PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,350 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
The Orange San Diego, the first device in the UK to launch with the Intel Medfield x86 chipset, is now reduced to £179.99 (+£10 topup). To sweeten the deal even further, Quidco are offering £45 cashback on all Orange PAYG handsets over £140 for the next 2 days!

Although the San Diego is still waiting for third party SIM unlocks (note however that T-Mobile UK SIMs work out of the box) and a root solution, at the price point the handset is a great buy if these things aren't important to you!

To buy, head on over to Quidco first then click through to Orange to get your £45 cashback.

We have a bustling San Diego community at http://SanDiego.MoDaCo.com - come join in! :)

Click here to view the item

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

The Soup Thief

The Soup Thief

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5 (N4 etc retired)
  • Twitter:@TheSoupThief
That's pretty good going.
They were doing £60 cashback through Quidco at the end of of June (bringing it down from £200 to £140, plus the £10 top up). With the price reduction this makes it a fiver cheaper than that.
Not bad at all, though with a sim unlock and root solution it would be a steal!

eLJay

eLJay

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate (Orange Monte Carlo)
My opinion on this is - avoid like the plague. No Sim or Root unlocks means your tied to their software and Orange/TMobile even if the signal is bad in the area. Rather buy a G300 - and I did!

The Soup Thief

The Soup Thief

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5 (N4 etc retired)
  • Twitter:@TheSoupThief
@eLJay That's a view. Myself, I've held off buying it until it gets rooted and sim-unlocked, though my brother's a long-time T-mobile user and is really happy with it (coming from the Blade). For most punters, unconcerned with flashing new firmware, I don't think there's anything that can touch it for £135 + £10 topup. An ICS update is on the way too...

tilal6991

tilal6991

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, Huawei U8150
Agree completely eLjay. Especially since its unlikely that CM ROMs are going to be easy to make for it...

If you like my work or if I helped, click the Plus button.

lukeuser

lukeuser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
You could always use those things that you put the sim into before putting it into the phone, which makes the phone work on a different network without needing to unlock it. You can get them on eBay cheaply.

But don't use O2. Their customer service is rubbish, I sent a galaxy nexus for repair and they replaced it with a galaxy W, which isn't worth half the price of a gNex. And they haven't got back to me yet about getting a better replacement (they said they would call be on Thursday).

WhoAreWe

WhoAreWe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Technology (sorry ladies)
  • Devices:Sony Erricson W810i & ARC S
Omg, is this deal over? Those muppets at hotdeals were asleep! Please tell me i didnt miss on the chance to buy this phone for £140,

ukarman

ukarman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
You can still get this deal. Quidco have reduced their cashback to £30. However, TCB are giving £45.45 cashback on any Orange PAYG Handset over £140. Cashback offer ends in 5 days.

This deal is on HotUKDeals, but it hasn't generated much heat......

http://www.hotukdeal...-quidco-1284566

WhoAreWe

WhoAreWe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Technology (sorry ladies)
  • Devices:Sony Erricson W810i & ARC S
Cheers ukarman. Based on their comments perhaps having no heat had isomething to do with the phone being locked down with no rooting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users