[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

ive installed that and ive ticked mount as ext4 and rebooted but still the options are faded.

Have you partitioned your memory card? If not, you need to boot into ClockworkMod Recovery, select 'advanced', and 'partition' and reboot. (That's off the top of my head and may be inaccurate - but if you have a rummage round in ClockworkMod, you'll find it eventually.) Give yourself around 2GB of logical partition - that should be enough room for most people's apps.

Guest reedo_17

Have you partitioned your memory card? If not, you need to boot into ClockworkMod Recovery, select 'advanced', and 'partition' and reboot. (That's off the top of my head and may be inaccurate - but if you have a rummage round in ClockworkMod, you'll find it eventually.) Give yourself around 2GB of logical partition - that should be enough room for most people's apps.

okay but is there any darktremour scripts for this rom because ive used them on my blade and i didnt have to partition my sd card or anything

Guest Ganster

Here's the result of my quick H/W decoding tests with the new build: (mainly for Ganster and anyone, who works on H/W decoding)

I tested .avi files with Xvid, should be the same for other containers and DivX.

Video: B-frames work (including 2 consecutive), but cause massive artifacts in the video (look at the screenshot), when played. No B-frames - no artifacts. This is a need-to-be-fixed as most videos use B-frames.

Audio: AC3 & plain PCM audio (strange?) doesn't work in H/W decoding. VBR-MP3 sometimes stops playing audio and continue with video only. Audio can be set in MX Player to play with Software decoder, without affecting H/W decoding of the video - not a big problem.

That's for now. If you need any help with testing, just let me know. :)

P.S. I'm really sorry to hear KonstaT will give up CM10. :( But the great work he and the other devs have done, will not be forgotten until there are still Blades running!

Thanks for test.

Yes, audio in *.avi/*.divx(divx container wasn't work in KonstaT ROM, because it needs to be added to MediaDefs, I forgot rhis) containers can be only mp3. May be later somebody add ffmpeg for other formats... Some workaround for this available on github. Like this.

What about B-frames... Can you make short clip with B-frames enabled, and visible artifacts? I read commits on codeaurora, and looks like we need some kernel updates to correct it.

Guest reedo_17

Thanks for test.

Yes, audio in *.avi/*.divx(divx container wasn't work in KonstaT ROM, because it needs to be added to MediaDefs, I forgot rhis) containers can be only mp3. May be later somebody add ffmpeg for other formats... Some workaround for this available on github. Like this.

What about B-frames... Can you make short clip with B-frames enabled, and visible artifacts? I read commits on codeaurora, and looks like we need some kernel updates to correct it.

Ganster do you still build your own CM9 ?

masterlud: Enable auto-rotate on homescreen, turn the phone to landscape and run camera app again. It should be OK.

No. Unfortunately Camera app is broken in this latest 1124 ROM. :(

Camera show visible disturbance a lot when you start camera app, while taking picture. Even if you change it to landscape with auto-rorate enable, same issue. Only solution I could find is to toggle camera mode to Camcorder mode and then back to camera mode. Then camera is stable. There were no issues with camera app in 1116 ROM. Anyway Panorama mode still shows visible disturbance.

Anyone else is also facing this issue to confirm?

Edited by anantk

Guest huibuhh

Installed the rom today. My experiences:

- wlan hardly reconnects after hot reboot or does not even try to. Then you have to go the settings and click 'connect' manually.

- 4.2 camera: camcorder and panorama initially showed glitches, panorama pictures weren't taken correctly but this somehow magically fixed after some time and some reboots. Then i crashed the camcorder by trying to test the quick motion option. As this option wasn't reset afterwards from now on i could not get the camcorder get to work again. Fingers off quick motion everyone!

- google voice search - no matter if started via widget or from app drawer - does not work. If i don't mix them up the none-google-now-version just opens a blank google search page after listening ends and the google-now-version gives an error message like "sorry, voice search has been quit". Any idea how to get it to work?

Apart from that i didn't notice any bugs. The UI is pretty smooth and everything seems to be doing fine. Having the 4.2 camera and gallery running on our blade definitely rocks. I'm loving it! Thanks to everyone involved for your hard work. Much appreciated!

I think having a release with 4.2 camera and keyboard nevertheless would be a good thing even though they are not included in CM10. But they do more good than harm...

KonstaT, does the final CM10 release mean that you stop development for the blade (personally i could understand a certain kind if tiredness after that long time and the always repeating questions in this thread) or do you plan to do some CM10.1 releases to keep track with the upcoming commits?

Guest keyboardshortcut

Thanks Konstat and Ganster and everyone involved!

It is a privileged for us to use your ROM.

I've seen it growing from July to November!

Awesome work! :D

Guest elrond_bs

I tested this ROM extensively for a week (both 18.11 & 24.11 versions) on my GEN2 European Blade. Tested most apps that I use (more than 150), games, etc. NOTE: Results could be different on different phones. Here's my review:

In short: the ROM is very fast, smooth and stable. Faster than GB and ICS.

Problems/bugs (not including those on page 1):

- (fixable) Home button (including on navigation bar), recent apps and lock screen doen't work (disabled) on fresh install.

How to fix (thanks to Sulthekk) : Open Terminal Emulator, type "su", press enter on keyboard, select "Allow" when asked for SU permissions. Now type exactly this code:

sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db "INSERT INTO secure (name,value) VALUES ('device_provisioned','1');"[/CODE]

- (fixable) Camera preview for video - It is bugged. To fix it, flash Camera 4.2 ARM6 (by KonstaT) from here.

- Occasional picture distortion in Camera and Video players, not really a big problem. Usually fixed by rotating the phone or switching between apps.

- Autobrightness doesn't work correclty for me. I won't try to explain (too long), but it is the same in all Cyanogenmod ROMs (CM7, CM9, CM10). Works correctly in stock based ROMs (like SS-RLS7)

- Wifi usually doesn't reconnect after reboot and it is stuck on connecting. I don't even consider it a real problem. To fix it - turn off Wifi, then back on.

- Mpeg4 video playback is broken in last version (was OK in 18.11), H/W decoding is not working correctly with B-frames, S/W is bugged, slow and resizing doesn't work correctly. BUT, this is a work in progress by Ganster, I'm sure he'll fix it soon. ;)

[b]Games, Apps not working (correctly)[/b]. NOTE: these apps are, most likely, not working on Jelly Bean (not because of the ROM)

- Assasin's Creed, Hero of Sparta, Gangster Miami - crash very frequently (once in a minute or so)

- Fling, Rise of Glory - problem with textures, not playable

- Asphalt 5 - reports SD card not available (but works in ICS, this is a know Jelly Bean bug for some older apps, if anyone knows a fix, please share)

- Daroon Player, CamScanner

[b]Everything else works well [/b](and I really put it through a lot during testing)[b] - monumental achievement for KonstaT and the other devs![/b]

[b]Recommended tweaks for faster working ROM:[/b]

- Go to Settings->Performance. Select Processor and change CPU governor to SmartassV2, then enable "Set on boot". Go back 1 step and select I/O scheduler, change it to "sio" and enable "Set on boot"

- Go to Settings->Developer options: click on the OFF button in the upper right corner (it must be ON). Scroll down and find "Window animation scale", "Transition animation scale" and "Animator duration scale" and change them to "[b].[/b]5x".

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest styrofoam

hello guys,

Recommended tweaks for faster working ROM:

- Go to Settings->Performance. Select Processor and change CPU governor to SmartassV2, then enable "Set on boot". Go back 1 step and select I/O scheduler, change it to "sio" and enable "Set on boot"

- Go to Settings->Developer options: click on the OFF button in the upper right corner (it must be ON). Scroll down and find "Window animation scale", "Transition animation scale" and "Animator duration scale" and change them to ".5x".

@elrond bs: You wrote 5x or 0.5x? Because I tried 5x and this is very bad! lol! It should be 0.5x! Thanks for the settings!

Edited by styrofoam

There's a network connectivity problem on this rom, every time i install this rom and connect via 3g network the connection drops and freezes, needs to reboot every time .. removed this rom and installed ICS of KonstaKANG , theres no issue on that...any replies??

Final CM10 build.

cm-10-20121124-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

Thank you for your work, KonstaT!

Is this biuld final because you have a new phone or will you start developing a 10.1 ROM for the Blade?

I hope the latter is true. ;-)

I tested this ROM extensively for a week (both 18.11 & 24.11 versions) on my GEN2 European Blade. Tested most apps that I use (more than 150), games, etc. NOTE: Results could be different on different phones. Here's my review:

In short: the ROM is very fast, smooth and stable. Faster than GB and ICS.

Problems/bugs (not including those on page 1):

- Wifi usually doesn't reconnect after reboot and it is stuck on connecting. I don't even consider it a real problem. To fix it - turn off Wifi, then back on.

-\

I run 16.11 with Camera 4.2 ARM6 and HQ patch flashed manually. This combination has no problems with wi-fi reconnection.

I run 16.11 with Camera 4.2 ARM6 and HQ patch flashed manually. This combination has no problems with wi-fi reconnection.

With the combination (16.11 with Camera 4.2 ARM6 and HQ patch), how is camera app behaving? Do you see visible disturbance while capturing pictures through normal camera mode? Whether panorma mode and Camcorder works properly without any visible disturbance while recording?

Guest uncle.uncle

The ROM is running great but i can not find an UPNP app to work for my DLNA media player, nor my LG TV. Both apps can not find the media player or Tv. I have the same apps Bubble UPNP and LG remote on my tablet and they both work.

Any Ideas

Uncle