Photo

[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

* * * * * 69 votes

• Please log in to reply
3134 replies to this topic

Ganster

Ganster

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco
  • Twitter:@Ganster41

I also have a question for you Ganster, why don't you like project butter on jb and why was it keeping you from porting your omx bypass?

When I trying CM10 old ports, it freezes sometimes, and gives some ugly graphic artifacts. May be I'll try new builds later...
And my OMX patch already ported to CM10 by XDA users without my help. :)

Ganster what about bugs on some youtube hq videos?

Ask it to Qualcomm. I was do all what I can understand without their help. And most videos with green line in HQ still plays OK in LQ ;)

..Abel..

..Abel..

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade / Dell XCD 35
  • Twitter:@Ace_Able
Brillant rom!! HQ works PERFECTLY ! :) Cant believe our blade can run JELLY BEAN ! :D

Posted Image
JELLY BEAN :)

emc02

emc02

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Youtube HQ on our old blades is a great feature!!! HW decoding with Android Player would make it perfect ;)

ZTE Blade TFT (Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v10 185/269/2 with TPT-Helper)
CyanogenMod11

pppp3k

pppp3k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Me too. wi-fi is not working at all. It's stuck at Switching on wi-fi.

After re-flashing 18.11 three times and having the same issue with wi-fi, I went back to 16.11 with the HQ patch flashed manually.

Ganster

Ganster

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
Installed this ROM... Yes, Wi-Fi starts veeery long time.
But videos plays ok. In Youtube, and external apps(MX Player too). If you have problems with MX Player, disable "HW decoder+". It doesn't work on our devices.
And interface are slow :(

emc02

emc02

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

But videos plays ok. In Youtube, and external apps(MX Player too). If you have problems with MX Player, disable "HW decoder+". It doesn't work on our devices.

can you give a link with a example-video that works on MX-Player with HW decoding?

CyanogenMod11

Cata_Simi

Cata_Simi

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade

hq or sd (youtube especially)?

robreid

robreid

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Many many thanks for all your work in getting this ROM so stable on our blades, I'm now using it as an every day ROM and it's nigh on perfect.
It seems to be a lot smoother than ICS too and it's just generally freakin awesome.
I have a couple of questions:
I'm currently using Link2SD to allow me to have all the apps I need without /data filling up; is this the best way to do this or is another way (S2E or something like that) better? I don't really know much about these apps or how they differ.
Also I was wondering if a patch like the one you applied to CM9 to stop the connection and wifi drops could be applied here to CM10 because it worked perfectly on CM9 and I'm getting connection drops again with this ROM.
Thanks again, it's amazing.

misterc2k5

misterc2k5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I also get the WiFi switching on issue after rebooting in the latest ROM. It can take a minute or two to 'switch on' and connect. Once it is connected it seems to be fine.

Also, I would like to say once again a big thanks to everyone involved with this ROM, it really is some amazing work you have done!

Ganster

Ganster

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
https://dl.dropbox.c...– Bangarang.mp4
This is 360p video from YouTube. Same quality as youtube gives in HQ mode.
800x480 videos plays too...

Ganster

Ganster

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

It seems to be a lot smoother than ICS too and it's just generally freakin awesome.

Where? I see it not first, but don't understand, where you see "smoother than ICS".
ICS with correct composing seetings are VERY fast. CM10 are laggy after it.
If we correctly enable mdp composition in CM10, than it be fast. But if I try to enable it, parts of picture are messed up :( Why? On LG GT540 mdp composition works correct...

bezerra

bezerra

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

It's possible to fix youtube hq and videos from other apps to work fine with other video resolution?

Edited by bezerra, 20 November 2012 - 12:20 PM.

emc02

emc02

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

OK, this vid works well with HW decoder!
Does it depend on the resolution if it could be played in HW or SW only? Because I use streams from an austrian-TV-page (tvthek.orf.at) and they provide mp4 streams that cause an error in Google Media Player and they force MX Player to use SW decoding (but they worked with Android 2.X, but I'll never go back to that ;) )

Edited by emc02, 20 November 2012 - 12:33 PM.

CyanogenMod11

Ganster

Ganster

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
Depedensions are same as in GB. Resolution no more than 800x480, and only baseline profile for AVC, or simple for MPEG4.

96frozen

96frozen

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Jellybean with Nova Launcher and SmartassV2, I/O scheduler noop is pretty fast and responsive... Go to the developers settings and tweak whatever you want to your likings of performance :D

ROM: CM10 by KonstaT

CWM: GEN2 CWM 6.0.1.1 by Snap.IT

Thank all of the developers topics, rate them 5 stars, they are the people who are keeping your cellphone alive.

Thanks to KonstaT, Snap.IT, tilal6991, daemond, Ganster (this guy is specially awesome for fixing OMX on 4.x ROMS), burstlam and many others that I can't think of right now :D

herzblutnord

herzblutnord

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Depedensions are same as in GB. Resolution no more than 800x480, and only baseline profile for AVC, or simple for MPEG4.

.avi with resolution with 720x480 works fine with s/w decoder (but sometimes the sound seems not 100% synchrinozed to the video),
.mp4 (mpeg4(DivX)) with 720x480 works well too with h/w decoder,
and i just tried .mkv with mpeg4(DivX) and 720x480 and it just started with s/w decoder and it was laggy,
but hay, it is really awesome how much now works! ^ _ ^

ah! edit:
some of my mp4 videos are REALLY laggy with h/w decoder and a little bit laggy with s/w decoder (mpeg4(divX), 720x480)
and some work fine Ö_o

Edited by herzblutnord, 20 November 2012 - 02:07 PM.

ZTE BLADE with Cyanogenmod 10.1 and Nova Launcher

elrond_bs

elrond_bs

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Where? I see it not first, but don't understand, where you see "smoother than ICS".
ICS with correct composing seetings are VERY fast. CM10 are laggy after it.
If we correctly enable mdp composition in CM10, than it be fast. But if I try to enable it, parts of picture are messed up :( Why? On LG GT540 mdp composition works correct...

- CM10 is very smooth for me too - better than any other ROM! Even without tweaking anything - on fresh install, no overclocking. Tried Nova launcher, Apex and ADW-EX and Nova is fastest.

- Also Wifi and data work perfectly normal for me, sometimes wifi even turns on and connects surprisingly fast.

- About video decoding - I tested SW decoder (with a couple of test videos I have since Froyo) and it is slightly slower than on SS-RLS7 (which is the fastest I tested), but good enough.

- BUT, for me, autobrightness doen't work (it's the sensor). Can you, please, tell me if it works for any of you, and what phone do you have (I have GEN2 European Blade)?
I'll flash an older version of this ROM, I'll also try some ICS ROMs to find where it works and hope someone can help me fix it (as I'm no programmer).

So, it seems different devices have different hardware issues, may be if we share some info about our phone types, we could help each other and the devs to fix the problems easily.

Edited by elrond_bs, 20 November 2012 - 03:26 PM.

ZTE Blade with CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4 KitKat)

vNa5h

vNa5h

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Devices:Dell XCD35 (ZTE Blade)

can you give a link with a example-video that works on MX-Player with HW decoding?

Any YouTube 360p MP4

Dell XCD35 a.k.a ZTE Blade a.k.a Orange San Fransisco