• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,868 posts
Could somebody try to port the Mokee OS onto the g300, as it looks pretty darn good :D . I saw it on the ZTE skate forums and I just pooped myself thinking about it.

Its a gingerbread based rom, not ICS but it does look like a really good rom looks-wise! Heres a link to check it out yourself:

http://www.modaco.co....7-(12/07/2012)

Edited by kyan31, 20 July 2012 - 09:22 AM.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,868 posts
Here are some screenshots!

Attached Files

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
  • Devices:OSD
It is unlikely to happen, the devs here are more interested in ics/jelly bean. If they made a port, how many would really use it with ics available?

unaszplodrmann

unaszplodrmann

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
I almost thought someone had actually managed to port some obscure OS onto an Android device for a second there... Why do people insist on giving repack/skinning jobs grandiose titles? :lol:

Kill the bee... and ultimately... you'll have nothing to spread on your toast — John Shuttleworth

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,868 posts
Yeah, I guess thats true. However, people seem to be having problems with ICS right now, so gingerbread might be adequate until 4.1 JB is released.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,868 posts

I almost thought someone had actually managed to port some obscure OS onto an Android device for a second there... Why do people insist on giving repack/skinning jobs grandiose titles? :lol:

It did have a question mark at the end! :D

unaszplodrmann

unaszplodrmann

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

It did have a question mark at the end! :D

Heh, indeed it did! I am still dreaming that sme existing Android devices might get Tizen in future... Well, I can dream, can't I? ;)

Kill the bee... and ultimately... you'll have nothing to spread on your toast — John Shuttleworth

dragpyre

dragpyre

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Devices:kumquat, grouper
  • Twitter:@dragpyre

Yeah, I guess thats true. However, people seem to be having problems with ICS right now, so gingerbread might be adequate until 4.1 JB is released.

I highly doubt that the G300 will get an official JB update.

Someone might port CM10 onto it though if we're lucky.
I'm still waiting for an ICS ROM with OCing!

Posted Image

If you like one of my posts, or if it helps you out, vote it up! :)

(now updated device list and added twitter. Come stalk me ;) )

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 & 7 running PAC

I'm still waiting for an ICS ROM with OCing!

You might be waiting quite some time as I don't see any kernel devs with a G300. :(

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
  • Devices:OSD

You might be waiting quite some time as I don't see any kernel devs with a G300. :(

I know it is a real bummer man, we had source for time :( I believe Dazzozo was working on OC though, so there is hope yet :)

Peninsula

Peninsula

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300, Nexus 7
Looks like MIUI. Just put MIUI on there and get a skin that looks like Mokee!

unaszplodrmann

unaszplodrmann

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

I highly doubt that the G300 will get an official JB update.

Huawei have stated that the G300 will get a Jelly Bean update. It was announced at the same time as the G330, if I remember correctly. How long that will take is another matter. Either way, it will be quite a while before they release the kernel source for an Android 4.1 ROM.

andy.hyde4

andy.hyde4

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300, Nexus 5

Huawei have stated that the G300 will get a Jelly Bean update. It was announced at the same time as the G330, if I remember correctly. How long that will take is another matter. Either way, it will be quite a while before they release the kernel source for an Android 4.1 ROM.

Yes huawei did indeed state that the g300 along with the honour and other will get official jellybean

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Devices:Crescent, G300, Y300, Nexus 5
  • Twitter:@Dazzozo
Theoretically it shouldn't take too long for the Jelly Bean upgrade, but this is Huawei so...

Might even have OpenGL this time because that's what all the Project Butter stuff is. <_<

Like my work? Give me rep!

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

andy.hyde4

andy.hyde4

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300, Nexus 5

Theoretically it shouldn't take too long for the Jelly Bean upgrade, but this is Huawei so...

Might even have OpenGL this time because that's what all the Project Butter stuff is. <_<

Yes that would be a very good thing for them to finally include

mr_mufy

mr_mufy

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Interests:TICs/Electronics.
    Btt
  • Devices:ZTE - Blade / Huawei G300
I'm from a OSF user, and used this rom, and i can tell to you. My 600mhz of OSF it's more quiker that this 1Ghz of huAWEI.

I'm shore it's the Kernel, so if some one try to port the rom, we have a great surprise abut the performance.

Mr_mufy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users