[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

can anyone tell me a way to bypass the initial google account setup wizard ? my digitizer is damaged at the bottom right part and hence i cant click the next button

I tried without installing the gapps for JB and i am still getting this setup wizard , seems its for JB startup .

Please some one help ... touching four corners of screen wont work as bottom right part of digitizer is damaged , tried calling emergency no.s multiple times yet cant get out of the wizard .

i tried editing the build.prop to change

ro.setupwizard.enterprise_mode=1

ro.setupwizard.mode=DISABLED

but now the rom wont even go through the CWM , just resets the CWM when i choose to install the rom .

Edited by Exiled

I tried without installing the gapps for JB and i am still getting this setup wizard , seems its for JB startup .

Please some one help ... touching four corners of screen wont work as bottom right part of digitizer is damaged , tried calling emergency no.s multiple times yet cant get out of the wizard .

i tried editing the build.prop to change

ro.setupwizard.enterprise_mode=1

ro.setupwizard.mode=DISABLED

but now the rom wont even go through the CWM , just resets the CWM when i choose to install the rom .

You tried removing SetupWizard.apk? :mellow:

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1877183

anyone tried this and would it actually give an improvement over ics/jb

Just tried it and at least it does boot. Might be a bit smoother than before - honestly seems to be the case.

I changed the egl.cfg for the new one, corrected the rights, moved the library away, and modified the build.prop, as mentioned in the thread you pointed.

UI doesn't feel quicker, but animations do feel smoother and some are now lightning-fast, like the drawer, for example.

Didn't test any further, just ran a quick level of dummy defense, which was smooth indeed.

Edit: tested a few levels of super stickman golf, and now scrolling through big stages is really easy, whereas it used to gently lag without this hack - so there seems to be a real improvement.

Edited by Guest

Guest snowbord

Well after a royal butchering of the nand memory trying to repartition (done it tens if not hundreds of times, not sure what went wrong) and having to restore the IMEI by hex editing, thankfully the phone is repartitioned to 180 MB and CM10 has booted once more. FWIW 160 mb system should suffice.

I have another blade here running Moldovan. What a difference CM10 makes! Amazing stuff. This ROM is mental. It is a crying shame that we don't have the OMX libs available to get hardware video decoding working. The rest, I am sure, will get ironed out eventually, thanks to KonstaT and the other great developers here.

The blade just won't die lol!! Cracking phone that it is (was).

Edited by snowbord

You tried removing SetupWizard.apk?

i dont see a setupwizard.apk in app folder , it is by any chance renamed to something else ?

Edited by Exiled

Thanks, HumaDroid! :)

As said many times, if size is a concern, you can still get rid of irrelevant languages in LatinIME.apk (gain ~20Mb!), remove unused apps or switch them with those you use, and install a tailored gapps package.

My /system is only 140Mb, and with this rom I still have 9Mb free, so size - definitely - doesn't matter!! :D

As said many times, if size is a concern, you can still get rid of irrelevant languages in LatinIME.apk (gain ~20Mb!), remove unused apps or switch them with those you use, and install a tailored gapps package.

My /system is only 140Mb, and with this rom I still have 9Mb free, so size - definitely - doesn't matter!!

Yep, thanks for the reminder.

I'm a noob with tailoring ROMs and just can't find the time atm to read up on it.

Just tried it and at least it does boot. Might be a bit smoother than before - honestly seems to be the case.

I changed the egl.cfg for the new one, corrected the rights, moved the library away, and modified the build.prop, as mentioned in the thread you pointed.

UI doesn't feel quicker, but animations do feel smoother and some are now lightning-fast, like the drawer, for example.

Didn't test any further, just ran a quick level of dummy defense, which was smooth indeed.

Edit: tested a few levels of super stickman golf, and now scrolling through big stages is really easy, whereas it used to gently lag without this hack - so there seems to be a real improvement.

not sure why libGLES_android.so is getting copied into the rom anyway as that was taken out of the blade-vendor-blobs.mk vendor tree months ago:

https://github.com/K...c8df4d64f496154

its still in proprietary-files.txt in the device tree though:

https://github.com/K...etary-files.txt

tweaking system.prop and egcl.cfg and removing the lib does seem to make a bit of a difference with the app drawer etc; seems to boot a lot faster too.

to build these changes in it seems we need to do this:

build/core/main.mk replace:

ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES += dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y,o=v,u=y

device/zte/blade/prebuilt/system/lib/egl/egl.cfg remove:

0 0 android

device/zte/blade/proprietary-files.txt remove:

lib/egl/libGLES_android.so

device/zte/blade/system.prop add:

debug.qctwa.statusbar=1

debug.qctwa.preservebuf=1

com.qc.hardware=true

ro.max.fling_velocity=4000

frameworks/native/opengl/libagl/ delete:

Android.mk

Edited by sej7278

Hi :)

After about a week using this amazing build, I found 2 issues.

1st is the same that I had in CM9, when I turn 3G off (only 2G networks) the phone doesn't enter in deep sleep. But I can live with that.. :)

2nd one is more annoying, Cell Standby process is "eating" about 60% of the battery. I saw in xda forum that S3 have a look like issue but it's just a script error that is causing wrong statistics, in my case my battery is draining about 10% per hour in stand by and deep sleep. sometimes it works fine but most of the time it don't.

does anyone having the same issue?

2nd one is more annoying, Cell Standby process is "eating" about 60% of the battery. I saw in xda forum that S3 have a look like issue but it's just a script error that is causing wrong statistics, in my case my battery is draining about 10% per hour in stand by and deep sleep. sometimes it works fine but most of the time it don't.

does anyone having the same issue?

Yes, I also see a high percentage of energy being dumped into the cell standby. And it also seems to come and go.

Any ideas for a remedy?

Guest styrofoam

Hi KonstaT, :)

I know you must have a lot of work with the CM10, but I ask anyway! :blush:

Will it be possible to have a TPT, like you've done for the CM9, the same compatible with the CM10?

I like your TPT (316mo data), it's really fine, others TPT do not suit me and I can not keep it with the CM9, it does not go! :unsure:

Thank you for your answer! :wub:

My update to 0915 went smoothly filling 158mb of my system partition. Thanks, Konstat!

The screen-off animation is there (including the lock-without-unlock-flicker bug).

I can't say that I see any other changes in behavior. My camera preview still doesn't work.

Keep them updates coming! :)

Guest targetbsp

Why would you set it to auto? Auto-brightness doesn't work anyway.

Sorry, I'm new to this rom, so I'm not sure what's known to not work about it. For me, it works upwards, in that when the ambient light increases the screen gets brighter. But not downwards, in that it stays bright if you go into a dark room. Even if you tick 'allow light decrease' which was required to make it work on CM7. Is this what doesn't work about it? Or does it not work full stop for some people?

from logcat it seems that when the CRT kicks in from an already locked screen, LockPatternKeyguardView() gets called twice in succession:

from an unlocked screen a lot more goes on:

Yeah, I have LockPatternKeyguardView() called twice on lockscreen too, but the animation still works normally. Did you try compiling with the framework patch instead of the kernel patch? Both work for me so I don't mind which one I use in my builds. There's Blades with many different screen panels and I think some models with some certain screen type have this issue.

Hi KonstaT,

I know you must have a lot of work with the CM10, but I ask anyway!

Will it be possible to have a TPT, like you've done for the CM9, the same compatible with the CM10?

I like your TPT (316mo data), it's really fine, others TPT do not suit me and I can not keep it with the CM9, it does not go!

Thank you for your answer!

No current plans to make TPTs. 160mb system has been the "standard" TPT for custom ROMs for quite a while. There's both gen1 and gen2 versions available at Amphoras' site.

Sorry, I'm new to this rom, so I'm not sure what's known to not work about it. For me, it works upwards, in that when the ambient light increases the screen gets brighter. But not downwards, in that it stays bright if you go into a dark room. Even if you tick 'allow light decrease' which was required to make it work on CM7. Is this what doesn't work about it? Or does it not work full stop for some people?

Auto-brightness doesn't work for me at all. Ambient light sensor works and button backlight lights up if you cover the sensor. Just the screen brightness doesn't change. It used to works in early builds (tested it 6-8 weeks ago) but I don't know exactly what broke it and when (I don't normally use auto-brightness).

Guest tilal6991

not sure why libGLES_android.so is getting copied into the rom anyway as that was taken out of the blade-vendor-blobs.mk vendor tree months ago:

https://github.com/K...c8df4d64f496154

its still in proprietary-files.txt in the device tree though:

https://github.com/K...etary-files.txt

tweaking system.prop and egcl.cfg and removing the lib does seem to make a bit of a difference with the app drawer etc; seems to boot a lot faster too.

to build these changes in it seems we need to do this:

build/core/main.mk replace:

ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES += dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y,o=v,u=y

device/zte/blade/prebuilt/system/lib/egl/egl.cfg remove:

0 0 android

device/zte/blade/proprietary-files.txt remove:

lib/egl/libGLES_android.so

device/zte/blade/system.prop add:

debug.qctwa.statusbar=1

debug.qctwa.preservebuf=1

com.qc.hardware=true

ro.max.fling_velocity=4000

frameworks/native/opengl/libagl/ delete:

Android.mk

Its getting copied as its built when compiling by frameworks/native/opengl/libagl.

Yeah, I have LockPatternKeyguardView() called twice on lockscreen too, but the animation still works normally. Did you try compiling with the framework patch instead of the kernel patch? Both work for me so I don't mind which one I use in my builds. There's Blades with many different screen panels and I think some models with some certain screen type have this issue.

i've just tried the framework-base patch and that fixes the issue (also noticed in the thread that an i9000 user had the same thing). i didn't remove your kernel tweak, so essentially i'm using both fixes.

Its getting copied as its built when compiling by frameworks/native/opengl/libagl.

yes, so i emptied frameworks/native/opengl/libagl/Android.mk so it doesn't get built :D

Here is a fresh build of ClockWorkMod 6.0.1.2. Should be fully working.

recovery-clockwork-6.0.1.2-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?cvocorscdallevw

md5:7c3ec6b9a11df9e50184265ff683af56

recovery.img

md5:b75d438dfe0ce7fa22d416b493505efe

Interesting part is that the source code for recovery in ics and jellybean branches is different even if the cwm version number matches. I couldn't get cwm built as CM10 side product working and thought these issues were with cwm 6.x.x.x in general. Turned out the jellybean branch is borked...

Here is a fresh build of ClockWorkMod 6.0.1.2. Should be fully working.

recovery-clockwork-6.0.1.2-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire...cvocorscdallevw

md5:7c3ec6b9a11df9e50184265ff683af56

recovery.img

md5:b75d438dfe0ce7fa22d416b493505efe

Interesting part is that the source code for recovery in ics and jellybean branches is different even if the cwm version number matches. I couldn't get cwm built as CM10 side product working and thought these issues were with cwm 6.x.x.x in general. Turned out the jellybean branch is borked...

Is it touch or not?