[GUIDE]Possibly a New Rom Downgrade upgrade Tool found

Guest Gary_J_Wright

Guest Gary_J_Wright

Reports that this MAY WORK for some phones only = IT works for mine but as always @ own risk< i would say its quicker and safer than the hack method

U8815 rom downgrade upgrade.zip

put this on external sdcard (just the dload folder+ contents) not the zip extract it 1st

hold volume down +up and power on

wait a few seconds till finished

then remove from sdcard and replace with ANY official HUAWEI update.app (rom version) again dload folder method

note ......

this is a copy of u8815 middle package original is 777K

mine is 997K as i used no compression when i zipped it back up

now have the tool NOT working for me

All i get is a pink bar that gets to 70% then fone reboots

IS THIS what others get when they say failed?

before it said unpacking fimware > pink bar > installing firmware> green tick OK

so it seems I have recreated the problem

If you get a failure the only option is to use the hack method not the huawei tool http://www.modaco.co...on-bypass-hack/

after using the hack method I was successful in using the above U8815 rom downgrade upgrade method

Edited by Gary_J_Wright

Guest FrankieADZ

Is this the one from the B927 thread? If so then it fails to help in some cases - mine fails to update using this.

did u do the method i said?

install this method first?*i mean do this middle thing first them install the update to B926?

Guest Hans Gruber

Is this the one from the B927 thread? If so then it fails to help in some cases - mine fails to update using this.

Yeah same with me. I still had to zero the IMEI

Guest Gary_J_Wright

my imei is correct ive gone from b926 > b927> to b882 > b927 imei stayed the same every time.....

also i had to run the the file evey time to change rom

Guest FrankieADZ

what about the bootloader thing?

is Bootloader still locked at ICS...so if you install ICS and then want to go back you'll still have to root it via that UnlockBootloader.exe?

doesnt work for me.

The progressbar jumps immediately to about 2/3 and stays there until i pull the battery.

Install of B927 doesnt work on my phone too. Im on B926.

doesnt work for me.

The progressbar jumps immediately to about 2/3 and stays there until i pull the battery.

Install of B927 doesnt work on my phone too. Im on B926.

That is the same as I get. This method is certainly not a fix for all.

If you are on B296 you can update to B297 via fastboot, that is how I have done it to see if it works. I'll upload the extracted files later if anyone is interested.

Guest Gary_J_Wright

Reports that this MAY WORK for some phones only = IT works for mine but as always @ own risk< i would say its quicker and safer than the hack method

U8815 rom downgrade upgrade.zip

put this on external sdcard (just the dload folder+ contents) not the zip extract it 1st

hold volume down +up and power on

wait a few seconds till finished

then remove from sdcard and replace with ANY official HUAWEI update.app (rom version) again dload folder method

note ......

this is a copy of u8815 middle package original is 777K

mine is 997K as i used no compression when i zipped it back up

please check with a virus scanner if worried

i now have the tool NOT working for me All i get is a pink bar that gets to 70% then fone reboots - IS THIS what others get when they say failed?

before is said unpacking fimware > pink bar > installing firmware> green tick OK

Guest runlevel5

I get no text and pink bar but no reboot. same thing on update.app from storage and from power on hold both vol keys. Wanted to see if the new kernel made any difference. oh well, I will wait. Chinese ics is all good for now.

all the best.

Guest Rico_89

now have the tool NOT working for me

All i get is a pink bar that gets to 70% then fone reboots

IS THIS what others get when they say failed?

before it said unpacking fimware > pink bar > installing firmware> green tick OK

Yep that's what I got when I used the middle update.app. It showed just the pink bar with out any notifications. After I downgraded using risky IMEI=0 method I then just installed the 927 update.app and it worked perfect.

Also if you check the log in dload folder on your phone it says failed.

Edited by Rico_89

Guest Gary_J_Wright

Yep that's what I got when I used the middle update.app. It showed just the pink bar with out any notifications. After I downgraded using risky IMEI=0 method I then just installed the 927 update.app and it worked perfect.

Also if you check the log in dload folder on your phone it says failed.

If you get a failure the only option is to use the hack method not the huawei tool http://www.modaco.co...on-bypass-hack/

after using the hack method I was successful in using the above U8815 rom downgrade upgrade method aka huawei tool

Guest Rico_89

after using the hack method I was successful in using the above U8815 rom downgrade upgrade method aka huawei tool

After using the Hack method I didn't bother using the huawei tool, I just installed the B927 uppdate.app and it installed fine.

Guest maritimesbob

So, anyone else having luck with this tool?

I'm looking to downgrade from B926 (Pauls rom) to B888, but the hack method makes me a little nervous.

Guest Ascend

Just tried this and got the pink line immediately.

This is the logfile on the sd card but it means nothing to me. Perhaps it makes sense to one of the more experienced members.

post-983552-0-49229400-1342636345_thumb.

Guest Gary_J_Wright

Just tried this and got the pink line immediately.

This is the logfile on the sd card but it means nothing to me. Perhaps it makes sense to one of the more experienced members.

post-983552-0-49229400-1342636345_thumb.

@ own risk

if the update.app in dload folder dont work you have to use the hack method