Photo

[JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 01/09]

* * * * - 6 votes

• Please log in to reply
779 replies to this topic

-Mind-

-Mind-

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade S
So it's work ? :)

MadEye Moody

MadEye Moody

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Devices:ZTECrescent, Nexus 4
  • Twitter:@renjithis

Use '"P736E=1 brunch cm_blade2-userdebug" to compile for the Vivacity

This doesn't seem to give the E build. Opened up the build.prop of the output zip and in Additional build properties, it says
ro.build.baseband_version=P736VB01

Also, the file name for both were the same : cm-10-20121128-UNOFFICIAL-blade2.zip

Edited by MadEye Moody, 28 November 2012 - 03:34 AM.

Shell script to trim down ROMs (tested on CM9 and CM10) : https://www.dropbox..../zip_trimmer.sh

Shell script (cron ready) to automate syncing, compiling and trimming(requires zip_trimmer.sh) CyanogenMod (currently for CM10, with just a few modifications, will work with CM9 source) : https://www.dropbox....htly_release.sh

MadEye Moody

MadEye Moody

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

So it's work ? :)

Well, it does work, but haven't tested it much. I'll suggest that you wait for a day or two. I'm running the ROM and will report if I find any issues with it

Shell script to trim down ROMs (tested on CM9 and CM10) : https://www.dropbox..../zip_trimmer.sh

Shell script (cron ready) to automate syncing, compiling and trimming(requires zip_trimmer.sh) CyanogenMod (currently for CM10, with just a few modifications, will work with CM9 source) : https://www.dropbox....htly_release.sh

razzmataz1478

razzmataz1478

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts
  • Interests:Flashing ROMs, Being distracted by my skate
  • Devices:ZTE Skate

This doesn't seem to give the E build. Opened up the build.prop of the output zip and in Additional build properties, it says

Also, the file name for both were the same : cm-10-20121128-UNOFFICIAL-blade2.zip

Did it work?

If not try

export P736E=1

Before you brunch/lunch.

Posted Image

Current Phone:

Xperia T

Previous Phones:

Orange Monte Carlo

Nokia 5530 XpressMusic (Nokia C6-00 CFW)

Sony Ericsson v640i

Nokia 3120

Various other Nokia phones.

Not the best history of phones Posted Image

MadEye Moody

MadEye Moody

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Did it work?

If not try

export P736E=1

Before you brunch/lunch.

That too gives the same result
/system/build.prop
Shouldn't it say P736Esomething

EDIT :
the build output has this line
make -C kernel/zte/msm7x27 O=/home/renjith/android/source/cm10/out/target/product/blade2/obj/KERNEL_OBJ ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=" /home/renjith/android/source/cm10/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-eabi-4.6/bin/arm-eabi-" blade2_jb_p736e_defconfig
so it might be working

EDIT 2 :
or it might not
tried brunch again with export P736E=0, and that line was still there

Edited by MadEye Moody, 28 November 2012 - 04:11 PM.

-Mind-

-Mind-

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Well, it does work, but haven't tested it much. I'll suggest that you wait for a day or two. I'm running the ROM and will report if I find any issues with it

Okay, Thanks ! :)

MadEye Moody

MadEye Moody

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Hi,
I've been using the ROM I compiled and posted here earlier for about 2 days and the results are not satisfactory. So I will not recommend using it.
Issues :
A few of yellow artefacts (random rectangles) are seen when content on screen changes - this is almost unbearable when trying to play videos, the area where there is no video is dancing with yellow rectangles
Camera app has a lot of artefacts as well - it has so much of it that a lot of times I was taking photos blindly. here the artefacts are not yellow in colour. There is also the tearing that we had in previous ROM as well. The only positive about the camera is that the preview is smoother (when not considering the artefacts)
The battery life is very bad. I'm not a heavy user and used to get 16-20 hours, but with this build, I'm only getting about 6-8 (but this could change with a few days usage)
The phone is very slow sometimes even when I overclocked to 902MHz. Some times it would take about a minute for the launcher icons to appear after sliding from one screen to another.

Positives :
Bluetooth headset is working - tried stereo mode
Turning off GPS removes the GPS notification as well

reedo_17

reedo_17

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Devices:Nexus4,Blade,CrescentY300MotoG
  • Twitter:@@Ollie_Reed17

Hi,
I've been using the ROM I compiled and posted here earlier for about 2 days and the results are not satisfactory. So I will not recommend using it.
Issues :
A few of yellow artefacts (random rectangles) are seen when content on screen changes - this is almost unbearable when trying to play videos, the area where there is no video is dancing with yellow rectangles
Camera app has a lot of artefacts as well - it has so much of it that a lot of times I was taking photos blindly. here the artefacts are not yellow in colour. There is also the tearing that we had in previous ROM as well. The only positive about the camera is that the preview is smoother (when not considering the artefacts)
The battery life is very bad. I'm not a heavy user and used to get 16-20 hours, but with this build, I'm only getting about 6-8 (but this could change with a few days usage)
The phone is very slow sometimes even when I overclocked to 902MHz. Some times it would take about a minute for the launcher icons to appear after sliding from one screen to another.

Positives :
Bluetooth headset is working - tried stereo mode
Turning off GPS removes the GPS notification as well

I tried an updated Cm10 and i installed KonstaT's 4.2 camera app it removed the artifacts a lot better but panorama still has glitches/artifacts so try that.
Also im using the cm-10-20121118-UNOFFICIAL-blade2-p736e.zip rom and im trying to get the google play store and it wont install ive tried the normal gapps, minimal gapps and pruned gapps and non give me the play store

Edited by reedo_17, 29 November 2012 - 08:11 PM.

Test007

Test007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:Sensation XE
I also tried this updated CM10 on my SFII and I must say that is very promising. For me battery life is great, however I don't using this phone daily too much (it is my spare phone). I using TPT variant 200 40 200 which is enough for ROM+GAPPS, anyway I using S2E which can move apps, private apps and dalvik cache to ext partition, so internal space for data is not very important. Also flash 4.2 camera app, it working very fast and removed any artifacts. I don't expect miracles but...overall phone working very smooth for me (using great SmartassH3 governor @200-825MHz) First time I update this rom from Dazzozo version CM10 and had some problems with root, but clean installation solves this problem. When I will have some more time (think about weekend ;-) ) then I'll try longer and deeper, anyway thank you for your work. At this moment rom working good for me and contains most of latest updates, also including screen off CRT animation - nice job MadEye Moody. I hope that you want continue developing this great ROM for Crescent :-) Thank you again.

iharrybao

iharrybao

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Devices:ZTE vivacity
  • Twitter:@iharrybao
have you guys ever noticed that it appears some yellow shadows on the status bar. and when i try to connect wifi, the password input window just shows on the status bar, just too small to see it,any idea to fix it?
and many thanks to rom makers!

Sorry, I'm Chinese....

ruyzalim

ruyzalim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Devices:zte optimus barcelona

y I using S2E which can move apps, private apps and dalvik cache to ext partition,

hello my friend , can you help me? How do you create an ext partition to move all that stuff to there and how do you move them to there , my problem is that im allways running out of space! thank you very much my friend

CurtisAndroidSF2

CurtisAndroidSF2

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design, Music, Photography, Android, Technology & Gaming.
  • Devices:HUAWEI ASCEND P1
Just wondering where I can find the Konsta T 4.2 camera zip, can't seem to find his zip. Found one on AndroidCentral but I think it's a different one.

Thanks

Devices

Huawei Ascend P1 (Untouched, for now)

iPhone 4 16gb Jailbroke (6.1.3 semi-tethered) (Sold)

HTC ONE V (Unlocked Bootloader/TWRP installed) running CM10 (Sold)

ZTE Crescent (OSF2)- Paranoid Android 4.1 (Sold)

Samsung Galaxy I5500- CM7 (Sold)

My Photography

My Ported Roms:

MoKeeOS (Alpha) | GB MIUI (Alpha) | KonstaKang (Alpha)

| AtomicMod (Beta) |

SwedishSnow (Fully working) | H3 Blues

Help me by testing out my ported ROMs and let me know what works/doesn't work and post here

reedo_17

reedo_17

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
http://www.modaco.co.../page__st__2220 it is the 5th post down :) It does make a big difference to removing the artifacts

Edited by reedo_17, 30 November 2012 - 05:41 PM.

CurtisAndroidSF2

CurtisAndroidSF2

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

http://www.modaco.co.../page__st__2220 it is the 5th post down :) It does make a big difference to removing the artifacts

Thank you, much appreciated.

Devices

My Photography

My Ported Roms:

| AtomicMod (Beta) |

Help me by testing out my ported ROMs and let me know what works/doesn't work and post here

reedo_17

reedo_17

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Thank you, much appreciated.

Just wondering what rom your flashing this onto

-Mind-

-Mind-

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
So the ROM of MadEye work fine ? What work more than Dazzozo original ROM ? :)

And another question : Why we can't port CyangogenMod 10 of Konstat for the blade with the

ZTE Porting Tool ? It is possible ?

Edited by -Mind-, 30 November 2012 - 06:01 PM.

CurtisAndroidSF2

CurtisAndroidSF2

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Just wondering what rom your flashing this onto

I'm checking out MadEyes ROM then probably pay another visit to the ParanoidAndroid JB ROM and maybe even bounce back to the ICS ParanoidAndroid ROM. I'll probably flash the zip on each ROM.

Why?

I'm guessing so

Devices

My Photography

My Ported Roms:

| AtomicMod (Beta) |

reedo_17

reedo_17

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

I'm checking out MadEyes ROM then probably pay another visit to the ParanoidAndroid JB ROM and maybe even bounce back to the ICS ParanoidAndroid ROM. I'll probably flash the zip on each ROM.

Why?

just out of curiosity

razzmataz1478

razzmataz1478

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts
  • Interests:Flashing ROMs, Being distracted by my skate
  • Devices:ZTE Skate

And another question : Why we can't port CyangogenMod 10 of Konstat for the blade with the

ZTE Porting Tool ? It is possible ?

Why would you want to do that when you can build from source on the crescent? It's a ridiculous idea.

Posted Image

Current Phone:

Xperia T

Previous Phones:

Orange Monte Carlo

Nokia 5530 XpressMusic (Nokia C6-00 CFW)

Sony Ericsson v640i

Nokia 3120

Various other Nokia phones.

Not the best history of phones Posted Image

-Mind-

-Mind-

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
It is just a question.

1 user(s) are reading this topic