3 replies to this topic

bumps

bumps

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300, Desire Z
So it's like this, All my contacts are saved with 07 at the start of their numbers but when i get texts off the same people the app shows them starting with +44 so it does not tag the texts with their names. I end up with a long list of just +44 numbers in the app kinda annoying. I know the solution would be to edit all contacts numbers to start with +44 but i was just wondering if there was any other possible fix, thank you.

Geoff2

Geoff2

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade; Huawei Asend G300
I moved over to Handcent straight away (for a different reason - I use the Swype Keyboard, and with the stock SMS app, the keyboard doesn't show a Return key.) I have no problems with contacts - they all show up as normal. The only very minor drawback is that when you use handcent you get a solid blue LED light on the phone to warn you there's a message waiting, whereas the stock app gives you a green flashing LED.

matrakio

matrakio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

So it's like this, All my contacts are saved with 07 at the start of their numbers but when i get texts off the same people the app shows them starting with +44 so it does not tag the texts with their names. I end up with a long list of just +44 numbers in the app kinda annoying. I know the solution would be to edit all contacts numbers to start with +44 but i was just wondering if there was any other possible fix, thank you.

same problem here

fr0do

fr0do

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
If you edited the contacts and added the international number that'd work?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users