IMEI restore failure

Guest terry.n

Guest terry.n

I've been following the guide on http://www.modaco.com/topic/356806-guide-quick-way-from-stock-gb-23x-to-ics-b934-or-to-cm10-jb/.

I successfully installed b926 (and made calls) Then took imei backup, rooted and installed the gapps etc.

After reboot, I had no service - a quick check shows imei and baseband are blank. I restored the IMEI from backup - which reported success. But my IMEI is still blank.

Any ideas? its late and my brain isnt working anymore.

Guest terry.n

Ok - solved. I must have been really fuzzy headed last night :wacko: . Anyhow I flashed the b934 flashable zip and all seems to be working now.

Guest Rico_89

i need a deep breath first mate. it was a harrowing night!

LOL I've hacked my IMEI five times now, and it never gets any easier on the nerves :P . I think maybe you got the procedure a little backwards though, but I if I were you I would back up my IMEI now, and then back up the entire 5irom folder, from your sd card, to at least three other places and maybe put the "5irom" folder into another folder labelled "B934 ICS IMEI", that's what I do so I have several IMEI backups for all of the ICS builds I have installed.

Edited by Rico_89

Guest terry.n

Thanks all for coming back with advice - to answer some qestions:

Daz - I took an IMEI backup cause the advice I read was that it was the prudent thing to to . I only restored it when I had no service,and *#06# showed no IMEI. It was late at night and I possibly panicked (there's a lesson in there somewhere) :blush:

The 'problem' seemed to have been based on my putting on clockwork mod and not flashing a rom via clockwork - as soon as I put on tillaz's b934.zip everything was fine. Is that a reasonable assumption?

Thanks again everybody.

Edited by terry.n

Guest uvelicko

Hi everyone, I have a different problem:

I've rooted the phone, and I made the backup of imei with the 5irom, and saved it on my pc. But when I was restoring the imei I placed a wrong imei on the sd card. It reported as success restore, and I restarted my g300 ascend.

As soon as I restarted the phone I ran into problem: instead huawei logo, it displayed IDEOS logo, and that is when I realized that I restored the imei from my previous phone.

Now the phone won't pass the logo on power on, and I can't access the recovery boot. The only thing that works is the combination of VolumeUp+VolumeDown+Power button, but no matter what update rom I supply it fails with the upgrade. Also, when I connect my phone to the computer over USB cable, it turns on, even widouth battery. If I turn the phone on with VolumeUp+VolumeDown and widouth the sd card, I get the pink screen. In that case, if i connect it to the PC its reconginzed as HUAWEI modem, and not the ADB device, so I can't flash the recovery image.

Is there help for me?

Guest uvelicko

Try this: http://www.modaco.co...ade-tool-found/

Then install an ICS rom.

There is a way to type in your IMEI manually but that is really last resort stuff... ah but I think it requires you to boot into your device.

Been there, done that.... Thanks for the info though.

I think that I'm willing to try the last resort, if you are willing to share :)

Guest Rico_89

Nope... Any help would be appritiated...

Try reinstalling Clock Work Mod: using this method: http://www.modaco.co...-and-i-cant-do/

If it works then flash a rom that will work on your baseband or you may already have a nandroid backup you can restore.

If that doesn't work then try it again but use this file instead of the one linked to in that thread.

CWM 5.0.2.8 Rev.3:

Fastboot: http://www.mediafire...9kw4p9sc7z5jc9w

Edited by Rico_89

Guest Rico_89

Ok found this:

When installing CWM:

if you get stuck at waiting for device pull USB cable out and hold down volume and plug back in it should now work on screen .watch what screen does.

If that doesn't work then try removing your Micro SD card and then try installing roms on your internal memory.. Probably wont work but you never know.

Also try to find out if it's possible to install roms to your phone from your PC.