Faulty Screen or possible overheating

Guest nananini

Guest nananini

Bought a brand new Huawei G300 the other day - my first dip into the world of smartphones. I'm sending it back today as there is a fault with the screen and I'd be interested if anyone else has experienced the same issue.

The attached photo shows the problem, which only occurs after the phone has been in my jean pocket for about 10 minutes. If I then leave the phone out of my pocket for another 10 minutes or so, the problem goes away all by itself. The screen is not cracked, chipped or deformed in anyway and the device works ok.

I've asked for a replacement phone, but am concerned the new one will do just the same. Any thoughts or similar experiences from anyone?

post-987544-0-77440800-1343117585_thumb.

Guest Alkafer

Perhaps the new phone don't do it. For what it's worth, I work four hours at day with the phone in my pocket listening to music, and never occur that. I think it only occur on some phones.

See you!

Guest kyan31

Many people are having this problem, and there is a whole topic about it. Just follow Jikobutsu's link! Some people think it's the LCD touching the glass/digitalizer of the phone. It seems to be a faulty batch that huawei have released :(.

I havent had this problem, or any with my G300! I guess i'm one of the lucky ones!

Guest nananini

Thank you all for your replies, especially jikobutsu for the link above. Fingers crossed that a replacement phone doesn't suffer from the same issue when it arrives.

I'll keep you posted. Cheers :-)

Guest nananini

Ended up being refunded by Play.com as they had no more in stock. New G300 arrived today. Bought it from Vodafone online. So far so good.

Have tested having phone in my pocket and, as yet, the screen issue hasn't reared its ugly head.

Keeping everything crossed.