GuyOverThere

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Linux, Tech and other stuff
  • Devices:ZTE Racer x850
  • Twitter:@netalien

I saw that msm_ts.c from pastebin earlier today but the soft buttons don't work with it. I'm working on the touchscreen all day... I hope something comes out of this, found lots of interesting stuff through my research.

EDIT: After looking & porting a lot of code I successfully use msm_ts.c from deadlink with some modifications to board-zte-mooncake.c with working virtual buttons/pinch-zoom/calibration except the virtual buttons don't vibrate. It seems that deadlink used kalltkaffe's sources for touchscreen & virtual buttons. Now I'm working on porting kalltkaffe's screen calibration and include it in RacerParts, almost done :)

deadlink used synaptics-rmi for the keypad however is not needed, what I did for my driver was to add the following in msm_ts.c in function msm_ts_probe:

input_set_capability(ts->input_dev, EV_KEY, BTN_TOUCH);
set_bit(EV_ABS, ts->input_dev->evbit);

#if defined(CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_VIRTUAL_KEYS)
set_bit(EV_KEY, ts->input_dev->evbit);
set_bit(KEY_HOME, ts->input_dev->keybit);
set_bit(KEY_MENU, ts->input_dev->keybit);
set_bit(KEY_BACK, ts->input_dev->keybit);
#endif

input_set_abs_params(ts->input_dev, ABS_MT_POSITION_X, pdata->min_x, pdata->max_x, 0, 0);

Also, you need to be sure (if you use the virtualkey support) that you have the correct values for the array_size:

#if defined(CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_VIRTUAL_KEYS)
#define virtualkeys virtualkeys.msm-touchscreen
#if defined(CONFIG_MACH_MOONCAKE)
static const char ts_keys_size[] = "0x01:102:30:350:40:60:0x01:139:120:350:50:60:0x01:158:210:350:40:60";
#elif defined(CONFIG_MACH_V9)
static const char ts_keys_size[] = "0x01:102:70:850:60:50:0x01:139:230:850:60:50:0x01:158:390:850:60:50";
#endif

Of course, in my case I need to compile the kernel with virtualkeys support (which deadlink didn't need since he used synaptics-rmi), also, this would allow to use touch_to_key to get haptic feedback on the keys, so for my kernel I have initramfs with touch_to_key support enabled and touch_to_key in /system/bin. I don't know yet however how to implement haptic feedback without touch_to_key, never really bother with it to be honest.

Also, thanks for reporting, this has reminded me that I need to update that fricking msm_ts driver in my github xD

Edited by GuyOverThere, 18 October 2012 - 03:56 AM.

mikeioannina

mikeioannina

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Carl
I was trying for many days to port 2.6.35.7 and today for the first time the device boots to lockscreen but touchscreen isn't working yet

EDIT: Touchscreen is working (it was just a calibration issue), now I'm having some framebuffer bugs (screen doesn't refresh, artifacts appear)

Edited by mikeioannina, 23 October 2012 - 02:53 PM.

If you like my work, don't forget to press the vote up button!
Current phones:
SE Xperia x10 mini - MiniCM10 & nAa-jb kernel
Using custom built roms by me:
SE Xperia mini - CyanogenMod 10 & FXP kernel

ZTE Carl - CyanogenMod 7 & 2.6.35.7 kernel

GuyOverThere

GuyOverThere

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Linux, Tech and other stuff
  • Devices:ZTE Racer x850
  • Twitter:@netalien

I was trying for many days to port 2.6.35.7 and today for the first time the device boots to lockscreen but touchscreen isn't working yet

EDIT: Touchscreen is working (it was just a calibration issue), now I'm having some framebuffer bugs (screen doesn't refresh, artifacts appear)

Awesome!!! :D

Is wifi still dead?

mikeioannina

mikeioannina

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Carl
I can't test wifi (or anything else) because the screen is distorted as you can see in the screenshot I posted in my other thread

If you like my work, don't forget to press the vote up button!
Current phones:
SE Xperia x10 mini - MiniCM10 & nAa-jb kernel
Using custom built roms by me:
SE Xperia mini - CyanogenMod 10 & FXP kernel

ZTE Carl - CyanogenMod 7 & 2.6.35.7 kernel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users