Questions About: T-Mobile Vivacity

Guest markhuges

Guest markhuges

Hello, i am a newbie here and would like to ask some questions regarding this phone : T-Mobile Vivacity

1) How is the phone? Does it run Smooth on Default Android 2.3

2) How long does the battery Last? as i keep hearing its Very Very Bad? is this true?

3) Im guessing you can root/hack it to version ICS 4.0? or Jelly Beam- Has anyone done this? If so, did you face problems, ?

4) Does the battery Life improve or did it get worse? If you Root it?

5) Thinking if buying a new phone... that's why i am asking, would it be better to buy this phone and root it (I am a noob, and will be first time) I like the big screen :) or shall i buy a smaller Cheap phone with ICS as Default OS, for around £100

Thank You :D

Edited by markhuges

Guest b4da55

Hi I had a tmv up until recently. imo the stock rom 2.3 was really laggy and not smooth at all. I tried various roms ie fnc, cm7 cm9 ect. all of the ones based on stock were a hell of alot better but as my daily driver I used dazzozos cm9 and as long as the slight issues don't bother you (read thread), then I would recommend this. As far as buying it now I think the huawei g300 is the best value phone around . I paid 65 for mine nearly new and it is the best thing I've done. A few people have had well documented issues but I've not. Good luck

Guest BLu3HaZe

Even the best battery life on the Crescent is abysmal indeed, and along with the old dated chipset, I feel it's somewhat pointless to go for this phone now. One purchase I regret is this SFII, but couldn't help as I wasn't aware of all hardware limitations.

As someone has suggested a G300, I too believe that's a good phone. Or any ARMv7 is the way to go now (IMO)

Guest b4da55

Cex I think they made a mistake cause I see one in there £75. I brought a zte crescent not knowing about armv6/7 and while it run great for me on cm9 I see no point in getting one. Especially if you are into modding/custom rom ect.

Guest irishpancake
Even the best battery life on the Crescent is abysmal indeed, and along with the old dated chipset, I feel it's somewhat pointless to go for this phone now. One purchase I regret is this SFII, but couldn't help as I wasn't aware of all hardware limitations.

As someone has suggested a G300, I too believe that's a good phone. Or any ARMv7 is the way to go now (IMO)

My missus still has her TMV.....and she is s very light user indeed, battery lasts at least 2/3 days....but any use online, browsing, etc you will see it running down pretty quickly....but when not in use, deep sleep for 95% shown on CPU Spy...

also oc'd to over 1Gz with no prob, and used DT A2SD to gain app space....

This little phone is no bad at all, and it has CM9/10, Fish & Chips ROM's...for very little outlay, £50??

Good phone to mess around with and gave no fear, coz it's dirt cheap!!

Good to learn Android and for noobs... imho

Edited by irishpancake

Guest BLu3HaZe

My missus still has her TMV.....and she is s very light user indeed, battery lasts at least 2/3 days....but any use online, browsing, etc you will see it running down pretty quickly....but when not in use, deep sleep for 95% shown on CPU Spy...

also oc'd to over 1Gz with no prob, and used DT A2SD to gain app space....

This little phone is no bad at all, and it has CM9/10, Fish & Chips ROM's...for very little outlay, £50??

Good phone to mess around with and gave no fear, coz it's dirt cheap!!

Good to learn Android and for noobs... imho

Good to learn Android, agreed. But I paid £105 and another £12 to get it here, so that wasn't really worth it IMO, but still got it cheaper than a Galaxy Y I can buy off any shop here, so can't complain either, as I got a better display, camera and RAM, for less money.

And I browse a lot on all my mobile devices, SFII lasts the least, around 3 hours max. Same when it comes even for light games, the screen seems to be a killer.

Guest irishpancake

Good to learn Android, agreed. But I paid £105 and another £12 to get it here, so that wasn't really worth it IMO, but still got it cheaper than a Galaxy Y I can buy off any shop here, so can't complain either, as I got a better display, camera and RAM, for less money.

And I browse a lot on all my mobile devices, SFII lasts the least, around 3 hours max. Same when it comes even for light games, the screen seems to be a killer.

Man....that was expensive.....

my Voda Huawei g300 only cost €110 [about £88] in Ireland free delivery, £5 to SIM unlock....

really no comparison, much better device for less money....

painful!!!

But then again, when I had Blade it was quite expensive in Ireland too, had to get it from UK....

But, I loved that Blade!!!

Guest lohtse

I have had htc hero,samsung i5500,i5700,se X8, ZTE Blade and now the Vivacity... and have to say so far the Vivacity is the best of the lot..Does everything I ask of it,Am a power user with 500+ apps installed and modded rom(FNC7).. All the other Phones with custom roms had lockups,random reboots etc, Vivacity only had them when overclocked to much(mention reboots in other thread and this caused them). It may not be the best out there but I paid £55 for an A grade(yes a grade) from cex.. And I love it..Battery is fine and about the same as all the other phones, speed is great, Camera is fab. basically a great phone all round for me...I use it for gaming,mapping,we/email,twitter etc and pretty much everything else... My partner as the Galaxy ACE S5839i which hs very similar specs and hands down I much prefer the Vivacity...

Guest b4da55

When did you buy this phone as they are 50 brand new now in t-mobile. My battery life was abysmal going down 1% a minute with screen on! . My g300 is at least 4x that. But the crescent was my first proper android phone i messed around with (roms, cwm ect) and taught me loads and for that i love em.

Guest lohtse
When did you buy this phone as they are 50 brand new now in t-mobile. My battery life was abysmal going down 1% a minute with screen on! . My g300 is at least 4x that. But the crescent was my first proper android phone i messed around with (roms, cwm ect) and taught me loads and for that i love em.
had it 2 weeks as of Monday!

Guest tooney

In store they're £39.99 if you know someone on t mob payg and use their upgrade. I just got one as a backup whilst my OneX is off for repair and I'm pretty impressed with it for what it is. I unlocked and installed cm9 as soon as there was enough charge in the battery and have just changed tpt and installed cm10. Loving it!