Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Devices:Crescent, G300, Y300, Nexus 5
  • Twitter:@Dazzozo
Gingerbread is totally different and OpenGL is irrelevant there.

Like my work? Give me rep!

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

unaszplodrmann

unaszplodrmann

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

Gingerbread is totally different and OpenGL is irrelevant there.

OpenGL was still used for accelerated window compositing etc. in earlier increments of Android, no? :P :rolleyes:

Kill the bee... and ultimately... you'll have nothing to spread on your toast — John Shuttleworth

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Devices:Crescent, G300, Y300, Nexus 5
  • Twitter:@Dazzozo
Sometimes. I didn't say otherwise, though.

It seems in this forum when we refer to "OpenGL" we are actually referring to "UI acceleration".

Like my work? Give me rep!

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

unaszplodrmann

unaszplodrmann

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Sometimes. I didn't say otherwise, though.

Sure.

It seems in this forum when we refer to "OpenGL" we are actually referring to "UI acceleration".

Mhm. How times have changed; OpenGL is no longer just the thingy that makes Quake 3 work ^_^

Kill the bee... and ultimately... you'll have nothing to spread on your toast — John Shuttleworth

Rico_89

Rico_89

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300, Vowney V5.
  • Twitter:@Rico_89_

What would clearing dalvik do? It will just regenerate the same cache.

I noticed a slight lag, after using B927 for about a week, so I checked my quadrant scores and sure enough they had dropped a little. I then tried a few things and clearing the delvik cache worked for me. In my search for a solution I came across this on the xda forums.

.... although the Dalvik VM regenerates Dalvik Cache when deleted. It does not remove unneeded .dex files, so regular wiping of the Dalvik Cache can be used to free up wasted space on /data/ partition.

... I have no clue if this was relevant to my problem or not but it work for me.

dragpyre

dragpyre

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Devices:kumquat, grouper
  • Twitter:@dragpyre

""""""""""""2"James wrote:

Hi All,

Thanks for your posts.

I was not being deliberately obtuse surrounding the subject however the plain and simply truth is that when it comes to features of firmware we are not given visibility of a great deal of information until the firmware is released to the public."

Yes you are, you and Huawei have most/all the information surrounding the firmware.

Once this is done we then have a feedback loop where any issues can be raised via our devices teams for testing and to the manufacturer for updating.

How about fixing it beforehand so that we don't have to wait for ANOTHER update? Since the phone's release, its had two updates. Two updates in the space of less than 6 months really means you need to get your act together and test firmware PROPERLY before release. Developers on Modaco are making Vodafone look like a joke.

Also were we do have some information, it can not be given out to our customers as it is classed as company sensitive information and such I am not allowed to divulge this information to people.

*where (proof read your work please). Also, company sensitive? A KEY FEATURE THAT IS PART OF OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE (I.E. ANDROID) IS NOT A COMPANY SECRET. ICS was praised for intoducing the OpenGL 2D Acceleration, especially for its UI. It is a very basic feature.What would you rather, saying you'll put it in, or face the massive revolt when we find out for ourselves its not? You can see it on our and your forums, and we aren't going anywhere till we get answers.

When it comes to a firmware being tested this is done by our devices team who will test specific functions on the device and if there are problems it will fail our technical acceptance and be sent back to the manufacturer to be addressed, unfortunately we have no way of telling the devices team what to test and as mentioned above we will need to wait for any software to be released before an issue can be passed back for investigation.

Test if it has a stock ICS (not Huawei) Camera app. If it does, with panorama and with face morphing etc, then the feature is present. If it doesn't, tell Huawei or your team to sort it out.

However, as the release has yet to become live everything is pure speculation as this may have already been addressed.

James

http://translate.goo...&eotf=1&u=ht...

Go download the ROM yourself, and try the Camera app. It is not a stock ICS Camera, it is a Huawei built app with little or no OpenGL Acceleration. We are not speculating anything. We are stating the facts, facts brought to light by a team of excellent developers. What we are doing, is telling you to tell your device team to tell Huawei that consumers within the United Kingdom and all over the world want and need this very basic feature to be enabled either by yourselves or Huawei. It's simple as that. The fact that you are being obtuse, no matter how much you deny it, is what is angering your customers, and owners of this mobile device. It is one question. It's not as if we are demanding the source code of propriatary software. We are making clear to you our right to a feature of OPEN SOURCE software."""""""""""""

Can you tell I'm angry yet?

Edited by dragpyre, 28 July 2012 - 05:52 PM.

Posted Image

If you like one of my posts, or if it helps you out, vote it up! :)

(now updated device list and added twitter. Come stalk me ;) )

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco, G300
Don't get angry or the thread will get locked. Take the fight to them with knowledge and debate.

More people need to join the cause. If you have a G300, this will benefit you as well as future Rom development. We won't get a better opportunity to get this implemented and you can already see Vodafone actively making excuses in real time.

Speak now or forever be condemned to shitty Vodafone roms.

unaszplodrmann

unaszplodrmann

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
Nah, it looks like they're not willing to touch the issue, but who knows, maybe they'll look into it whilst also being careful not to even acknowledge that they are aware of the issue. We can but hope :lol:

dragpyre

dragpyre

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
Just been on my twitter:

Posted Image

Posted Image

tcpaulh

tcpaulh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, Huawei G300, ZTE Blade
  • Twitter:@tcpaulh
Posted Image

Edited by tcpaulh, 01 August 2012 - 09:03 AM.

How To Provide Error Logs

There's a problem on KitKat with text wrap / reflow not working. Issue raised here. Please Star and Reply if you think it's a stupid regression

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
tcpaul, I was just going to post a similar reply that I received.

unaszplodrmann

unaszplodrmann

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
"Google has rejected Vodafone's ICS submission for the G300 and Vodafone has in turn referred the problem of broken UI acceleration back to us."

The ICS update has been delayed, despite Vodafone's now premature announcement... Or some I imagine ;)

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
can you link to that please?

unaszplodrmann

unaszplodrmann

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

can you link to that please?

Or some I imagine ;)

As if their PR guys would admit to something like that! :D That doesn't mean it's not a likely possibity; larger corners have been known to be cut by Chinese firms, both large and small... They love it.

tcpaulh

tcpaulh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, Huawei G300, ZTE Blade
  • Twitter:@tcpaulh
Bah, i thought you were serious

Edited by tcpaulh, 01 August 2012 - 05:10 PM.

How To Provide Error Logs

There's a problem on KitKat with text wrap / reflow not working. Issue raised here. Please Star and Reply if you think it's a stupid regression

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
Lol that would have meant some gloating to James.

unaszplodrmann

unaszplodrmann

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Lol that would have meant some gloating to James.

James on the Vodafone forums? I've discovered his real identity; he is actually a phantom generated by the Dev::Bollocks perl module - http://search.cpan.o...Dev/Bollocks.pm

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
lol that's the one

unaszplodrmann

unaszplodrmann

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Our Devices teams do perform extensive testing before a ROM can be approved for release and passed back to the manufacturer and as such their should be no need for issues to be raised however, with anything you can never test every possibility and scenario with a firmware as you would probably be there for years and as such with any network and manufacturer you will sometimes find things in the firmware that are different from previous releases which can be addressed for you.

:blink: :huh:

Trying to read back his posts in my head was like trying to read legal disclaimers, but far more entertaining. Breath James, breeeath.

Edited by unaszplodrmann, 01 August 2012 - 11:41 PM.

dragpyre

dragpyre

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

When we release a any firmware it is the full version so there is nothing to worry about when it comes to this as it is not a beta version which is why it goes through the testing by our devices teams before release.As mentioned before, there is nothing further that can be added to this discussion until the firmware is released as to do so would be simply speculating about what could be and we can never give any specifics regarding releases.

I want a copy of the textbook he's reading from.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users