Help with Voicemail with ICS B927

Guest dreamypuma

Guest dreamypuma

Hi

This is probably a real noob question so appologies in advance.

I've just installed B927, thank to this forum, and I'm now struggling to adjust the voicemail number. It's defaulted to 121. I have read earlier threads on this same subject, but I can't fathom them out how to resolve the issue. I can't find the path to the file identified in the earlier threads.

Any chance anyone could provide a noobs step by step guide on how to resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Guest Fabrizioso

- open dialler

- press the menu button, press Settings

- press Voicemail settings and enter your voicemail number in the dialogue.

post-908452-13436816701409_thumb.jpg

Does this work for you?

Guest kashmiri

It looks the phone is pulling the Voicemail number from SIM. Not sure you can override this - just put in another SIM.

With a T-mobile SIM, mine shows that full T-mobile VM number, and I am sure I did not input it.

Guest dreamypuma

- open dialler

- press the menu button, press Settings

- press Voicemail settings and enter your voicemail number in the dialogue.

post-908452-13436816701409_thumb.jpg

Does this work for you?

Hi

Thanks for your response. This is what I tried, but this does not work.

I get the following message:

Call settings error:

Voicemail number change unsuccessful. Please contact your operator if this problem persists.

I've read about the issue on this forum before (http://www.modaco.co...-d/page__st__20)

but don't quite understand how to implement the solution. I can't find the paths referred to on my phone, but suspect there is more involved than the thread advises.

I would try another sim, but the handset is locked and I am using this on an Ovivo SIM (which doesn't require the Vodafone lock to be removed)

The default Voicemail number that I am trying to change is 121. I would like to change this to 265 which is the number for Ovivo Mobile.

:huh:

Edited by dreamypuma

Guest kashmiri

Is your phone SIM-locked or unlocked?

I have B927, phone is now rooted, I am able to edit and save VM number.

Try rooting and if this doesn't help then perhaps wipe everything and reinstall...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dreamypuma

Is your phone SIM-locked or unlocked?

I have B927, phone is now rooted, I am able to edit and save VM number.

Try rooting and if this doesn't help then perhaps wipe everything and reinstall...

Hi sorry for the delay in responding. I upgraded before unlocking. So this may be the issue.

Now that I am unlocked, I will hopefully be flashing the phone again tonight to the latest stock rom