4 replies to this topic

koper1

koper1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:GT2, One S
Dear all,
first please forgive me for this post, I know it was probably talked a few times here already, but I am a bit of a newbie in rooting Android, last time I played with custom ROMs was with HTC Diamond. And also for my maybe a bit strange english.

I would be thankful, if someone can point me to the right direction.
The situation is - I have One S (Z520e) from T-mob DE, althoug living in a different part of Europe.
Build nr. 1.77.111.5 CL57593, with kernel 3.0.8-01133-gc80ec91.

What I'd like to achieve at the end is debranding for a regular stack version of European HTC ROM (WWE?), with working OTA, no need for permanent root, can be locked after done. So guess I will need to root it first, change the CID, flash the propper HTC ROM, than unroot (lock) it back.
Is there any tutorial as what software do I need (on Win 7 64) where to get it, and somehow step by step instructions?

Thank You

clivec

clivec

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Interests:Phones, Amateur Radio, General Techy stuff.
  • Devices:HTC one X, Nexus S
  • Twitter:@clivectmob
I had the same situation yesterday with my one S, I bought one second hand and although it had been unlocked, it had branded T-Mobile software on it. There doesn't appear to be any way to debrand currently, so for now i have rooted it, installed cwm recovery and installed paul's ROM off here. It is worth upgrading the radio to the latest too, as the one I had on mine was awful, very random data connection.

I recommend going down this route to debrand for the time being. I was very dissapointed with this phone to start with but now I am very happy with it.

There is no spoon...

koper1

koper1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
OK, my CID is T-MOB101. So there is now no way yet to change it for stock HTC European ROM and still getting the regular OTA? Or at least to get my APNs recognized?

clivec

clivec

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Interests:Phones, Amateur Radio, General Techy stuff.
  • Devices:HTC one X, Nexus S
  • Twitter:@clivectmob
Have a look here, this is the solution you've been looking for.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1674202

There is no spoon...

koper1

koper1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Have a look here, this is the solution you've been looking for.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1674202

Thanks. I did follow this thread and it's done. Just unlock bootloader, rooted, change the CID to HTC__001 and run this stock 1.78 ruu. All clean and neat, just, as a few people note already, the czech lang. is missing, but that doesn't bother me, until I decide to sell it around here. However, does someone know about a different ROM with that cz language?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users