[ROM] MokeeOS v1.10 - CM7.2 - Android 2.3.7 (08/08/2012)

Guest C3C0

This is my version of MoKeeOS ROM - based on CyanogenMod 7.2 (Android 2.3.7)

This ROM was put in a separate new thread on Blade users' request since the original one

got messy with all the updates scattered over the whole thread making it complicated to use.

My initial version includes all the previous patches I've done that deal with the known issues.

Previous thread can be found here: http://www.modaco.co...-updated-to-v2/

ROM comes with google apps already preinstalled so there is no need to flash them separately.

Check the second post for change log and potential hotfixes

Requirements

- system partition size: at least 150MB

- cache partition size: doesn't matter

Download: http://tinyw.in/s7Bw

Installation instructions - fresh install with data wipe (see below for upgrade from previous 1.10)

- put rom ZIP and hotfix ZIPs if any (2nd post) to SD card

- reboot to ClockworkMod Recovery

- make a backup of your current rom using menu: Backup & Restore / Backup

- wipe data / factory reset

- advanced / wipe dalvik cache

- mounts & storage / format system

- install zip from sd card - choose to install rom ZIP and all hotfix ZIPs downloaded from the 2nd post

- reboot

Upgrade from previous 1.10 build - without data wipe / factory reset

This approach will maintain all of your installed applications.

In some cases there might be problems especially when using apps for linking

applications to SD ext partition (S2E, etc, Link2SD is OK, see the last step)

So if you are having any problems perform full wipe and install apps again.

If you experience undesired behaviour like bootloops or applications force closing go for fresh install with all wipes.

- put rom ZIP SD card

- reboot to ClockworkMod Recovery

- make a backup of your current rom using menu: Backup & Restore / Backup

- wipe cache

- advanced / wipe dalvik cache

- mounts & storage / format system

- install zip from sd card - choose to install rom

- reboot

- if using Link2SD - launch it and choose to recreate mount script, reboot

Thanks go to CM team, mfunz.com (Mokeetek) for creating such a perfect ROM, tilal6991 for providing the device config and all devs contributing to android community.

Special thanks go to Shiv Prajapati, Bruja and mckc001 for being my testers since I don't own Blade.

Edited by C3C0

Updates and Hotfixes

- none at the moment

Mods and Addons

1) LauncherPro instead of MokeeLauncher: http://tinyw.in/3mqg ( do not use if using themes!!! )

2) "White" messagging app:http://tinyw.in/9wdG

3) Center clock mod: http://tinyw.in/E5DI

Flash mods in CWM, wipe cache, advanced / wipe dalvik cache, reboot

Themes

I collected the set of 17 themes that seem to be working without stability issues.

It's impossible for me to test every aspect of each theme so problems shoud be expected.

Be aware that they are not perfect and visual glitches like dark text on dark background, etc, should be expected (prepare for FCs, too...)

Use default Mokee launcher when using themes. Other alternative launchers (LauncherPro, ...) may not work at all!!! You have been warned.

Next thing: If you are having stability issues or you think you've found a ROM bug; before you post it here; switch to default system theme first and try

to reproduce the bug with the default theme set. I will not take care of any bugs that might be related to other theme than system one!!!

All those that require "perfect" theming should rather go for vanilla CM7.

Link for theme package: http://tinyw.in/l2Hq (unzip and install as normal APKs using any file manager)

Changelogs

Changelog 08/08/12

- synced with the latest version released by Mokee devs (05/08/12)

- nothing special new - mainly bug fixes

- all of my previous hotfixes integrated. Including:

--- S2E compatibility fix

--- CPU Spy compatibility fix

--- kernel by archish

- some unnecessary libs removed (cleanup)

- Theme support is back - see "Themes" section above for more info

- possible to upgrade from previous 1.10 without performing data wipe

Changelog 29/07/12 - Initial release

- removed Chinese bloatware

- replaced Chinese keyboard by LatinIME

- added missing languages

- fixed English translations in SystemUI

- reorganized Settings

- added missing CM Settings

- removed Lockscreen settings from CM settings since they are irrelevant for Mokee lockscreen

- fixed S2E compatibility issues

- SD readahead set to 2MB by default

- added missing download cache redirection if cache partition too small

- UI transitions improved

- updated Adreno libraries

- ported battery % indicator from MoKeeOS v0.3

- Settings / System updates modified to be linked to my Goo.IM (GooManager support)

- enabled Tablet tweaks - status bar softbutons

- ThemeManager disabled so people don't accidentaly mess up the system by installing themes

- default Android Live Wallpapers removed so the system fits on 150MB partition

- updated Play Store

- other small cosmetic changes

Edited by C3C0

Guest Bruja

As I've been a test-user for this ROM I can't see any battery drain.

On normal use (Wifi, web browser. some facebook, music) I still have alot left on my battery

The ROM drains faster if using facebook but it's not a ROM issue, it's the Facebook app.

Guest nitinkumar

hmmm.... i have installed the rom from

http://www.modaco.com/topic/354511-romportgen226-may-mokee-os-for-blade-updated-to-v2/

and browsing net for 1 hour makes me down from 99% to 35%-40%.....and playing music or video drains it even similarly..... dont u facing this issue..... thats y now installed LEZO rom 1.7.27 and it gives nice battery backup.......

plzzz help.!!

Guest mckc001

I have been testing C3C0's test build and so far the only issue I have found is that the notifications/toggle draw appear blank.

This has happened twice in 24hrs. Fix = long press back key until it is killed.

It occurred after a couple of hours use by a young nephew who is quite into his gaming. The second was switching back from airplane mode. Not a big deal.

Battery life is very good - most of my use has been navigation, browsing and a bit of gaming. (and even some calls/txts)

I have tried virtually every ROM for the Blade - Mokee so far, is one of the better ones!

Thanks to the dev's and especially C3C0 for bringing to the Blade!

I'll report more later.

Guest Shiv Prajapati

C3C0 kindly add the burstlam patch to work camera in chinese blades...you can find the link on previous mokee thread in the second post. Nice to see a new active thread of mokee. Btw I am still on test build so any necessity to flash this update? Pls confirm

Guest archish

Rom is good, Battery life is same any any other GB Rom. I will probably use this rom if I decide to stick with GB :D

thanks C3CO

Minor issue is cpuspy cannot ready any cpu state info.

@Shiv, you can try my kernel for the camera fix, the performance and battery life should be better as well. make backup before flashing.

Edited by archish

Rom is good, Battery life is same any any other GB Rom. I will probably use this rom if I decide to stick with GB :D

thanks C3CO

@Shiv, you can try my kernel for the camera fix, the performance and battery life should be better as well. make backup before flashing.

Are you using it with your own kernel?

Guest gustavo104

thanks C3CO

All fully working with this kernel? (wifi, etc)

Guest mckc001

thanks C3CO

yeah i forgot to mention - cpu spy cannot detect state!

Guest diogomatos

Is there any way to make backup off my messages on Konstakang to recover in this one?

Aswell as all the other things like accounts and WIFI connections...

Edited by diogomatos

Guest matcho13579
Is there any way to make backup off my messages on Konstakang to recover in this one?

Aswell as all the other things like accounts and WIFI connections...

SMS Backup+ is much more better imo

Busybox is there. If it wasn't, s2e wouldn't work. Could be that mokee dev's omitted some symlinks in updater script or they are in a wrong place. That was one of the reasons why s2e didn't work previously.

Edited by C3C0

Guest Shiv Prajapati

thanks C3CO

Thnx buddy for the info but I have solved that issue with the burstlam's patch.however that was a suggestion to OP to add the same in the first or second post. However you can contact C3C0 to add your kernel in the OP for working camera in chinese blades. :-)

Edited by Shiv Prajapati

CPU Spy: it says that cpu states file is not readable. I checked via adb shell and it is readable so I don't understand why cpuspy can't read it...

# pwd

pwd

/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats

# ls -la

ls -la

drw-rw-r--	2 0		1000			 0 Jul 30 03:36 .

drwxr-xr-x	4 0		0				0 Jul 30 03:35 ..

-r--r--r--	1 0		0			 4096 Jul 30 05:43 time_in_state

-r--r--r--	1 0		0			 4096 Jul 30 05:43 total_trans

-r--r--r--	1 0		0			 4096 Jul 30 05:43 trans_table

EDIT: now I know why. That's because the stats dir has no exec permissions.

When I do chmod 755 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats CPU Spy starts to work.

EDIT2: I found what script changes the permissions. Will do a hotfix.

Edited by C3C0