[GUIDE] V6 Supercharger Install – All ROMs – Kill Lag, Increase Speed

Guest Lgdslr

I'd happily give up some speed for ICS over GB. :D

Normally I would agree but with our current mutations of ICS there are two things that don't sit well with me. 1 - No openGL UI hardware acceleration makes a difference. 2 - the bug which switch the internal/external sdcards at random really bugged the crap out of me. Once these two are fixed I will flash back to ICS but until then AtomicMod is doing the job very well. Plus I can use PDroid (which won't run on ICS yet).

That said, this bi*ch is quick. :P

post-923750-0-96159200-1343250510_thumb.

And with a bit of tweaking it looks almost identical to my ICS setup. (Ignore the orange colours, thats a bug in the screenshot app, its actually blue)

post-923750-0-77186000-1343250508_thumb.

Edited by Hpez

Guest Cardie

What am I doing wrong to get around 2600~2700 :( run it 5 times now still barley getting in the high 2600's, no apps running in background, cleared all caches, running pretty quick today for a change but still cant get anywhere near 3000!

On B926 the highest I could get was around 2800. Also, your sdcard read/write speeds count for a lot in this benchmark so a fast sdcard will help a lot. That bench is done with a 16gb class 10.

Guest droiddruid

...running a custom test and unticking sdcard so its not then tested. Makes for an easier comparison between different users by ommitting the variable that is the SDcard :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest godsakes

SuperCharger_Starter_Kit_RC9.zip is no longer available for download... I've downloaded the newer RC12 version but when I run the startmeup script and it tried to install the various components (busybox, su binary, sqlite etc) it keeps saying the files cannot be found...

think it must be to do with the directory prefix "/data/local" is it simply looking for it in the wrong place?

UPDATE:

Solved by manually copying the files to the right place(s) with es file explorer

the busybox files/folder need copying to /data/local

and the files inside the xbin folder needed copying to /system/xbin

Edited by godsakes

"It will also open up the user guide, which you should read if you’re not on a stock ROM. If, on the other hand, you are on a stock ROM, just hop back into Scriptmanager and run /data/99Supercharger.sh

Once again, run it as root and this time you need to hit Boot so that it runs on boot, or it won't work properly."

How do I know when this has run, as this part doesn't seem to work, i found the .sh file but it is in a diff directory, not data.

gives error while running:

sh: /data/v6_supercharger/!fastengibneflush.sh: No such file or directory

Edited by aig

Guest godsakes

got this running now and I benchmark around 2900 on antutu (stock rom with the over the air update, using a class 4 sd card)

I've achieved similar before so whatever improvements aren't really showing in the benchmarks - but the launcher does feel marginally smoother, not loads but every little helps

does anyone know if the battery saving mods on v6 supercharger clashes with juice defender? is it okay to have both running?

Guest timfimjim

Supercharging will not make your phone perform much better in benchmark tests, but you should feel a difference with the UI. I wouldn't use a battery saving app personally. It seems backwards to have another app running all the time to supposedly save battery... If I don't need WiFi then I switch it off etc. (To answer your question no I don't believe the two will clash).

Don't worry about benchmark tests. If it feels faster after supercharging, then enjoy it!

Guest godsakes

Supercharging will not make your phone perform much better in benchmark tests, but you should feel a difference with the UI. I wouldn't use a battery saving app personally. It seems backwards to have another app running all the time to supposedly save battery... If I don't need WiFi then I switch it off etc. (To answer your question no I don't believe the two will clash).

Don't worry about benchmark tests. If it feels faster after supercharging, then enjoy it!

Thanks for your reply, i understand where you're coming from on manually turning things on/off, but I can assure you a computer will always be more reliable than me to remember to do all that, I'll end up not turning things off due to forgetting or laziness

Edited by godsakes

Guest Alexius321

I've got a small problem, the 1st time i ran the startmeup script it worked jsut fine.. until.. let's say half?! dunno where exactly... but the problem now is when i try to run it again it says that the scriptmanager stopped working... what do i do ? any ideas please ? :)

Guest ovecka

That's exactly what was happening to me on every ICS ROM. Errors about superuser.apk not installed (even though it was installed) and then a FC. And I wasn't able to start Script Manager (or encountered a crash when running the superchargerscript) after that as well. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to fix it so I am back on a Supercharged AtomicMod. :(

Edited by ovecka

Which ROM? If you are using infusion then be sure to install superuser or supersu from play first because script manager doesn't like the 'straight through' su method that tillaz uses. If you make sure you install that first it should work fine... works for me at least.

Guest droiddruid

I've got a small problem, the 1st time i ran the startmeup script it worked jsut fine.. until.. let's say half?! dunno where exactly... but the problem now is when i try to run it again it says that the scriptmanager stopped working... what do i do ? any ideas please ? :)

Try uninstall and reinstall scriptmanager. I had a lot of FC's in various apps after startmeup script ran its zipalign processes. Reinstalling FC'ing apps fixed any issues I was having.

Guest ovecka

I finally managed to solve the mystery. The Infusion ROM should come prerooted, but when you try to install Superuser or superSU from Google Play, they don't recognize the root. You have to re-root your phone with the unlockbootloader.exe. That did the trick for me and I am now supercharged on ICS Infusion. I can finally fully compare it to AtomicMod. :)

Guest canji1212

cant install Starter Kit... tried in Terminal(with su)..., with ScriptMenager and he wrote test:Not Found...and when he start to install he just wrote "can't install" that and tho'se files... Any help?

Edited by canji1212

Guest godsakes

cant install Starter Kit... tried in Terminal(with su)..., with ScriptMenager and he wrote test:Not Found...and when he start to install he just wrote "can't install" that and tho'se files... Any help?

see my post