[Recovery] ClockWorkMod 6.0.x.x for ZTE Acqua

Guest KonstaT

Guest ayziaa

Nice to see that things are starting to come together for the aqua. Still waiting for it to land in europe!

Edited by ayziaa

Will I be able to upgrade to the official 4.0 from this recovery? I installed it, but during the installation update.zip, writes:

verification failed

I ам disabled verifications in menu :

install aborted

Edited by myfka

Guest KonstaT

Will I be able to upgrade to the official 4.0 from this recovery? I installed it, but during the installation update.zip, writes:

verification failed

I ам disabled verifications in menu :

install aborted

What device is this? It came with 2.3 I assume?

You really shouldn't install the official packages without doing some modifications. They also includes all the radio partitions/etc that can't backed up with clockworkmod. Even if it worked, you'll have no way of going back to gingerbread.

Btw, there's a newer update than the Medion one in ZTE site for Greek Acqua.

http://wwwen.zte.com.../mobile/Greece/

http://wwwen.zte.com...23227496766.zip

ro.build.display.id=ICS_WIND_P740AV1.0.0B02
ro.build.date=Tue Jul 24 14:47:35 HKT 2012
ro.build.sw_internal_version=ICS_WIND_P740AV1.0.0B03
[/CODE]

I have zte acqua v880e, I tried to flash and the Greek and

German through your boot, but it is stitched.

I'm not much understand, but the firmware

100% of my phone, just probably blocked by

the operator. Backup of 2.3 I did. I would be

grateful if you help me and tell in detail what

to do. Thank you.

Guest KonstaT

Yeah, it seems to be the most recent.

ro.build.display.id=ICS_P740AV1.0.0B07
ro.build.date=Wed Aug 1 11:51:40 CST 2012
ro.build.sw_internal_version=ICS_P740AV1.0.0B07
[/CODE]

I would really rather not advice anyone on how to flash these official updates. I don't have a device to test with and I really don't want to be held responsible for bricking anyone's device. It shouldn't be too difficult to modify if you are familiar with flashable zips and updater-script. Just make sure that you are not flashing any partitions (e.g. radio) that can't be restored to the original state. That rules out pretty much everything except system and boot.

maybe you give a link where it says more to fix

archive for flashing

There really isn't any guides to this. These are just things that you need to know. ;)

It really isn't that simple if you try to update from gingerbread to ICS. ICS would probably need a different partition layout on your device. RIL implementation is most likely different (you'll need different radio). You might even need some lower lever flashing tool from ZTE to do all this.

Hi all, are there any international firmwares?

And another question, whether cyanogenmod for this phone?

What do you mean by international firmware? That Slovak build couple of posts up is a generic build. Knowing ZTE this usually means that it has full language support.

MSM7x27A is still an active platform so there is no reason why this device couldn't have fully working (and even official) CM build. It's only matter of someone making one. :P

Well that's not very good then. :P I have no idea why would recovery think system is mtd partition though (it's noted as ext everywhere).

I'll look into this but I still can't test any of this because I don't have the device myself.

Guest Yurbuh Tuggly

Just did a full backup (initiated with Rom Toolbox, but that should not matter), and then immediately turned around, rebooted into Recovery the normal way, and chose to restore it.

Happy to report that all went well...no errors or bad messages at all.

Guest Yurbuh Tuggly

At this point, there is no reason not to flash the latest recovery from KonstaT...everything I have tried works flawlessly...so go ahead and see if that solves your backup/restore issue. You can always reflash back to stock if you want to...but I find it hard to find a reason to want to.

I was building recoveries so I thought I might as well compile one for Acqua. This is ClockWorkMod 6.0.1.2. I'd like to know if the issue that we had in 5.5.0.4 builds with key input still persists or does the new kernel fix it. Please test and report back. :)

acqua-cwm6012.img

md5:8687c36558fa144c666452dc255279ab

Guest Yurbuh Tuggly

Please test and report back.

Boot without flash.

Loads OK. Can scroll with volume key. Cannot select anything with any key or button. :(

Edited by Yurbuh Tuggly

Guest N1ko5zAN

Thnx KonstaT for the instructions on how to flash custom recovery... everything went fluently ;) also i have to say that the alternate method of rooting mentioned by Avenger 2.0 from a VOODOO's quote worked fine for me !