This ROM will only work on a phone with a 2030 baseband version. If you flash this to a device with the 109808 baseband, the ROM will not boot. Therefore, this is only compatible with devices B926 and above.
This ROM is a relatively complete preview of CM10, though make sure to read the current issues (which will probably be solved pretty soon) to be certain if you can use this as a daily yet. It is the work of me and tilal6991, who contributes fixes without even having a device.
This ROM is compatible with both the U8815 and U8818 models.
Check the second post for known issues and the third for a change log.
- Device: currently private until completion for various reasons
- Proprietaries: currently private until completion for various reasons
- Kernel: github.com/Dazzozo/android_kernel_huawei_u8815/tree/jellybean
- Grab the ROM and Google apps (links below) and stick them on your SD.
- Boot in to Recovery by turning the phone off, and turning it on while holding the volume up key (not volume down like a lot of phones, volume down takes you to the bootloader).
- 'Wipe Data/Factory Reset'
- NB for CWM: I advise you reboot recovery here, CWM seems a bit broken with flashes after wipes, at least for me.
- 'Install zip from sdcard' -> 'Choose zip from sdcard' -> ROM
- 'Install zip from sdcard' -> 'Choose zip from sdcard' -> Google apps
- 'Reboot System Now'
- Give it time - first boot takes longer than usual.
- Run through the first time setup, language, date/time, Google account etc.
- Have fun!
- ROM (26/08/2012): http://g300.thebrona...-cm10-u881x.zip
- Google apps (26/07/2012): http://goo.im/gapps/...0726-signed.zip
- tilal6991 - for being awesome, helping me with getting started and offering a ton of advice and fixes all over the place.
- qiwu huang and genokolar for some initial CM9 work.
- omegamoon for some great work with the 3.0 kernel.
- The entire CyanogenMod team - we'd be pretty stuck without them!
- samjam x2
- Umrtvovacz x2
- goekane x2
- Valicek1 x2
- 22point8 x3
- Hans Gruber