Android 4.1 Jelly Bean for Galaxy S III shown on video

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

The race is on between HTC and Samsung to get Jelly Bean to their flagship devices and if this video is anything to go by, it looks like a Samsung release is imminent!

Originally posted on Android Mexico (and tipped via AllAboutSamsung.de), the YouTube video shows the forthcoming I9300 XXLEF / XXLDG4 internal engineering build which is rumoured to hit release status before the end of August.

It looks pretty good to me - smooth, fast, all JB features present and correct although, predictably, it's very Touchwizzy and virtually indistinguishable from Ice Cream Sandwich. :)

Click here to view the item

Guest el_Charlie

That's why I got a Galaxy Nexus and not an S3: Bloody TOUCHWIZ!

The GNex is cheaper and almost as fast as the S3 and with timely updates. Did I mention a pure google experience???

Cheers!

Guest lillracksingen

That's why I got a Galaxy Nexus and not an S3: Bloody TOUCHWIZ!

The GNex is cheaper and almost as fast as the S3 and with timely updates. Did I mention a pure google experience???

Cheers!

I've tried CM9 and Paul's MoDaCo ROM and wasn't impressed with Google's stock launcher.

aptX BT codec, microSD slot with ExFAT for my 4+ GB HD movies are the reasons why I chose the GS3 over the GNex.

The only annoyance with Samsung's stock ROM is the Messaging app which gives an SMS alert for delivery notifications...

Here's me hoping that Paul will update his MoDaCo edition ROM with JB. :-)

That made me chuckle, cheaper and almost as fast lol. My mum will be getting a S3 sometime in the next week so I shall tell her this even though she doesn't have a clue what I'll be talking about lol

Guest Anil K Solanki

Gnexus is cheaper, but don't kid yourself and try to say it's almost as fast as the SGS3 lol.

I've tried CM9 and Paul's MoDaCo ROM and wasn't impressed with Google's stock launcher.

aptX BT codec, microSD slot with ExFAT for my 4+ GB HD movies are the reasons why I chose the GS3 over the GNex.

The only annoyance with Samsung's stock ROM is the Messaging app which gives an SMS alert for delivery notifications...

Here's me hoping that Paul will update his MoDaCo edition ROM with JB. :-)

That made me chuckle, cheaper and almost as fast lol. My mum will be getting a S3 sometime in the next week so I shall tell her this even though she doesn't have a clue what I'll be talking about lol

Hi, being driven by hardware spec's is a totally dead end street. The world's first dual core phone (LG O2X) is still running Ginger Bread! The Galaxy NEXUS has Jelly Bean now, today. Michael Schumacher behind the wheel of any car is still going to beat Mr. Bean in a Ferrari.

Jelly Bean is a great update, make no mistake. My Galaxy NEXUS is lag free, runs everything, and if you don't like the launcher. Guess what? You can change it. SAMSUNG are not a software company. They keep trying, but they have a long way to go. Touchwiz is a nice idea. With poor implementation and a crappy user experience.

Hardware spec's are for the folks who spend more time flashing ROM's and tweaking for the sake of a higher synthetic benchmark. The reason FC360 mother won't have a clue what FC360 is talking about, is because it doesn't matter.

This is the reason the NEXUS 7 has such glowing reviews. The software folks (Google) do the software, and the hardware folks (ASUSTEK) do the hardware.

Have fun. Anil

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.