Photo

[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

* * * * * 69 votes

• Please log in to reply
3134 replies to this topic

96frozen

96frozen

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
bump

ROM: CM10 by KonstaT

CWM: GEN2 CWM 6.0.1.1 by Snap.IT

Thank all of the developers topics, rate them 5 stars, they are the people who are keeping your cellphone alive.

Thanks to KonstaT, Snap.IT, tilal6991, daemond, Ganster (this guy is specially awesome for fixing OMX on 4.x ROMS), burstlam and many others that I can't think of right now :D

Snap.IT

Snap.IT

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade 3, Alcatel OT995

@Mio180: if the checksum didn't match why do you install? That means it is not downloaded/moved correctly. And why not using my link for Gen2 160mb system v10 custom?

Wipe everything and install again. But be more careful.

@ dhoomktoo1: Default dialer should be in the drawer, so it is a serious problem. If your system is 160MB or more, wipe and install again. If not, use the TPT from the link above.

If you change the standard dialer into another dialer then that dialer will start by default.

To get back to the standard dialer enter settings -> apps click your installed dialer (exdialer) and clear it's setting as standard dialer.

elrond_bs

elrond_bs

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Yes, but his dialer doesn't show in app drawer. Even if you install 5 other dialers, the stock one is still there (except, if you deliberately hide it).

ZTE Blade with CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4 KitKat)

Snap.IT

Snap.IT

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade 3, Alcatel OT995

Yes, but his dialer doesn't show in app drawer. Even if you install 5 other dialers, the stock one is still there (except, if you deliberately hide it).

It's much more likely that something changed after the installation of exdialer since it changed after that. If you use a theme with icons the icon for dialer that used to open the JB dialer will open exdialer instead if it's selected as default dialer.

It's not like the dialer magically dissapeared. It's still there.

bloobzor

bloobzor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:zte blade
Hi, i haven't been following the blade scene in a while, I still use swedish snow RLS7 on a blade that used to be a gen 1 (updated it to 2 by using the ss RLS7 TPT)
Now I want to install this rom but I am a bit confused on how I have to do it

1. run gen1 to gen2 V10a by using TPThelper
2. turn off phone, power back on by holding volume+ and menu button
3.in clockwork flash the rom
4. install gabbs

5. done

Is this correct? Where do I place the actual rom on my sdcard so iI can find it in clockwork?
Also I keep reading that 16.11 (i think?) is the best version of this rom, I never use youtube on my phone, should I use this version?

Sorry for these stupid questions.

Edited by bloobzor, 18 December 2012 - 12:43 AM.

dhoomktoo1

dhoomktoo1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Devices:OMCSkate,SFBlade
Snap...I have already tried clearing the defaults for exdialer. But still not able to get back the default dialer. As you rightly said ..it must be there since the calling is working all right ..but I just can't seem to find it in the app drawer. Phone.apk is there in system / app folder. Can also see the it in settings / manage app. Just can't seem to find a way to start the default dialer...weird

EDIT : took a nandroid backup and reinstalled the ROM on top with out any wipes. Dialer back in app drawer and works likes a charm. Thanks for all your help.

Edited by dhoomktoo1, 18 December 2012 - 11:28 AM.

jonmac73

jonmac73

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Fran - Huawei G510

Hi, i haven't been following the blade scene in a while, I still use swedish snow RLS7 on a blade that used to be a gen 1 (updated it to 2 by using the ss RLS7 TPT)
Now I want to install this rom but I am a bit confused on how I have to do it

1. run gen1 to gen2 V10a by using TPThelper
2. turn off phone, power back on by holding volume+ and menu button
3.in clockwork flash the rom
4. install gabbs

5. done

Is this correct? Where do I place the actual rom on my sdcard so iI can find it in clockwork?
Also I keep reading that 16.11 (i think?) is the best version of this rom, I never use youtube on my phone, should I use this version?

Sorry for these stupid questions.

sounds fine, although full CWM backup first & format/wipe before starting, but TPT will do that anyway.
I came from SS too, so many more usability features and not much performance drop. I used 1611 after reading on here - not tried latest so can't comment but everything works that I need so am happy.

UK Orange San Fran Gen2 TPT'd running CM9 ECO

UK Huawei Ascend G510 running stock 4.1.1

mirko28

mirko28

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Does this ROM supports ext4 for link to SD?

elrond_bs

elrond_bs

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
Yes, of coarse it does. I use exactly ext4 with Link2SD. :) You need Clockworkmod 5 or 6 for that.

Edited by elrond_bs, 18 December 2012 - 04:14 PM.

andr0idbeliev3r

andr0idbeliev3r

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Devices:Sapo a5 (Portugal's ZTE Blade)
One question, if the devs made a android 4.2 ROM, what would you have to do to get it stable? or it would be as stable as cm10 because its still jelly bean?

Thanks to all developers for developing such beautifull and stable ROMS and thanks to Google for developing android aaaaand thanks to the original creators of android.

My devices:

ZTE Blade- MegaDrive 4.0.4

elrond_bs

elrond_bs

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
KonstaT already commented on that, few pages back. He said 4.2 is a lot of work, but not worthed at all, because most new things can't work on our ARM6 CPU, and rest of the changes are insignificant. Also CM10.1 is still in the beginning and 4.2 proved to be quite buggy even for supported devices. :D

I guess 4.1 is the last stable and working Android we will see for our device. And that is a great achievement for such an old phone with ARM6.

HumaDroid

HumaDroid

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Devices:DELL XCD35
Agreed, remember that the first blades were released with Eclair 2.1
Now we have 4.1 !!!

ace j. ventura

ace j. ventura

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Android 4.2 would be nice indeed in our Blades. :)

96frozen

96frozen

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Stop this, this is why konstat left

ROM: CM10 by KonstaT

CWM: GEN2 CWM 6.0.1.1 by Snap.IT

Thank all of the developers topics, rate them 5 stars, they are the people who are keeping your cellphone alive.

Thanks to KonstaT, Snap.IT, tilal6991, daemond, Ganster (this guy is specially awesome for fixing OMX on 4.x ROMS), burstlam and many others that I can't think of right now :D

bloobzor

bloobzor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

sounds fine, although full CWM backup first & format/wipe before starting, but TPT will do that anyway.
I came from SS too, so many more usability features and not much performance drop. I used 1611 after reading on here - not tried latest so can't comment but everything works that I need so am happy.

Thanks mate, was a bit scared to do it but did it anyway. Just booted in the new rom and looks like everything is working!

mules

mules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Anyone tried to get USB tethering working, I really need that feature, no success for me so far.

elrond_bs

elrond_bs

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
I managed to get it working with PdaNet from Play Store. But you must also install software for your PC to work. Follow the instructions in the app, it is explained.

Quirocha

Quirocha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade - San Francisco
I read some posts ago, the 24/11 is going to be the last release - is this so?
Won't be further developments?

dhoomktoo1

dhoomktoo1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Devices:OMCSkate,SFBlade
Noob q for devs. Is there a way to figure out the background and hex values for the colors used in a newly installed cm 10 theme? Want to use the same values to some other configurable apps.

elrond_bs

elrond_bs

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
First of all, you should ask this in another thread.

Still: easiest way - make a screenshot, open it on your computer, check the value of the color with Paint.NET (it shows it in HEX as well as RGB). Another way - decompile the theme.

Edited by elrond_bs, 19 December 2012 - 10:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users