capacitive key issues in any CM version

Guest Bob Mann

Guest Bob Mann

Hi all,

I have searched the forums and whilst i can find a few references to similar issues they all appear to be single posts inside all the other CM threads, of which there are a load of other posts that aren't related.....

So in short my issue is that any CM port/rom i seem to have issues with the capacitive keys, either they dont light up in the dark (not really an issue) or they just dont work at all (cm9/cm7 or cm7 with touchwiz)

if anyone could offer any suggestiongs/fixes or point me in the right direction i would be very grateful.

Thanks.

EDIT - Fish and chips rom works ok and so does the stock/modified stock rom, but there are features in CM like reboot to recovery or take screenshot, plus a few other little niggles that are missing from these two roms and i would love to be able to use CM builds.

Edited by Bob Mann

Guest chris231

not sure about this, however did you flash the correct version, because the vivacity I think has a special kernel to make them work.

If you flashed the SF2 version then I think this might be want happens.

someone else may have more knowledge than me on this one

Guest Bob Mann

well this is embarrassing, i flashed exactly the same files again (still on my sdcard) and they started working... i just tried flashing them again (for the 5th time) and they seem to work, cm7 is much better than cm9 as i could not get the market or terminal to open.. never mind

and yeah i double checked the versions just in case, kernel for CM7 and entire zip for CM9 both were for the vivacity...

Edited by Bob Mann