- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

whashnez

whashnez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
If I have opened my Skate to clean the dust under the screen have I lost the warranty?

Josh92

Josh92

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate

If I have opened my Skate to clean the dust under the screen have I lost the warranty?

Most likely. Sent mine off partly for that reason, whoever it was (don't think it was ZTE) did a pretty shoddy job of it. Have you actually done it?

Currently Running: ColdFusionX 2 - Jelly Bean (16/07/12 build) Alt: Mokee v1.10

razzmataz1478

razzmataz1478

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts
  • Interests:Flashing ROMs, Being distracted by my skate

As long as the white sticker in the top right corner screw is there your warranty's good I think.

Posted Image

Current Phone:

Xperia T

Previous Phones:

Orange Monte Carlo

Nokia 5530 XpressMusic (Nokia C6-00 CFW)

Sony Ericsson v640i

Nokia 3120

Various other Nokia phones.

Not the best history of phones Posted Image

whashnez

whashnez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
Damn it I thought there was a screw under it. I put it back....They will realize, don't they?

crnadakm

crnadakm

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Interests:Women
  • Devices:LG Nexus 4

Damn it I thought there was a screw under it. I put it back....They will realize, don't they?

Give it a try...

epicbattle wallpaper

trueno2k

trueno2k

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Devices:SGS3 I9300 + OMC/ZTE Skate

As long as the white sticker in the top right corner screw is there your warranty's good I think.

Damn, mine fell out a few months back and I lost it some how sometime after putting it back in the screw hole that it belong to!... Will they f*** me over & tell me that it will cost me to fix my OMC?...

main-logo.pngSamba_hi_res_normal.jpg02_96x31.png14.gifreferral-ad-120x60.pnglogo-colors1-vflhO4gIp.png
Current devices [ ROM ]: Samsung Galaxy SIII [ CM11 Nightly ], Motorola Moto G [ Stock JB ], & Google/Asus Nexus 7 2013 [ Stock KK ]
Previous devices: Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC ( Anzu ), Orange Monte Carlo ( ZTE Skate ), Orange San Francisco ( ZTE Blade ), & HTC Wildfire ( Buzz )

utternoob

utternoob

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Laughing at chavs, Formula 1, Football and general technology
  • Devices:Skate, OSD, GT-P1010
  • Twitter:@terrymalyon2
Possibly. And their prices are supposed to be extortionate, be prepared to buy another. I think sim free would be better if you can find it

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

I may not know a lot, but there are others that do. If you have a problem, just ask

Sent with magic :)

trueno2k

trueno2k

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
:'(

If that happens I'll probably will save the cash, tell them to stick it where the sun doesn't shine and I shall have to find me another upgrade... Was hoping to wait it out till more better & affordable devices come out like the Acer Liquid Gallant Duo... If nothing takes my fancy, I'll just have to save up and get me self a Galaxy Nexus sim-free ( so far looking the best device to get for JB & specs at it's price point, which is already being supported by lots of developers also :P )...

Edited by trueno2k, 17 August 2012 - 07:39 PM.

main-logo.pngSamba_hi_res_normal.jpg02_96x31.png14.gifreferral-ad-120x60.pnglogo-colors1-vflhO4gIp.png
Current devices [ ROM ]: Samsung Galaxy SIII [ CM11 Nightly ], Motorola Moto G [ Stock JB ], & Google/Asus Nexus 7 2013 [ Stock KK ]
Previous devices: Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC ( Anzu ), Orange Monte Carlo ( ZTE Skate ), Orange San Francisco ( ZTE Blade ), & HTC Wildfire ( Buzz )

trueno2k

trueno2k

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
I was just wondering, how long did ZTE take to call/message back to you guys who sent their OMC to them for warranty repair after receiving it from you?

Basicly

Basicly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
Hi guys,

My ear speaker is crackly and sounds like its levels are too loud or something. From what I've read around here its an orange repair job. I've bought this phone second hand but I have the box receipt etc. how do I go about contacting orange? I've looked all over the website and google and cant figure it out. I'm currently with 3, so I have no relationship with Orange. How do I go about it? Thanks guys.

Josh92

Josh92

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Hi guys,

My ear speaker is crackly and sounds like its levels are too loud or something. From what I've read around here its an orange repair job. I've bought this phone second hand but I have the box receipt etc. how do I go about contacting orange? I've looked all over the website and google and cant figure it out. I'm currently with 3, so I have no relationship with Orange. How do I go about it? Thanks guys.

Ask in store?

Currently Running: ColdFusionX 2 - Jelly Bean (16/07/12 build) Alt: Mokee v1.10

trueno2k

trueno2k

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Hi guys,

I don't think they will deal with you unless you have a orange sim-card that came originally with it, when I phoned them they asked me for my orange number that I bought with the OMC, but it's worth a try, failing that you can call ZTE themselves...

I was just wondering, how long did ZTE take to call/message back to you guys who sent their OMC to them for warranty repair after receiving it from you?

So, back to me :P

Basicly

Basicly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
Any news on this one? My mic has gone as well so I'm going to send it back. Ive read on here that orange is now doing the repairs for these as of this month. On my recipt its got the imei , sim number and the phone number. I should be golden I hope.

Edited by Basicly, 28 September 2012 - 01:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users