• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

jevdroid

jevdroid

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
My VEGA unfortunately suffers from a broken screen. It still works fine though. I was thinking to mount it behind my flatscreen TV and hook it up through the HDMI connection. I just need a way to control it though.

Now, I also have an old HTC hero that I can use to control the vega with - all that is needed is software to connect the two. I tried using "tablet remote", but that crashes all the time. There are numerous apps to control a google TV, but those won't talk to my tablet running VegaCream.

So, anyone have the tip for this?

Edited by jevdroid, 20 July 2012 - 09:14 PM.

Daedric1383

Daedric1383

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
XBMC for Android and XBMC remote ?

QLF

QLF

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy SII, Advent Vega
Not fancy a USB mouse / keyboard? Or wireless version with USB BT dongle?

jevdroid

jevdroid

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

XBMC for Android and XBMC remote ?

XBMC for android has not been released yet and won't support TEGRA2 according to the XBMC wiki. Further more, XBMC is a media machine, it won't provide access to other apps (youtube, twitter, imdb, mail, facebook, whatever...).

Not fancy a USB mouse / keyboard? Or wireless version with USB BT dongle?

USB requires wires (not wanted) and interaction to switch it to host if I'm not mistaken - or is there a method to switch it to host at boottime?

Anyway, the vega (or actually, a PoV mobii) has a working bluetooth built-in, that's what I want to use anyway. VegaCream prolly doesn't have the drivers for a bluetooth mouse I assume. My Hero can serve as a bluetooth mouse, but so far I have not been able to get it to work with the tablet.

Edited by jevdroid, 23 July 2012 - 06:59 AM.

danb79

danb79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Devices:advent vega, nexus s
  • Twitter:@na
have you seen these? might help
http://www.ebay.co.u...0#ht_852wt_1396

jevdroid

jevdroid

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Darned. Tried a bluetooth peripheral, but VegaCream doesn't budge. It resets when I switch the BT on or off while wifi enabled and it won't find any remote. Something to look into before continuing I'm afraid...

wasps

wasps

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega; HTC Desire
  • Twitter:@SSWASPS
You can install vnc server on the tablet, and use vnc client on your phone to control it

danb79

danb79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Devices:advent vega, nexus s
  • Twitter:@na
this unit comes with its own dongle so the vega should just see it as a usb kb\mouse this is what happens when i plug in my cheep lidl kb\mouse!

have you seen these? might help
http://www.ebay.co.u...0#ht_852wt_1396

jevdroid

jevdroid

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Is there a VNC server that doesn't (try to) send the screen but instead just accepts input equipment?
@dan: yeah, seen them, but I'm trying to keep it budget neutral, otherwise I might as well get me one of those pocket Android machines and be done with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users