says that third party firmware (custom ROM) could be "potentionally" dangerous and if it breaks the phone, then your warranty for your phone is gone.

Guest Simon O

It says that third party firmware (custom ROM) could be "potentionally" dangerous and if it breaks the phone, then your warranty for your phone is gone.

Exactly. The Chinese app from Genokolar does something to force unlock the bootloader. I don't see any bad reports so it should be fine but there is a chance it may cause a problem. Better to use the official method.

Guest wrtease

just run it without doing anything connected and you can see the black tx in english running a bit like installing recovery.

Guest anything-but

As I've already rooted and google apps on mine,I'll have a look tonight when I'm Home and see if I can get my bl unlocked! How will I tell apart from being able to install cwm?

.....let us know how u get On wrtease. :)

Edited by anything-but

Guest Hans Gruber

Excuse the possibly silly question... so once you unlock the bootloader you can then flash CWM and then use that as you could previously?

(same question as above!)

Edited by Hans Gruber

Guest Davidoff59

Guys, please don't post a reply directly after one you already made. If you need to add more to your post then please use the edit button.

Looking at the Chinese forum there seems to be two ways to unlock the bootloader on the G300. One is official from Huawei and second is using a Chinese app. Is this right?

I'll log into that site and grab the files.

I haven't been able to edit since the site update