Photo

[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

* * * * * 69 votes

• Please log in to reply
3134 replies to this topic

azidhaka

azidhaka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

If its the same as mine its not that i went into settings/developer options then unticked usb debugging usb storage comes up you can then tick usb debugging and you can now connect phone to pc.

That did the trick for me. At first there was no reaction on the computer and the phone when i connected the cable... just charging. Unticking USB debugging caused the mass storage to connect immediately.

Congrats to KonstaT for this release, XiiaLive and RadioRecord online streaming services were not working in the previous release, now they do.

frogtime

frogtime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:zte blade
hi guys

i couldn't find a possiblity to install applications to sdcard. konstat's version of s2e didn't work for me. i flashed int2ext+ (a variation of a2sd) and it partially worked. but, because it has no customization options, most of apps i installed was placed in internal storage automatically.

and as i tried out before apps2sd kind of movements leads errors and makes apps broken. so there seems to be no chance for it too, i will not do any movement.

in CM7.1, in settings menu there were options for where to install apps. is it possible to add that feature in your mod?

and is there any way for me to place installations directly to sd from now on?

planax

planax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Sapo a5 (ZTE Libra)
You can use Link2SD.

Andrei Lisnic

Andrei Lisnic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1987032
Is there any chance to have this integrated into the ROM?

elrond_bs

elrond_bs

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts
Have you tried it? Is there any real improvement?

It will never be included in the ROM for sure, as you can just install it. The ROM contains only basic things and everyone installs what they want.

ZTE Blade with CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4 KitKat)

maff91

maff91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE

If its the same as mine its not that i went into settings/developer options then unticked usb debugging usb storage comes up you can then tick usb debugging and you can now connect phone to pc.

Thanks this has fixed it
for clarification before this when i plugged the blade into my windows 7 laptop the phone would just charge and show no usb notifications

Mettafox

Mettafox

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S II i9100

It will never be included in the ROM for sure, as you can just install it. The ROM contains only basic things and everyone installs what they want.

To use the patch, needs first compile the binaries with the rom and realise if exist real improvements or not with several tests.

The KonstaT or someone can compile a extra build with the binaries and the people can test... I guess all will test.
For example, you can compile a build ;)

Edited by Mettafox, 03 January 2013 - 11:15 PM.

Devices:
Sapo A5 (ZTE Libra) - CyanogenMod 10 KonstaKang (Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean)
Samsung Galaxy S II i9100 - Stock Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with TouchWiz 5.0

Recovery:
Sapo A5 (ZTE Libra) - ClockworkMod 5.0.2.0 from ROM Manager
Samsung Galaxy S II i9100 - Stock recovery

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,436 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Blade III

hi guys

i couldn't find a possiblity to install applications to sdcard. konstat's version of s2e didn't work for me. i flashed int2ext+ (a variation of a2sd) and it partially worked. but, because it has no customization options, most of apps i installed was placed in internal storage automatically.

and as i tried out before apps2sd kind of movements leads errors and makes apps broken. so there seems to be no chance for it too, i will not do any movement.

in CM7.1, in settings menu there were options for where to install apps. is it possible to add that feature in your mod?

and is there any way for me to place installations directly to sd from now on?

It seems that you have misunderstood the difference between native apps2sd and a2sd. If you are using some a2sd method that moves your apps to EXT partition on your sdcard, you need to keep your apps in phone's memory under android settings. If you move apps to sdcard from android settings, they'll be on your sdcard's FAT partition (/sdcard/.android_secure).

You don't need any special version of S2E anymore, just install it from the play shop.

None.

To use the patch, needs first compile the binaries with the rom and realise if exist real improvements or not with several tests.

The KonstaT or someone can compile a extra build with the binaries and the people can test... I guess all will test.
For example, you can compile a build ;)

And if you compile it with Linaro it will blow your mind. ;)

Seems to be the placebo of the month... These come and go every now and then.

khizhny

khizhny

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Libra (ak Blade, Spark)
Thanks to KonstaT! Latest ROM is very good.
The only problem I faced with is that I use rVOIX program from play market to write incoming calls.
Program itelf working perfectly but after reboot it just can't autostart its service SVoix. I have to start it manually from RVoix. Previosly I used MIUI 4.1.2 Rom (based on CyanogenMOD) and SVoix started on boot without any problem. Normally RVoix process has one service (SVoix) to do its job.
Right after boot I see RVoix in running processes but after a while this process is killed and service is not started. I suspect that process RVoix boots up to early and just cant get needed superuser permissions. Sometimes after reboot I get a popup message that RVoix can't get superuser permissions. The same problem I had with Tasker application from play market. Program works fine if started from menu, but after reboot runs and then die after a while.
I have made a logcat just in case.
Line 491: W/PackageManager( 383): Not granting permission android.permission.MODIFY_PHONE_STATE to package com.voix (protectionLevel=18 flags=0x8444)
Line 727: W/PackageManager( 383): Not granting permission android.permission.MODIFY_PHONE_STATE to package com.voix (protectionLevel=18 flags=0x8444)
Line 1985: I/ActivityManager( 383): Start proc com.voix for broadcast com.voix/.BootRec: pid=919 uid=10064 gids={1015, 1028}
Line 1985: I/ActivityManager( 383): Start proc com.voix for broadcast com.voix/.BootRec: pid=919 uid=10064 gids={1015, 1028}
Line 2487: W/PackageManager( 383): Not granting permission android.permission.MODIFY_PHONE_STATE to package com.voix (protectionLevel=18 flags=0x8444)
Line 2595: W/BroadcastQueue( 383): Receiver during timeout: ResolveInfo{40e64b08 com.voix.BootRec p=0 o=0 m=0x108000}
Line 2659: E/ActivityManager( 383): ANR in com.voix
Line 2661: E/ActivityManager( 383): Reason: Broadcast of Intent { act=android.intent.action.BOOT_COMPLETED flg=0x10 cmp=com.voix/.BootRec }
Line 2797: W/ActivityManager( 383): Killing ProcessRecord{41079cf0 919:com.voix/u0a64}: background ANR
Line 2799: I/ActivityManager( 383): Process com.voix (pid 919) has died.
Line 3453: D/su	 ( 934): 10064 com.voix executing 0 /system/bin/sh using shell /system/bin/sh : sh
All that I can say from logcat that Voix is trying to start, but after a while it is killed. Maybe someone khow how to fix it?

Attached Files

пенис

пенис

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Thanks to KonstaT! Latest ROM is very good.
The only problem I faced with is that I use rVOIX program from play market to write incoming calls.
Program itelf working perfectly but after reboot it just can't autostart its service SVoix. I have to start it manually from RVoix. Previosly I used MIUI 4.1.2 Rom (based on CyanogenMOD) and SVoix started on boot without any problem. Normally RVoix process has one service (SVoix) to do its job.
Right after boot I see RVoix in running processes but after a while this process is killed and service is not started. I suspect that process RVoix boots up to early and just cant get needed superuser permissions. Sometimes after reboot I get a popup message that RVoix can't get superuser permissions. The same problem I had with Tasker application from play market. Program works fine if started from menu, but after reboot runs and then die after a while.
I have made a logcat just in case.

Line 491: W/PackageManager( 383): Not granting permission android.permission.MODIFY_PHONE_STATE to package com.voix (protectionLevel=18 flags=0x8444)
Line 727: W/PackageManager( 383): Not granting permission android.permission.MODIFY_PHONE_STATE to package com.voix (protectionLevel=18 flags=0x8444)
Line 2487: W/PackageManager( 383): Not granting permission android.permission.MODIFY_PHONE_STATE to package com.voix (protectionLevel=18 flags=0x8444)
Line 2595: W/BroadcastQueue( 383): Receiver during timeout: ResolveInfo{40e64b08 com.voix.BootRec p=0 o=0 m=0x108000}
Line 2659: E/ActivityManager( 383): ANR in com.voix
Line 2661: E/ActivityManager( 383): Reason: Broadcast of Intent { act=android.intent.action.BOOT_COMPLETED flg=0x10 cmp=com.voix/.BootRec }
Line 2797: W/ActivityManager( 383): Killing ProcessRecord{41079cf0 919:com.voix/u0a64}: background ANR
Line 2799: I/ActivityManager( 383): Process com.voix (pid 919) has died.
Line 3453: D/su	 ( 934): 10064 com.voix executing 0 /system/bin/sh using shell /system/bin/sh : sh
All that I can say from logcat that Voix is trying to start, but after a while it is killed. Maybe someone khow how to fix it?

You should run fix the permissions through clockworkmod.

Dedicated to be a Blade user :)
Running on CM10.1

DoubleM101

DoubleM101

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:Sapo a5 (ZTE Blade)

Bug: sometimes when I power on the phone it freezes before the SIM asking screen and only shows the black bar with the battery indicator and the background picture. If I press the power/lock screen button a messed up little something shows up under the black bar. If I press it long the power off/reset screen shows up correctly and works (only reset seems to fix this problem).

I have the same problem. I have to restart the phone 4 or 5 times until i can get it working. I use the unlock pattern too

But what bothers me more is the wireless. If i am next to the router, everything works more or less ok, but a little farther, the signal drops a lot and it´s a lot inconsistent. It connects, disconnects, connects, disconnects.. Sometimes also happens it shows signal, is connected, i have internet and the signal bars are grey instead of blue.

Problem isn´t with my router because if i turn on Wi-Fi on places where are other networks and search for them, the finding is a lot inconsistent too. Without moving the phone, it finds some networks, then they disappear, then return and so on..

I really don´t remember whats the previous rom i used to have, but since i installed the 24.11 and 27.12 these things starts to happen :(

Edited by DoubleM101, 04 January 2013 - 09:33 PM.

Mettafox

Mettafox

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S II i9100

And if you compile it with Linaro it will blow your mind. ;)

Seems to be the placebo of the month... These come and go every now and then.

Perhaps for Blade, but, if you search, you'll find good feedback about this patch.
But, as always, you will find bad feedback and information about placebo effect.

You, better than any other normal user, know that the same device do not works the same way, and not all have the same results or problems.

I have tried the patch and show some improvements namely with the facebook app and the Play Store.

I will try the new version to see what happens.

Some users with Blade using AOKP Remix, say the Linaro give really good performance, I really don't see any (maybe because the rom uses an old version), but, it's me, not mean that others do not see improvements.

Edited by Mettafox, 04 January 2013 - 11:43 PM.

Devices:
Sapo A5 (ZTE Libra) - CyanogenMod 10 KonstaKang (Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean)
Samsung Galaxy S II i9100 - Stock Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with TouchWiz 5.0

Recovery:
Sapo A5 (ZTE Libra) - ClockworkMod 5.0.2.0 from ROM Manager
Samsung Galaxy S II i9100 - Stock recovery

mobile579

mobile579

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

I have the same problem. I have to restart the phone 4 or 5 times until i can get it working. I use the unlock pattern too

I have the similar problem - the whole screen is squished into the area where soft buttons would be.

Unlock pattern, sim lock and soft buttons at bottom of screen.

Edited by mobile579, 04 January 2013 - 11:57 PM.

dom1312

dom1312

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade

I have the similar problem - the whole screen is squished into the area where soft buttons would be.

Unlock pattern, sim lock and soft buttons at bottom of screen.

I too have the same problem esp. when addin a widget to home screen. i just press back and try again and then it works fine. Also does any1 seem to have charging issue. 27-12 version seems to take a longer time to charge and discharges quickly. It didnt happen on prev version 24-11. I did a complete wipe and fresh install [twice]. Changed charger too.

Current Device: Dell XCD35
Current ROM: CM10.1 - Konstakang

_Nuno_

_Nuno_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Libra (Sapo a5)

27-12 version seems to take a longer time to charge and discharges quickly. It didnt happen on prev version 24-11. I did a complete wipe and fresh install [twice]. Changed charger too.

I noticed the same. It seems that 27-12 always thinks a USB port and not a wall charger is being used to charge the device (Settings->About->Status). Not a big problem, though...
I does seem to have another quirk: the notification LED is often wrong. It stays red or green after disconnecting from the charger; lights red instead of green for missed calls, doesn't blink or turn on on incoming emails, etc...

elrond_bs

elrond_bs

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts
@Mettafox : There is a way to verify if the app only keeps the CPU at max and it's not helpful at all. Without the patch, change you CPU governor to Performance and if you get the same improvements, the patch is clearly useless.

Edited by elrond_bs, 05 January 2013 - 08:34 AM.

ZTE Blade with CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4 KitKat)

khizhny

khizhny

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Libra (ak Blade, Spark)

You should run fix the permissions through clockworkmod.

I've tried, but It didnt helped. I've made a bootup logcat on MIUI ROM (where rVOIX is working).
By the way this MIUI ROM is based on CyanogenMod-10-20120915-KonstaKANG-blade.
This is how it should look like:
Line 731: W/PackageManager( 408): Not granting permission android.permission.MODIFY_PHONE_STATE to package com.voix (protectionLevel=18 flags=0x8444)
Line 1205: W/PackageManager( 408): Not granting permission android.permission.MODIFY_PHONE_STATE to package com.voix (protectionLevel=18 flags=0x8444)
Line 3301: I/ActivityManager( 408): Start proc com.voix for broadcast com.voix/.BootRec: pid=981 uid=10070 gids={1015, 1028}
Line 3301: I/ActivityManager( 408): Start proc com.voix for broadcast com.voix/.BootRec: pid=981 uid=10070 gids={1015, 1028}
Line 3363: D/	 ( 999): 10070 com.voix executing 0 /system/bin/sh
Line 3369: I/ActivityManager( 408): Start proc com.voix:remote for service com.voix/.RVoixSrv: pid=1020 uid=10070 gids={1015, 1028}
Line 3369: I/ActivityManager( 408): Start proc com.voix:remote for service com.voix/.RVoixSrv: pid=1020 uid=10070 gids={1015, 1028}
Line 3379: D/dalvikvm( 1020): Trying to load lib /data/data/com.voix/lib/liblame.so 0x41244690
Line 3381: D/dalvikvm( 1020): Added shared lib /data/data/com.voix/lib/liblame.so 0x41244690
Line 3383: D/dalvikvm( 1020): No JNI_onload found in /data/data/com.voix/lib/liblame.so 0x41244690, skipping init
Line 3385: D/dalvikvm( 1020): Trying to load lib /data/data/com.voix/lib/libvoix.so 0x41244690
Line 3385: D/dalvikvm( 1020): Trying to load lib /data/data/com.voix/lib/libvoix.so 0x41244690
Line 3387: D/dalvikvm( 1020): Added shared lib /data/data/com.voix/lib/libvoix.so 0x41244690
Line 3387: D/dalvikvm( 1020): Added shared lib /data/data/com.voix/lib/libvoix.so 0x41244690
Line 3389: I/com.voix( 1020): JNI_onload
Line 3391: D/com.voix( 1020): RVoixSrv: onCreate(): entry
Line 3391: D/com.voix( 1020): RVoixSrv: onCreate(): entry
Line 3393: D/com.voix( 1020): RVoixSrv: onCreate(): exit
Line 3393: D/com.voix( 1020): RVoixSrv: onCreate(): exit
Line 3395: D/com.voix( 1020): RVoixSrv: onstart(): entry
Line 3395: D/com.voix( 1020): RVoixSrv: onstart(): entry
Line 3397: E/NotificationService( 408): Ignoring notification with icon==0: Notification(pri=0 contentView=com.voix/0x1090071 vibrate=null sound=null defaults=0x0 flags=0x62 kind=[null])
Line 3399: D/com.voix( 1020): RVoixSrv: onstart(): exit
Line 3399: D/com.voix( 1020): RVoixSrv: onstart(): exit
Line 4103: W/PackageManager( 408): Not granting permission android.permission.MODIFY_PHONE_STATE to package com.voix (protectionLevel=18 flags=0x8444)
Line 4500: I/ActivityManager( 408): No longer want com.voix (pid 981): hidden #16

Attached Files

ziofaggio

ziofaggio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:ZTE blade

http://www.xda-developers.com/android/entropy-seed-generator-not-all-its-hacked-up-to-be/

anantk

anantk

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Devices:Idea Blade

I noticed the same. It seems that 27-12 always thinks a USB port and not a wall charger is being used to charge the device (Settings->About->Status). Not a big problem, though...

Yes. Even I noticed this. Charging takes longer time in 27-12 and Settings-->Battery Status shows "USB Charging", even though charging is done through Wall Charger.

RZRV8

RZRV8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Twitter:@RZRV8

I does seem to have another quirk: the notification LED is often wrong. It stays red or green after disconnecting from the charger; lights red instead of green for missed calls, doesn't blink or turn on on incoming emails, etc...

Not for me. It says 'Charging (AC)' for me. I can post a screenshot if you want.. Also, my LEDs are perfect.

And, Idk if you guys noticed these two things but
1.) When I am using WiFi, my battery seems to last longer?! Is this possible?
2.) When I am using my Blade's internet through BT Tethering on my iPod Touch 4G, its faster on the iPod. O_o I mean the speed. 2G seems like 3G. I dont care as long as it works. :D I love you KonstaT and everyone else involved.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users