ICS is Sh*T

Guest putbinoot

Guest putbinoot

Is it just me or is ICS sh*t I went from B888 to B927 and the text looks crap, coming from app drawer back to desktop sometimes lags, browsing seems slow, screen motion is a bit rough when browsing and the camera sucks. All in all coming from B888 which was great this seems crap. For the people who say they like it and it's smooth and fast ect did you do anything else after update to get this result. Any info appreciated although I think I am going back to 888 just hope the udate.app file works and I dont have to jump through the hack downgrade.

Guest maritimesbob

I upgraded to B926, then installed Paul's rom. On both, the fonts are awful in the facebook app and quite often in Dolphin (and perhaps other browsers). It is mainly bold fonts, they almost look like a comic font even though it is supposed to be Roboto on ICS?

I also find it slower, Facebook really slows the phone right down and often when typing an sms or email, I hit a key and a second or two later the font will show in the text box!!!

I never had these problems with Gingerbread and if it wasn't for the fact it looks scarey downgrading then I would.

Guest FrankieADZ

Is it just me or is ICS sh*t I went from B888 to B927 and the text looks crap, coming from app drawer back to desktop sometimes lags, browsing seems slow, screen motion is a bit rough when browsing and the camera sucks. All in all coming from B888 which was great this seems crap. For the people who say they like it and it's smooth and fast ect did you do anything else after update to get this result. Any info appreciated although I think I am going back to 888 just hope the udate.app file works and I dont have to jump through the hack downgrade.

i dunno, i think its alright, i dont expect it to be perfect or anything...if I'd a paid £200+ on my phone i would have but only paying £100 i dont expect the earth.

Although when the custom ROMS appear(such as Tillaz ICS-Atomic) i expect it to be better than plain old stock.

Guest eLJay

Re-edited - just noticed it's out in the next thread. Give me a chance to catch up. Some of us have been at work all day doing real programming.

Okay as I said - I'll await the official update. With official updates the phone only just got B892 and that is not ICS.

Edited by eLJay

Guest timfimjim

OpenGL!

I really do hope that when ICS comes out for UK it has openGL but I highly doubt it.

Really annoying though. I feel a bit cheated! Yeah, I know, 'if you want a fast phone then pay more money' but short cutting won't help their reputation. Not sure if I would get another huawei.

Guest Rico_89

I upgraded to B926, then installed Paul's rom. On both, the fonts are awful in the facebook app and quite often in Dolphin (and perhaps other browsers). It is mainly bold fonts, they almost look like a comic font even though it is supposed to be Roboto on ICS?

I also find it slower, Facebook really slows the phone right down and often when typing an sms or email, I hit a key and a second or two later the font will show in the text box!!!

I never had these problems with Gingerbread and if it wasn't for the fact it looks scarey downgrading then I would.

You guys are having a completely different experience to me. My phone is super smooth and going from the app drawer back to desktop is so slick I do it just because it looks cool (zero lag). Also there is no lag when texting or emailing, not even a little bit. I had a go on a stock G300 running GB today and it was really bad compared ICS. I don't know why you guys are having these issues but hopefully, when the official ICS is released, you will have a better experience..

Guest fr0do

We just need to beg our devs to implement hardware acceleration. All the basic stuff is there I think. We also need the ril stuff from quwi to get full aosp going.

Guest michal.siman

ICS is s***? lol, for me is better than GB :-) everything is quick and nice and i can get more apps now. You cannost say "it is sh*t" if you use unofficial firmware mate, it is not correct! Just wait for official ICS and after upgrade it in your phone, than go to your shop and say "i have this and this and this problem, can you help me" but now you can go ... you know where?

Edited by michal.siman

Guest chico2069

i too have a very smooth experience with my 927 :)

THe only really bad thing about it is the video camera resolution downgrade :) but then, i dont use my video camera that much and i've heard the LG camcorder app solves it :)

Other then that, im one happy ICS costumer :)

Guest unaszplodrmann

unaszplodrmann, you offering your expertise ? Look up ics4g300 and you can join the development team.

Unfortunately not, I can compile and package software - and I guess that in the world of Android this often passes as development - but thats as far as my skills go. I've dabbled in C based languages, but not enough to be useful here and ARM assembly code is completely beyond me...

Guest Maximus9

There are a lot of user saying ICS is slower then GB. The question is, besides "cool" animations, what is ICS improving... ? What I need is speed... I want my phone to be fast, to be able to switch quickly between apps, texts, contacts, maps and these kind of things used in real life day-to-day use. Now, using B888 GB, the speed is good. At the beginning it was even better, but after one month of use it is getting a bit slower.

Guest putbinoot

ICS is s***? lol, for me is better than GB :-) everything is quick and nice and i can get more apps now. You cannost say "it is sh*t" if you use unofficial firmware mate, it is not correct! Just wait for official ICS and after upgrade it in your phone, than go to your shop and say "i have this and this and this problem, can you help me" but now you can go ... you know where?

Hi michal, i know it's unofficial but so was B888 which was what I was on and although I like how some of the aps look on ICS I am sure they could have that feel on GB. I only put ICS on out of curiosity after reading how some people where having difficulty putting it on and as a noob wondered is it really that hard. I would really like to go back to 888 but not sure of the baseband thing, ie can I downgrade that back to a GB level with a GB rom using the hack method. Edited by putbinoot

Guest Davidoff59

improved security, big fixes, improved layout, better looks, alas no UI hw acceleration which is meant to give a whole other level of speed, smoothness and improved battery life as the gpu is more efficient than the cpu

Guest chico2069

LOL yeah... just like asking "why should i switch to Windows 7 when i have Vista?" :)

Edited by chico2069

Guest bladebuddy
LOL yeah... just like asking "why should i switch to Windows 7 when i have Vista?" :)

Exactly windows 95 good/ 98 s***/ 2000 s***/ XP good/ Vista s***/ windows 7 good. But without using these it would be quite difficult to see the progress made. So take a look at android. I am old enough to remember donut and cup cake android OS. Even in modern terms eclair wasn't as good as froyo which isn't as good as Ginger bread( my favorite so far) but ICS is still quite early days with jelly bean around the corner . So to me it's a case of move with the time and let's see what's to come. The Development here will only go forward not back. And when the devs here finish development with ICS. I am sure you will see the benefits.

Edited by bladebuddy

I would upgrade to ics just for the better Google apps alone lol. The YouTube and Gmail apps are far better than gingerbread, and the stock browser with its quick controls certainly does it for me, hell ics even looks better. All that along with supercharger & kickass kernelizer scripts, my g300 is rocking and was worth every penny.

Anyone saying it is s*** and lagy, slow and bad battery is not running the ics I am.

I have two devices here, g300 & OSD. Now my osd is superior to my g300 in every dimension, it blows it out of the water, but the thing is I play with my g300 more now because of the ics, I find it so much better. Using my osd feels like a downgrade now, and that is nothing to do with it being locked down. Obviously the osd is a much better experience performance wise etc, but I really do prefer to use the g300 with ics on it lol.

Edited by Guest

Guest putbinoot

I would upgrade to ics just for the better Google apps alone lol. The YouTube and Gmail apps are far better than gingerbread, and the stock browser with its quick controls certainly does it for me, hell ics even looks better. All that along with supercharger & kickass kernelizer scripts, my g300 is rocking and was worth every penny.

Anyone saying it is s*** and lagy, slow and bad battery is not running the ics I am.

I have two devices here, g300 & OSD. Now my osd is superior to my g300 in every dimension, it blows it out of the water, but the thing is I play with my g300 more now because of the ics, I find it so much better. Using my osd feels like a downgrade now, and that is nothing to do with it being locked down. Obviously the osd is a much better experience performance wise etc, but I really do prefer to use the g300 with ics on it lol.

Yeah I like the new look of the google apps as well maybe the phone will settle down it's now just really the lag sometimes when typing that's annoying anyway to take my mind of it I am of to the post office to pick up my nexus 7. :D :D :D :( :( :( Turned out to be a part for my bike , bugger. Edited by putbinoot

Guest rosco-85

Don't you mean ICS is 'the sh*t'? Just as fast and smooth as GB in my opinion, with the added bonus of looking much nicer.

Plus I had a couple of issues with B888, that have actually been resolved since upgarde to B926/B927.

Guest pelago

I'm interested to know why ICS seems fast for some people and slow(er than GB) for others. There must be some kind of difference in ROMs or settings or tweaks some people have made...