Photo

[GUIDE] Change to ANY G300/U8815/U8818 ROM via Boot loader version bypass [HACK]

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts
  • Devices:Crescent, G300, Y300, Nexus 5
  • Twitter:@Dazzozo

also cwm will only work ics to ics or gb to gb

not gb to ics or ics to gb

Wrong, CM9. ;)

Like my work? Give me rep!

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

elperroderoke

elperroderoke

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Devices:Defy+; U8650; U8815

no once you have ics bootloader its for good, but it wont hurt to try flash update.app(b882) again but i think it will fail
if at b926 when a newer rom (i.e b928 ) comes out no more need to bypass bootloader version i.d i hope.

I'm more or less understanding how it works (coming from Motorola Defy+, so diferent way).
Not knowing if an incoming realase will "repair" the boot loader, is the reason I won´t try unless it would be necessary, and right now I don´t see the point to go back to GB unless I have to sent the phone to be repaired on warranty, and even do, by the time maybe there will be an official Yoigo Spain ICS to be flashed (I assume everybody hope or think it would be posible the update from Unicom ICS just flashing the update.app)
Thank you for all the explanations.
Regards.

Gary_J_Wright

Gary_J_Wright

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Devices:Hauwei Ascend G300, bb990
  • Twitter:@Gary_J_Wright

Wrong, CM9. ;)

l

lol ok cm9 i meant official huawei ..... :P

Posted Image

apopberz

apopberz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:G300
I screwed up the ordering on this I think, What I've done because the official chinese ICS 4.0.3 install wouldn't work using the dload method I used this to backup and change my IMEI. Then I flashed a custom ICS rom *before* restoring the IMEI (but after getting root and reinstalling clockwork). Now i've restored my IMEI in the custom rom and it shows up fine in the settings or when I dial *#06# but I can't get any carrier signal (every now and then i get a 2g signal for a minute and it drops, weird).
I'm going to dload the offical update again and try restore the IMEI in there and hope that fixes it - any better suggestions?

Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Are you on O2? Sounds like the problems they're having right now

apopberz

apopberz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Are you on O2? Sounds like the problems they're having right now

No Vodafone AU - I've got another handset here and my SIM is fine in that one, I've definitely messed up the radio/baseband on this G300 somewhere during this process

I don't seem to be able to undo whatever damage it is I've done here. I just put the stock gingerbread rom back on, changed the IMEI to one from the zip on this thread, then ran the official ICS update again. Then restored my original IMEI (after having used unlockbootloader.exe to root again)

Now I'm official ICS with my original IMEI back, root is working and I can verify the IMEI in the settings or using *#06# but still have no signal with a working SIM

Edit: I fixed this by flashing the official ICS, restoreing the IMEI then rebooting and allowing the cache to wipe etc. Scared to flash another custom ICS now but it's worth the risk so here I go...

Edited by apopberz, 12 July 2012 - 11:44 AM.

Pondlife

Pondlife

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Devices:nexus 7

Edit: I fixed this by flashing the official ICS, restoreing the IMEI then rebooting and allowing the cache to wipe etc. Scared to flash another custom ICS now but it's worth the risk so here I go...

So it's fixed? Or have I read that out of context?

Gary_J_Wright

Gary_J_Wright

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

No Vodafone AU - I've got another handset here and my SIM is fine in that one, I've definitely messed up the radio/baseband on this G300 somewhere during this process

I don't seem to be able to undo whatever damage it is I've done here. I just put the stock gingerbread rom back on, changed the IMEI to one from the zip on this thread, then ran the official ICS update again. Then restored my original IMEI (after having used unlockbootloader.exe to root again)

Now I'm official ICS with my original IMEI back, root is working and I can verify the IMEI in the settings or using *#06# but still have no signal with a working SIM

As corrected by Dazzozo. you somehow have the wrong baseband / firmware @ a guess

The original update.app is ALWAYS official ICS we cant alter the update.app, This is B926 based with ICS basebands / firmware

Next flashable zips (CWM)

There are Two types of ICS modified ROM versions those that have ICS basebands, B926 based. they will come as a zip

some like cm9 and ligux are ICS modded ROM versions made to run on GB basebands /firmware again a zip

Edited by Gary_J_Wright, 12 July 2012 - 11:28 PM.

Posted Image

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts
The partitions have absolutely nothing to do with the operating system that runs on it. We could get the old B8xx Gingerbread ROMs running on B926 if we were so bothered.

The key difference is the radio firmware change. There are two basebands, and two sets of firmware. A ROM with the firmware for the other baseband will result in you having no mobile network.

If your modified ICS is built for B8xx with B8xx firmware, RIL won't work on your B926 device, and vice versa.

"ICS partition layouts" is a bit redundant, the only thing that really changed in B926 was the system partition becoming ext4, which has nothing to do with radio problems.

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

Gary_J_Wright

Gary_J_Wright

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

The partitions have absolutely nothing to do with the operating system that runs on it. We could get the old B8xx Gingerbread ROMs running on B926 if we were so bothered.

The key difference is the radio firmware change. There are two basebands, and two sets of firmware. A ROM with the firmware for the other baseband will result in you having no mobile network.

If your modified ICS is built for B8xx with B8xx firmware, RIL won't work on your B926 device, and vice versa.

"ICS partition layouts" is a bit redundant, the only thing that really changed in B926 was the system partition becoming ext4, which has nothing to do with radio problems.

cool think we need a guide of what works and how (Like the gen1 / gen2 blade) etc Really could do with a F A Q

Posted Image

apopberz

apopberz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

So it's fixed? Or have I read that out of context?

That's correct. I had to do this to fix it:

1) Install stock gingerbread
2) Flash this downgrade (false IMEI)
3) Install official chinese ICS update again
4) Root again (unlockbootloader.exe)
5) Restore my IMEI *before* changing roms to a custom ICS rom

So basically repeating the whole process detailed here again. I tried restoring my IMEI while having numerous custom roms (both gingerbread and ICS) and none allowed me to get a carrier connection. I would suggest adding to the guide the original IMEI should be restored as soon as possible (ie. right after chinese ICS and root are done, possibly even before bootloader unlocking) as this one really f***ed me up and took me about ~8 hours of flashing to resolve.

Pondlife

Pondlife

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
Nice one :)
Would never have thought that the imei restore wouldn't have worked on custom roms so definitely worthy of note.

milance022

milance022

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:samsung i900
How to delete after downgrade ICS...China logo "3G WO"...I want Huawei logo :)

sonicaaaa

sonicaaaa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300, ZTE Blade,
Hi all, I am trying to upgrade Huawei official ICS ontop of Vodafone UK 882 without luck.

Have anyone been able to make it work? Any suggestion?

thank you

sonicaaaa

Pondlife

Pondlife

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
First off don't
get the 885 ota update first for audio fixes

Gary_J_Wright

Gary_J_Wright

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Hi all, I am trying to upgrade Huawei official ICS ontop of Vodafone UK 882 without luck.

Have anyone been able to make it work? Any suggestion?

thank you

sonicaaaa

ota 885 then official ICS you DONT need this hack

Edited by Gary_J_Wright, 13 July 2012 - 10:02 PM.

Posted Image

maritimesbob

maritimesbob

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4, HTC One X+
I'm currently running ICS, have flashed the modaco ICS rom that Paul put together. Of course I went through the Chinese ICS update first then flashed the rom. I want to go back to GB, the guide in this thread would work for what I want to do?

Thanks.

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts

ota 885 then official ICS you DONT need this hack

You can just go from 882 to 926...

Gary_J_Wright

Gary_J_Wright

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
http://www.modaco.co...u8815-b927-rom/ use the update.app in the u8815 middle package this allow upgrage and down grade NO NEED to hack anymore

Edited by Gary_J_Wright, 16 July 2012 - 03:05 PM.

Posted Image

FrankieADZ

FrankieADZ

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

http://www.modaco.co...u8815-b927-rom/ use the update.app in the u8815 middle package this allow upgrage and down grade NO NEED to hack anymore

thats great news :D

I think you need to go another thread or something as you found this out :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users