[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Felsch

159 MB with some older Gapps 8-).

either way, the rest seems to running fine... So I'd rather not comment, but showing off is always good to do :D.

post-931950-0-45076600-1345649684_thumb.

Edited by Felsch

Guest KonstaT

I'm not exactly sure how polite it is to distribute this, but here is S2E (version 2.2.1) hacked to work with Jelly Bean API level 16. This is fully working with CM10 so I can't see no reason why this app hasn't been updated. I've resigned the app so you won't be able to update it via play shop if/when update is available. Also better make a nandroid backup before you use this. All credits to Oleg Krikun.

Instructions:

1. install S2E-JB.apk like any regular app

2. start the app, options are greyed out (that's normal)

3. MENU -> Settings -> Mount as ext4 -> reboot your phone

4. options still greyed out? format your sd-ext using clockworkmod 5.5.0.4+ (mounts and storage -> format /sd-ext)

5. check boxes for Applications and Private apps -> reboot your phone

6. never worry about a2sd again

rename .zip -> .apk

S2E-JB.zip

Guest vasiloy

Sound routing seems to work with skype but when using viber I can't hear the other party. Anyone else experiencing this? Wanna see if the problem is from my end.

Seems like s2e developer has not gone anywhere, he was not so long ago on 4pda.ru forum, where he began to lay out his program, but his last post was in May this year, when was the last version of s2e. Attempts to contact him fail, unfortunately

System size for ROM + gapps from the first post seems to be ~161mb. You need to have system size larger than that or do some trimming on the ROM - simple as that.

Thanks, KonstaT. I would recommend that you better copy this to the opening post. Otherwise people will ask the same questions 100 times - like I did yesterday.

Guest HDuser

System size for ROM + gapps from the first post seems to be ~161mb. You need to have system size larger than that or do some trimming on the ROM - simple as that.

And a quick reminder.

Edited as someone else answered.

Edited by HDuser

Guest HDuser

have tillals ICS installed can i simply update or i have to format everything then fresh install your rom? and every after your new release can simply update without formatting systems etc?

Edited by HDuser

Guest HDuser

KonstaT, can you tell me how i can personally mod status bar transparent and check it in your rom using ADB? because i love sense v4 like status bar :(

Guest flixblixclix

I'm not exactly sure how polite it is to distribute this, but here is S2E hacked to work with Jelly Bean API level 16. This is fully working with CM10 so I can't see no reason why this app hasn't been updated. I've resigned the app so you won't be update it via play shop if/when update is available. Also better make a nandroid backup before you use this. All credits to Oleg Krikun.

Instructions:

1. install S2E-JB.apk like any regular app

2. start the app, options are greyed out (that's normal)

3. MENU -> Settings -> Mount as ext4 -> reboot your phone

4. options still greyed out? format your sd-ext using clockworkmod 5.5.0.4+ (mounts and storage -> format /sd-ext)

5. check boxes for Applications and Private apps -> reboot your phone

6. never worry about a2sd again

rename .zip -> .apk

S2E-JB.zip

attachment link expired.... can u refresh it

Guest mikeb90

Anyone has youtube working with this version? I only get a black screen, 8/8 version was fine.

it's a bug of the mod... we're waiting for a fix.... just pay attention to the post on the first page ;)

Edited by mikeb90

Which things we don't need and can be trimmed off? 2nd question is how to trim off?

Read page 35 and 36.

KonstaT, Can i use this rom for daily use? mean is this bug free in normal using? what about battery timing? and i have tillals ICS installed can i simply update or i have to format everything then fresh install your rom? and last question after plenty of question :P every after your new release can simply update without formatting systems etc?

The ROM runs perfectly for daily use. Take a look at the list of non-working things in the opening post and decide for yourself if it's good enough for you.

I've been running CM10 since half a day now and the battery drain is totally normal.

Before you ask this yourself: You need ca. 161 MB of system partition, so maybe you have to tpt your phone before flashing CM10.

If you don't carry out a tpt anyway I would do a full wipe if I were you.

Guest holborn

I'm currently on the 27/7 version (1st one I installed) and it seems that after X days (random i guess) I cannot turn data back on.

I mean I turn it on either from a widget, through the bar, settings, whatever but I can't connect. And then rebooting is the only option

to get it back working. Anyone else having this?

I'm gonna upgrade to 21/8 though so hopefuly it goes away.

Guest mikeb90

159 MB with some older Gapps 8-).

either way, the rest seems to running fine... So I'd rather not comment, but showing off is always good to do :D.

which gapps packet have you used?

Guest HDuser

Read page 35 and 36.

The ROM runs perfectly for daily use. Take a look at the list of non-working things in the opening post and decide for yourself if it's good enough for you.

I've been running CM10 since half a day now and the battery drain is totally normal.

Before you ask this yourself: You need ca. 161 MB of system partition, so maybe you have to tpt your phone before flashing CM10.

If you don't carry out a tpt anyway I would do a full wipe if I were you.

Got trimming and some other answer, Thank you.

Guest KenBW2

Really pleased the camera is working now - it's the last big thing that made me feel uneasy about using it - thanks KonstaT. In terms of performance - the slight lag when things are clicked etc - is there anything to be done about this in the way we had with ICS? I'm assuming we'd need another official release of the drivers for this to happen, for which I won't hold my breath... That said, performance is still pretty impressive for a 2 year old budget phone!

Guest stevenf1964

"symlink: some symlinks failed" during installation, pls help! :huh:

Also got the same message today trying to install - anyone got a solution (I have had to revert back to CM9 version)

Guest stevenf1964

Also got the same message today trying to install - anyone got a solution (I have had to revert back to CM9 version)

-Solved - just rechecked my layout sizes (was only on 138Mb - resized using v10f layout and retryed CM10 installation has installed without any error message)

Guest Felsch

which gapps packet have you used?

You'll realise I will just answer that with "some older Gapps"(also means I forgot). Other than that, always follow what is in the first post, that is way safer then me showing you to every corner of the phone, only to leave you with a bricked one :). On the other hand, I think I would to do that... but that isn't nice, so just follow the OP. :)

Edited by Felsch

Guest Spider-Vice

using clockworkmod 5.5.0.4+ (mounts and storage -> format /sd-ext)

Will that work for the Blade? Because the latest version for it is 5.0.2.0 and I can't format the sd-ext. Sorry noob here.

Guest Spider-Vice

Thanks, flashed that, but apparently I don't have an sd-ext partition? Even by mounting/formatting it doesn't work, gives an error mounting.

EDIT: Apparently I need to re-partition with CWM, silly me.

Edited by Spider-Vice