Official UK B892 - Gingerbread

Guest Tanner23

Guest Tanner23

With all the talk of ICS on the forums at the minute I'm not sure how many of you are still left on stock B885. For those of you who are, an offical update appears to be availiable:

Settings > About Phone > Online Upgrade > Firmware Upgrade

From the short release notes, all I know is that it upgrades Google applications to version R10. Whatever that means. :P

I'm downloading it now and will update once it's up and running.

Edited by Tanner23

Guest mr_spatel

With all the talk of ICS on the forums at the minute I'm not sure how many of you are still left on stock B885. For those of you who are, an offical update appears to be availiable:

Settings > About Phone > Online Upgrade > Firmware Upgrade

From the short release notes, all I know is that it upgrades Google applications to version R10. Whatever that means. :P

I'm downloading it now and will update once it's up and running.

hi also updating now from 885

Guest Tanner23

Alright it’s up and running. After a short play, the screen alignment issue is gone, and the three capacitive buttons seem to be way more responsive. :)

Edited by Tanner23

Guest mr_spatel

Alright it’s up and running. After a short play, the screen alignment issue is gone, and the three capacitive buttons seem to be way more responsive. :)

mine failed no idea why

Guest mr_spatel

Mine updated without a hitch just like B885. At what point in the update did it fail, any errors?

went to the ota update, verfied etc, checked system then failed error code 7.

will need to run again to get full error.

Guest Prog_Drummer

Will I be able to install this if I'm running Paul's B888 gr1 and atomic mod without loosing settings and without a wipe?

Thanks

Guest t-bon3
Will I be able to install this if I'm running Paul's B888 gr1 and atomic mod without loosing settings and without a wipe?

Thanks

No. Non. Niet. Nien.

Guest Rico_89

Are you kidding me?? LMAO ah man where's jikobutsu at?

Im not installing anything until I know I can root and unlock bootloader.

Just read entire thread and this isn't Official UK ICS.. ?? What the .... :blink:

Edited by Rico_89

Guest onericardo

So, this mean that the google play market issue is already fixed ? Since Huawei released this official update.

Are there any links to download this firmware ? Can I update directly from B888 ?

Edit: Nervermind. It's not ICS lol

Edited by onericardo

Guest mr_spatel

went to the ota update, verfied etc, checked system then failed error code 7.

will need to run again to get full error.

Hi ok I fixed it, unrooted, installed 885 - update over OTA done.

Guest chico2069

To be honest and just leaving here my 2cents... of course any1's free to do what they want... but...

I don't know, apart from wanting to keep the warranty or not feeling comfortable enough to do it, why any1 would want to keep, for example, a vodafone stock rom :)

They're just filled with trash :) And there's more recent versions, there's ICS and with a CWM backup of the stock, u can always revert whenever needed :)

Kind regards

Guest Hogweed

And would someone who has installed this please verify that they can re-root and reinstall CWM. I'm assuming it should be ok as it seems to just be a patch, but would like that confirmed!

Interesting it supposedly fixes the screen misalignment. Suggests it patches low level firmware.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest mr_spatel

Ok so what's different in GB? Can you root etc?

The OS runs alot smoother, the capacitive buttons more responsive, just a nice smooth feel to it. I may not root, uninstall bloatware and wait for official ICS.

Guest Hogweed

The OS runs alot smoother, the capacitive buttons more responsive, just a nice smooth feel to it. I may not root, uninstall bloatware and wait for official ICS.

But could you try and see if it works using the previously documented method? Do you still have CWM after the update or did it flash a new recovery image as well? Edit: So you reinstalled stock B885 first - so no CWM then?

Edited by Hogweed

Guest Rico_89

Thanks a lot .. odd that they did this update now seeing as the entire phone runs super slick under ICS. Maybe UK ICS is further off than we expected.

Guest mr_spatel

But could you try and see if it works using the previously documented method? Do you still have CWM after the update or did it flash a new recovery image as well? Edit: So you reinstalled stock B885 first - so no CWM then?

I just rooted with pauls cool method. no custom recovery or clock work.

Guest Hogweed

Ok so Paul's method flashes a new recovery (then refllashes stock recovery once it has done its work I believe) so even though you haven't installed CWM that must work if you managed to root. Thanks.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest Hogweed

What I'm curious about is if I flash this over B885 stock then restore my current backup of Gr2 via CWM will I still have the screen alignment fixed? (ie did it update something at a low level out of reach of CWM - like the volume fix issue where you needed the official update first). If not then what changed?

Suppose I could just try it but I never like to be the first...

Edited by Hogweed