• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Interests:TESTING ANDROID MOBILES TO THE LIMIT
    ALWAYS READY TO TRY OUT ANY ROM AND MOBILE TO THE LIMIT
  • Devices:SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB2 & S1 8GB
  • Twitter:@none
spotted on www.unwiredview
www.unwiredview.com/2012/07/10/huawei-ascend-g330-uncovered-its-a-dual-core-ics-midranger/

Huawei Ascend G330 uncovered, it’s a dual-core ICS midranger

Posted Image By Vlad Bobleanta on 10 Jul 12
The Ascend Y 200T isn’t the only new [color=#a10909 !important][color=#a10909 !important]Huawei[/color][/color] smartphone that recently got certified by the relevant Chinese authorities. In fact, it’s joined by the Ascend G330 (model number U8825D), which sounds like it may be the successor to the Ascend G300 that’s already available in some territories.
Spec-wise, few things have changed compared to the G300, but those that have are quite important. First off, the G330 has a 1 GHz dual-core processor. That’s one core more than its predecessor. Next up, the new device runs Android 4.0 [color="#a10909"][color=#a10909 !important][color=#a10909 !important]Ice [/color][color=#a10909 !important]Cream [/color][color=#a10909 !important]Sandwich[/color][/color][/color], as opposed to the older handset that’s still stuck on Android 2.3 [color="#a10909"][color=#a10909 !important][color=#a10909 !important]Gingerbread[/color][/color][/color] (though an update to ICS is in the works).

http://www.unwiredvi...-ics-midranger/

The Huawei Ascend G330 also has a 4-inch 480×800 [color="#a10909"][color=#a10909 !important][color=#a10909 !important]touchscreen[/color][/color][/color], a 5 MP rear camera, a 0.3 MP front-facing [color="#a10909"][color=#a10909 !important][color=#a10909 !important]camera[/color][/color][/color], 512 MB of RAM, 4 GB of built-in storage space, all the usual connectivity options, and a 1,500 mAh [color="#a10909"][color=#a10909 !important][color=#a10909 !important]battery[/color][/color][/color].
All in all not a huge update from the G300, but a welcome one nevertheless. The Huawei Ascend G330 has HSPA support, so it could be launched in China by [color="#a10909"][color=#a10909 !important][color=#a10909 !important]China[/color][/color][/color] Unicom. There’s also another version of this smartphone in the works for [color="#a10909"][color=#a10909 !important][color=#a10909 !important]CDMA[/color][/color][/color] networks such as China Telecom.

I would certainly take one off these if the price is good.
could be the new version is coming soon

and its dual core .

Attached Files

Edited by wrtease, 06 August 2012 - 01:48 PM.

FrankieADZ

FrankieADZ

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
wonder if this will ever hit the UK market...

wrtease

wrtease

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Interests:TESTING ANDROID MOBILES TO THE LIMIT
    ALWAYS READY TO TRY OUT ANY ROM AND MOBILE TO THE LIMIT
  • Devices:SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB2 & S1 8GB
  • Twitter:@none
i will buy it if it does .

timfimjim

timfimjim

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend g300, Nexus 7
dunno. after all this ICS update stuff I'm seriously re-considering Huawei as a brand. They have a lot to learn

ScutulatusCrotalus

ScutulatusCrotalus

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
I won't buy it. The last thing I have ever bought from any Android vendor that makes phones with a lot of crap on it without almost immediate updates to latest Android, is Huawei G300. My next Android will be a smartphone from Nexus family.

dragpyre

dragpyre

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Devices:kumquat, grouper
  • Twitter:@dragpyre

spotted on www.unwiredview
www.unwiredview.com/2012/07/10/huawei-ascend-g330-uncovered-its-a-dual-core-ics-midranger/

Huawei Ascend G330 uncovered, it’s a dual-core ICS midranger

Posted Image By Vlad Bobleanta on 10 Jul 12
The Ascend Y 200T isn’t the only new [color=#a10909 !important][color=#a10909 !important]Huawei[/color][/color] smartphone that recently got certified by the relevant Chinese authorities. In fact, it’s joined by the Ascend G330 (model number U8825D), which sounds like it may be the successor to the Ascend G300 that’s already available in some territories.
Spec-wise, few things have changed compared to the G300, but those that have are quite important. First off, the G330 has a 1 GHz dual-core processor. That’s one core more than its predecessor. Next up, the new device runs Android 4.0 [color="#a10909"][color=#a10909 !important][color=#a10909 !important]Ice [/color][color=#a10909 !important]Cream [/color][color=#a10909 !important]Sandwich[/color][/color][/color], as opposed to the older handset that’s still stuck on Android 2.3 [color="#a10909"][color=#a10909 !important][color=#a10909 !important]Gingerbread[/color][/color][/color] (though an update to ICS is in the works).

http://www.unwiredvi...-ics-midranger/

The Huawei Ascend G330 also has a 4-inch 480×800 [color="#a10909"][color=#a10909 !important][color=#a10909 !important]touchscreen[/color][/color][/color], a 5 MP rear camera, a 0.3 MP front-facing [color="#a10909"][color=#a10909 !important][color=#a10909 !important]camera[/color][/color][/color], 512 MB of RAM, 4 GB of built-in storage space, all the usual connectivity options, and a 1,500 mAh [color="#a10909"][color=#a10909 !important][color=#a10909 !important]battery[/color][/color][/color].
All in all not a huge update from the G300, but a welcome one nevertheless. The Huawei Ascend G330 has HSPA support, so it could be launched in China by [color="#a10909"][color=#a10909 !important][color=#a10909 !important]China[/color][/color][/color] Unicom. There’s also another version of this smartphone in the works for [color="#a10909"][color=#a10909 !important][color=#a10909 !important]CDMA[/color][/color][/color] networks such as China Telecom.

I would certainly take one off these if the price is good.
could be the new version is coming soon

and its dual core .

So its trying to challenge the Xperia U? Because aside from a larger screen with a low resolution *vomits*, the specs are the same.
The Galaxy Ace II is a similar spec also.

If Huawei have any hope of shifting this, they'll need to;

A: Get started on Jelly Bean right away for it
B: Price point should be not much more than the G300 (£115-£125 maybe)
C: Not release it on Vodafone (maybe O2 or Tmobile/Orange)

There's my two British pennies.

Posted Image

If you like one of my posts, or if it helps you out, vote it up! :)

(now updated device list and added twitter. Come stalk me ;) )

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco, G300
Trying to compete against the zte grand x more likely. Are they competitors or copycats

Peninsula

Peninsula

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300, Nexus 7
512MB RAM is too low - I find my G300 stuttering when I try to run some apps without first clearing RAM. The auto RAM freeing aspect of ICS just doesn't seem to work.

Also they should have upped the resolution - 480 x 800 is so 2011 :)

MrPuddington

MrPuddington

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Devices:Android

A: Get started on Jelly Bean right away for it

I hope that once an ICS kernel is released, it should not be difficult to "mod" Jelly Bean onto it. With Sony you do not get that opportunity.

Of course Nexus is the way to go, but it is also a lot more expensive.

dragpyre

dragpyre

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Devices:kumquat, grouper
  • Twitter:@dragpyre

I hope that once an ICS kernel is released, it should not be difficult to "mod" Jelly Bean onto it. With Sony you do not get that opportunity.

Of course Nexus is the way to go, but it is also a lot more expensive.

We cannot assume that all Android owners are custom romming power users. We have to think of the average consumer.

Regarding Sony:

http://www.android.g...-gin2jellybean/

I thank you.

Posted Image

If you like one of my posts, or if it helps you out, vote it up! :)

(now updated device list and added twitter. Come stalk me ;) )

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco, G300
ics kernel out already for ics Chinese rom but of course there are features missing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users