[DEV] [JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM] [Last updated: 26/08]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

Presenting CyanogenMod 10 for the Huawei Ascend G300!

This ROM will only work on a phone with a 2030 baseband version. If you flash this to a device with the 109808 baseband, the ROM will not boot. Therefore, this is only compatible with devices B926 and above.

Jelly Bean!

Thumbnail_2012-08-18-03-04-15.png Thumbnail_2012-08-18-03-04-28.png Thumbnail_2012-08-18-03-05-54.png Thumbnail_2012-08-18-03-06-01.png Thumbnail_2012-08-18-03-06-31.png Thumbnail_2012-08-18-03-06-46.png Thumbnail_2012-08-18-03-07-41.png Thumbnail_2012-08-18-03-07-46.png

This ROM is a relatively complete preview of CM10, though make sure to read the current issues (which will probably be solved pretty soon) to be certain if you can use this as a daily yet. It is the work of me and tilal6991, who contributes fixes without even having a device. :P

This ROM is compatible with both the U8815 and U8818 models.

Check the second post for known issues and the third for a change log.

Sources:

• Device: currently private until completion for various reasons
  • Proprietaries: currently private until completion for various reasons
  • Kernel: github.com/Dazzozo/android_kernel_huawei_u8815/tree/jellybean

Instructions:
    • Grab the ROM and Google apps (links below) and stick them on your SD.
    • Boot in to Recovery by turning the phone off, and turning it on while holding the volume up key (not volume down like a lot of phones, volume down takes you to the bootloader).
    • 'Wipe Data/Factory Reset'
    • NB for CWM: I advise you reboot recovery here, CWM seems a bit broken with flashes after wipes, at least for me.
    • 'Install zip from sdcard' -> 'Choose zip from sdcard' -> ROM
    • 'Install zip from sdcard' -> 'Choose zip from sdcard' -> Google apps
    • 'Reboot System Now'
    • Give it time - first boot takes longer than usual.
    • Run through the first time setup, language, date/time, Google account etc.
    • Have fun!

If you still have issues (other than those mentioned in the second post), post in the thread.

Downloads:

Other Credits:

[*]tilal6991 - for being awesome, helping me with getting started and offering a ton of advice and fixes all over the place.

[*]qiwu huang and genokolar for some initial CM9 work.

[*]omegamoon for some great work with the 3.0 kernel.

[*]The entire CyanogenMod team - we'd be pretty stuck without them!

Hall of Fame (Donators):

[*]Arnette

[*]carstenheuer

[*]samjam x2

[*]Umrtvovacz x2

[*]sammyc77

[*]bladebuddy

[*]skobywan

[*]goekane x2

[*]Valicek1 x2

[*]Dildano

[*]22point8 x3

[*]ugnius40

[*]maritimesbob

[*]maniok1

[*]paddyponchero

[*]RussellS

[*]Matthew_Smithy

[*]tcpaulh

[*]dragpyre

[*]daewhin

[*]Cyda

[*]Hans Gruber

[*]grmn

[*]shockdj

[*]ScutulatusCrotalus

Donate at: http://donate.thebronasium.com :wub:

Guest Dazzozo

Working:

• Mobile Data - 3G/2G
  • Network and RIL
  • Sound
  • Sensors
  • Live Wallpapers
  • Wi-Fi
  • ADB
  • Google Now / Voice Search
  • USB Mass Storage

Not Working:
    • All Camera features
    • Bluetooth

Other Issues:

[*]UI being a little slow (the display stuff is still quite new)

[*]Audio routing is a bit off

Guest Dazzozo

Change Log:

18/08/2012 - B1

• Initial release.

26/08/2012 - B2
    • Added overclocking
    • Returned cfg80211 to a module, loading as a Wi-Fi extension
    • Reworked RIL class to reflect some changes made in CM9, should fix some SIM issues
    • Fixed a text corruption issue
    • Fixed USB Mass Storage
    • Fixed LCD backlight not switching off
    • Synced with CyanogenMod repos
      • New CM10 boot animation: patch set 7

26/08/2012 - B3

[*]Reverted RIL to B1, was causing some data issues

[*]Synced with CyanogenMod repos

[*]New CM10 boot animation: patch set 8

Guest sammyc77

Awesome, thanks for the hard work Daz! Very zippy, particularly noticed an improvement in browser speed and rendering.

I had the wi-fi crash as described in other issues. Following the crash on reboot the phone freezes at the CM load screen. Can't get past there. Have wiped/reinstalled and had the same crash again.

Very promising though, looking forward to it becoming more and more stable over time. I'm off to chuck a fiver at your donation page :)

Guest skobywan

Awesome, thanks for the hard work Daz! Very zippy, particularly noticed an improvement in browser speed and rendering.

I had the wi-fi crash as described in other issues. Following the crash on reboot the phone freezes at the CM load screen. Can't get past there. Have wiped/reinstalled and had the same crash again.

Very promising though, looking forward to it becoming more and more stable over time. I'm off to chuck a fiver at your donation page :)

Was your sim recognised? everything worked for me except for the sim not being picked up. I tried installing logcat but it kept hanging at the cm screen like you. Too tired to play about more right now.

Guest dt_matthews

@Daz, dude, you are a genius.

By way of very very cursory feedback with the minimal time on this so far:

# very smooth

# no crashes / reboots so far

# RIL working fine [signal reports stronger than Infusion rom but of course that might be a lie] ;)

In short, beautiful stuff :)

Edited by dt_matthews

Guest anything-but

Still CM9 boot animation... oh, peeps...make sure maps is installed if your using Google Now as it'll crash out because it can't find latitude when you go to enable location settings. In dev options dazz,does "disable hw overlays" or "force GPU rendering" have to be enabled for project butter? (If its running in this build).

No crashes as of yet,just wacking my apps on ATM,I'll run this today as I'm home and see how it goes,top work to you mate tho, tad impressive in the timeframe since you started on this!

Guest anything-but

CM9 doesn't work on my phone

That`s a shame.....but IF you read the link you clicked AND the 1st post you`ll see this thread is in reference to CM10.

Let`s try keep this thread free from clutter peeps,it`ll make easier reading for dazz. :)

Edited by anything-but

Guest anything-but

Yep,926/927/934....they all have the 2030 baseband needed for CM10.

Don`t forget to root/unlock bootloader after installing one of the above as well. :)

Don`t forget to backup everyone if your going to be trying this!

Edited by anything-but

Guest sonicprogress

I wiped and flashed this with the gapps.

It hung whenever I tried to log in to my google account. (at the 'do you use gmail screen').

So I went back into recovery and tried to reflash, but it failed with a symlinks not copied error. Now recovery is gone, and i'm stuck at the bootloader screen. Looks like my phone is bricked. My laptops dmesg can't see it when I plug it in via usb.

Is there anything I can do?

Guest sonicprogress

I wiped and flashed this with the gapps.

It hung whenever I tried to log in to my google account. (at the 'do you use gmail screen').

So I went back into recovery and tried to reflash, but it failed with a symlinks not copied error. Now recovery is gone, and i'm stuck at the bootloader screen. Looks like my phone is bricked. My laptops dmesg can't see it when I plug it in via usb.

Is there anything I can do?

Ok scrap that, recovery is still there and just wouldn't load for some reason. Restoring back to 934....