Selling phone advice

Guest putbinoot

Guest putbinoot

About to sell my sons G300(keeping mine) it's running B888 should I downgrade to official rom so anybody who buys it can get over air ics uk update when it come out or try putting Chinese ics on it. Also as it is in mint condition boxed and all do you think a buy it now of £83 shipped in the uk sounds fair.

ps. what is the number of the offical Huawei update rom.

Guest ADROW

I don't have any ebay selling experience, but I've heard of the old Orange San-Francisco's selling for more than the RRP when they were rooted and had a custom rom. If it was the coming UK update I'd guess you could get more but with this update having Chinese elements to it, I'm not so sure. £83 seems a reasonable price though.

Guest Rico_89
. Also as it is in mint condition boxed and all do you think a buy it now of £83 shipped in the uk sounds fair.

Mobile phones on ebay can be a risky proposition for both sellers and buyers so be honest with the condition... oh unlocked phones usually acquire more interest so put that in the title and if you can box it in its original packaging then put that in the description.

I've never sold a phone on ebay but I do have a perfect selling score because I'm honest with the condition of the item and I always ship fast.

IMO I would wait for an insertion free weekend, they pop up every two to three weeks, then just start the bidding at your desired lowest price you're willing to accept, that way if it doesn't get any interest it won't cost you anything and if you do sell it then you won't have to fork out for the listing fee. Just make sure you're items and listings are covered by the free insertion weekend.

Edited by Rico_89

Guest timfimjim

I would put buy it now higher than £83! Go for £95 and also put it up for auction. If it's unlocked, rooted, say so. I always sell my phones on ebay. I sold my zte skate for £75 this week. I agree with the others - be honest with condition :)

Guest runlevel5

I would not do a "buy it now". Too easy for overexcited people to click and not pay, leaving you with fees and relisting. Start at 99p and let the phone find its own value. In the listing be very accurate with condition and also state that you have recorded the IMEI number so they dont send you back a different dud phone. Only take paypal and only do 1st class signed for delivery to the registered and verified address. lastly, make doubly sure no personal info is left on the phone, also state if you are or are not supplying an sd card.

all the best and good luck with sale.

Guest Rico_89

there a free listing weekend on Ebay atm. :)

Ah damn almost missed this one lol. I was upgrading to ICS and usually the emails are pushed to my phone :P thank for the heads up.

green_hl.jpg bullet_green.gifOnly on Saturday 7 and Sunday 8 July 2012 spacer.gifbullet_green.gifValid for up to 100 auction-style listings with a starting price of £1 or more in eligible categories spacer.gifbullet_green.gifGet your items in front of millions of eBay buyers