713 replies to this topic

jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

I will give a try to GPS Status... Tomorrow I will have the results!

Ok.. By the way, if you reinstall the ROM as I said, you won't loose your data neither your apps, so it's a perfectly safe procedure! :)

jpblade

jpblade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Ok.. By the way, if you reinstall the ROM as I said, you won't loose your data neither your apps, so it's a perfectly safe procedure! :)

It worked. Phone didn't reboot ;)

masterlud

masterlud

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Devices:Globul Z3 (ZTE Blade)
This rom is really good update of CyanogenMod 9 - Konstakang, battery earning 2-3 days, no drain when not in use unlike most other

Pofka

Pofka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
What exactly not working? Is it that feature in camera?

Not working:
  • Panorama

jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

What exactly not working? Is it that feature in camera?

Not working:

• Panorama

Panorama is a thing that never worked, and it doesn't matter anyway.. The camera itself is working fine (for photos and movies)! Also the FM Radio is not working..
Then, specific things like usb tethering is not working (I don't know what is it for, though.. :) )

ehleh

hey bro?.. can you make it on sony ui?

jpblade

jpblade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

This rom is really good update of CyanogenMod 9 - Konstakang, battery earning 2-3 days, no drain when not in use unlike most other

(Lasts Built ROM)
I wouldn't say that it lasts for 2 or 3 days (in my occassion) but for sure it is more "economical" than CM10.1.

Attached Files

Pofka

Pofka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
I dont need panorama feature in camera, just wanted to make sure it is what I think it is. What the fastest/best launcher? Installed apex launcher, works faster and smoother then trebuchet.

Is it possible to flash something like this to this rom?
Posted Image

jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

I dont need panorama feature in camera, just wanted to make sure it is what I think it is. What the fastest/best launcher? Installed apex launcher, works faster and smoother then trebuchet.

Is it possible to flash something like this to this rom?
Posted Image

Check UOT kitchen! You can upload the SystemUI.apk and framework-res.apk, change the battery style, and download the changed files back..

masterlud

masterlud

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Devices:Globul Z3 (ZTE Blade)
Posted Image

AstroZ

AstroZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Vivacity, iphone 4
  • Twitter:@broadchat

So my main goal with this topic is to share some ideas regarding improving battery efficiency and ROM stability. Also, I pretend to share some of my CM9 self-builds which are supposed to be pretty stable and thoroughly tested. So, here you won't find state-of-the-art builds (like Coldfusion or KonstaT's builds), but builds which are more stock CM9 and patched with (or without) everything possible to make it more battery-wise.

Awesome aims, I really like the sound of this ROM however I am a Blade 2 owner ;-(

17/12/2012 (http://www.multiupload.nl/GNP9IVXJWQ)

• Fixed Youtube HD and Video Player on Gallery (Ganster's patches at [1])

THIS IS AWSOME :)

Build Instructions (Adapted from KonstaT's CM10.1 instructions)

• Follow instructions on initializing a build environment up to a point of downloading the source code.
  • Initialize CyanogenMod 9 repo.
    repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b ics
  • Create a file local_manifest.xml in .repo folder with the following content
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <manifest>
    <project name="joaoventura/android_device_zte_blade" path="device/zte/blade" revision="ics" />
    <project name="joaoventura/proprietary_vendor_zte_blade" path="vendor/zte/blade" revision="ics" />
    <project name="joaoventura/zte-kernel-msm7x27" path="kernel/zte/zte-kernel-msm7x27" revision="ics" />
    <project name="joaoventura/EcoWallpapers" path="packages/apps/EcoWallpapers" revision="master" />
    </manifest>

Do you think it would be possible to port your ROM to the the ZTE Cresent (Blade 2/OSF 2/Vivacity)? What would be involved?

It has nearly identical hardware except for a front facing camera and different shape. There is an older CM9 ICS port for the ZTE Cresent (Blade 2/OSF 2/Vivacity) here: http://www.modaco.co...t-updated-1307/ It even uses the the Blade's camera driver!

Please let me know, I'd be happy to be beta tester :)

d_borghi

d_borghi

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
mmmhh,,
awesome rom for my 256mb ram zte.
but 36% drain battery after 2 hour of stanb by state and 2g+mobile data active....

Pofka

Pofka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Check UOT kitchen! You can upload the SystemUI.apk and framework-res.apk, change the battery style, and download the changed files back..

Well I'm a bit afraid modifying something in rom. And only searching for best available rom for my gf blade.

jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Do you think it would be possible to port your ROM to the the ZTE Cresent (Blade 2/OSF 2/Vivacity)? What would be involved?

It has nearly identical hardware except for a front facing camera and different shape. There is an older CM9 ICS port for the ZTE Cresent (Blade 2/OSF 2/Vivacity) here: http://www.modaco.co...dated-1307/��It even uses the the Blade's camera driver!

Please let me know, I'd be happy to be beta tester :)

I guess only the kernel and prebuilt binaries would be needed to be changed.. If you are willing to try, get my sources and mix them with the CM9 port you have! I won't do it myself, since I don't have a ZTE Crescent, and I have better ways of spending my time.. :)

mmmhh,,
awesome rom for my 256mb ram zte.
but 36% drain battery after 2 hour of stanb by state and 2g+mobile data active....

Definitely you have an application which is consuming your data and preventing your phone from deep sleeping.. Read post #3 regarding battery consumption, specially the "My phone is still draining too much battery, what can I do:"

Well I'm a bit afraid modifying something in rom. And only searching for best available rom for my gf blade.

Well, if you had problems, you could always download again and reinstall.. You shouldn't be afraid when you have the original files to replace in case of problems. But, if you need battery percentage in the notification bar, CM roms have a battery percentage option like this (check picture at http://www.engadget....g-galaxy-s-iii/). The option is in Settings > System > Status Bar > Battery Status Style > Percentage..

I have my ROM with that option on since I used to use battery percentage in Gingerbread. But I prefer the way it is now, than the big circle like it was in Gingerbread! :)

Edited by jventura, 06 February 2013 - 03:04 PM.

Pofka

Pofka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

if you need battery percentage in the notification bar, CM roms have a battery percentage option like this (check picture at http://www.engadget....g-galaxy-s-iii/). The option is in Settings > System > Status Bar > Battery Status Style > Percentage.

I did that immediately after rom flash. Just my gf really likes that battery circle. I flashed battery circle to my S2. You know women, she wants that one too :D

jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

I did that immediately after rom flash. Just my gf really likes that battery circle. I flashed battery circle to my S2. You know women, she wants that one too :D

From my personal experience with my girlfriend and sister, if you say that it is impossible to get it like that, they'll believe and get on with their lives.. :)
But as I said, you can do it using the UOT Kitchen, it won't "destroy" anything, and if any problem arises just download again and reflash. Perfectly safe procedure!

gbosh

gbosh

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Atlas W (Vivacity)
The blade 2 has it's own device config so it would be best to apply the fixes (commits) of jventura to it. I may try it soon

Edited by gbosh, 13 February 2013 - 05:15 PM.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio

Panorama is a thing that never worked, and it doesn't matter anyway.. The camera itself is working fine (for photos and movies)!

Hmm, panorama was fixed on CM9 months ago. I also think that Ganster did his preview optimizations initially on CM9. You might want to check his github as well. :)

jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Hmm, panorama was fixed on CM9 months ago. I also think that Ganster did his preview optimizations initially on CM9. You might want to check his github as well. :)

Lol, just to see how much I know about Panorama! I didn't noticed that patch.. :)
Was this implemented in CM9 repo? Because "switch to panorama" force closes camera..

Thanks Konstat

Edit: It seems it was not implemented in CM ics repo..

Edited by jventura, 07 February 2013 - 06:45 PM.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio

Lol, just to see how much I know about Panorama! I didn't noticed that patch.. :)
Was this implemented in CM9 repo? Because "switch to panorama" force closes camera..

No, I did it later. Btw, there's one for barcode scanner before that (partially reverted in the panorama commit).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users