How is your battery life after the 2.17 update?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

I'm curious as to how everyone is finding battery life on their device post 2.17 update.

I'm DEFINITELY seeing an improvement, enough for the device to replace the S4 One X as my daily driver now!

What about you guys?

P

Guest ClydeRadcliffe

In my case I think that there is a little improvement, but I am not sure if it's so big of a difference. I am charging it a little at any time I get a chance (2-3 times a day) to avoid coming into situation of having a dead phone when I need it so still not sure if I imagine that difference or it is there. Need more time to be convinced.

Back on 1.29 I had about 12-15 hours on one charge (on rare occasions where I havent plugged it on charger during the day). On 2.17 I still havent done that.

ATM it is at 74%. It droped to that level after 5h 20 min. (28 min screen time, 20 min winamp playing music, the rest are smaller processes)

But comparing it to batery life I had on HD2 with the same usage (3 mail accounts syncing, weather, tons of apps installed etc....) it is still a very crapy lifetime :)

Edited by ClydeRadcliffe

Guest Brembo109

A big improvment here, also when using the phone activly. browsing, texting, social-networking needs a minimum at batterie costs :-). But i have to say that i´m using Android Revolution HD with stock kernel right now, because they were the first with this update :-). i think i change back to your build at the weekend. nice work anyway :-P

Edit: Even less batterie consumption then my GNex had before, compared to the power and screen brightness the HOX is delivering :-). Very nice device in my opinion.

Edit 2: 29% left right now, with 11:25h unplugged and 2:30h screen on using auto-brightness, wifi off, data on, gps on, sync on.

Edited by Brembo109

Guest joners

Mine isn't great, battery is about 52% after 11.30hrs. With 18minutes screen time. Also notice that the Rom seems a little laggy. I was on android revolution 8.1 previously and that seemed a little smoother and battery was better. :/

Suggestions?

Guest Brembo109

Mine isn't great, battery is about 52% after 11.30hrs. With 18minutes screen time. Also notice that the Rom seems a little laggy. I was on android revolution 8.1 previously and that seemed a little smoother and battery was better. :/

Suggestions?

I disabled most of the sense and HTC sync features with the Rom cleaner Skript at ARHD, only left the launcher, weather clock widget, calendar, music and the themes and wallpapers. I don't no if this has any effect on batterielife, but it seems so. The Rom cleaner Skript gives you more options to disable crab then the kitchen does, but Pauls kitchen is the easier and saver way I think

Guest ClydeRadcliffe

I am on 48% after 9h. Which is very nice comparing to what I would get before the update with the same usage. I have a 2GB mobile data so I am am always keeping data enabled. Have active call usage, lots of SMS, playing few games while waiting for a computer at work to finish doing some stuff, listening to music while driving from work etc...