Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
B882
B885
B888
B892

All of these have that baseband and can be found on this forum or huawei website

tcpaulh

tcpaulh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, Huawei G300, ZTE Blade
  • Twitter:@tcpaulh
Full list afaik
b882
b884
b885
b886
b888
b892

How To Provide Error Logs

There's a problem on KitKat with text wrap / reflow not working. Issue raised here. Please Star and Reply if you think it's a stupid regression

Emmepi

Emmepi

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
Running B934 Infusion rom at the moment...
It is possible to downgrade to GingerBread ?

tcpaulh

tcpaulh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Running B934 Infusion rom at the moment...
It is possible to downgrade to GingerBread ?

<lie>
No, sorry
</lie?

There's a problem on KitKat with text wrap / reflow not working. Issue raised here. Please Star and Reply if you think it's a stupid regression

Emmepi

Emmepi

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
Thanks, but too hard for my little brain...

tcpaulh

tcpaulh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
0. Backup anything you dont want to lose. You should make a backup of your imei while you are at it :- https://docs.google....QHNo/edit?pli=1
1. Download a rom from http://g300.thebronasium.com/huawei/
2. Download the 'middle package' file from http://www.modaco.co...ade-tool-found/ (It's on the second line of the first page)
3. Decompress both files using winrar or 7zip or similar. Note that among the extracted files for each archive (from step 1 and 2) is a file called UPDATE.APP
4. Place the big UPDATE.APP file in a folder called dload on your SD card. Put the SD card in the phone.
5. Power on the phone using power button AND volume+ AND volume- all at the same time. Keep those three buttons pressed till the software starts updating. It will give you a brand new ROM on your phone.
6 If (and only if) it hangs or doesn't work, pull the battery then replace the big UPDATE.APP with the little one and go back to step 5. This should pave the way for a successful update. Then try again with the big UPDATE.APP

Emmepi

Emmepi

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
Thanks a lot !

Everything worked fine, without 6th step !
Just placed b888 (euro unbranded) on SDCard, maxi combo (vol+ vol- power), then pink progress bar.
No problem, after few reboots, G300 came back to life !
No IMEI lost

Then superrecovery, cwm and everything's ok now !

Device is more responsive on b888
Infusion ICS gave me less than 100mb ram available, b888 is still near 200mb ! (Only few apps installed !)

TCPAULH, THANKS ONCE AGAIN FOR YOUR MINI TUTORIAL, BUT REALLY ACCURATE & EFFICIENT !

tcpaulh

tcpaulh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
:) No worries

Just to point out that we have to change our ideas about free ram. There's a new paradigm. Free ram is wasted ram. ICS puts stuff in ram it thinks might be needed. This results in better performance as loading from flash memory to ram is eliminated (at point of requirement) in a lot of cases as it's already there.

Edited by tcpaulh, 23 August 2012 - 10:28 PM.

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco, G300
tcpaulh, the search button would've shown up this.While your intentions are good, we can't spoon feed people forever.

tcpaulh

tcpaulh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
I provided search results higher up too. A real live lmgtfy.

pedroxe

pedroxe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
i got some strange behaviour...
when using the imei 0 or not mine the splash image/boot image is the original one with the huawei logo and if i'm using my own imei, and after restore it, the boot image is showing the chinese logo 3g wo something...

why is this happening?

elperroderoke

elperroderoke

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Devices:Defy+; U8650; U8815

i got some strange behaviour...
when using the imei 0 or not mine the splash image/boot image is the original one with the huawei logo and if i'm using my own imei, and after restore it, the boot image is showing the chinese logo 3g wo something...

why is this happening?

Because the IMEI backup was made when the phone was "that way", and the IMEI backup includes more things not just the IMEI, and all that are back when you restore it.
Regards.

Regards.

pedroxe

pedroxe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
thanks a lot elperroderoke, is there any way to place back the original huawei logo?

elperroderoke

elperroderoke

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Devices:Defy+; U8650; U8815

thanks a lot elperroderoke, is there any way to place back the original huawei logo?

Just flash this zip from recovery CWM (install zip from SD card)

http://www.mediafire...mar3358dcrvc01u

Regards.

pedroxe

pedroxe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
done! tks for your help

kerrit

kerrit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:Huawei

0. Backup anything you dont want to lose. You should make a backup of your imei while you are at it :- https://docs.google....QHNo/edit?pli=1
1. Download a rom from http://g300.thebronasium.com/huawei/
2. Download the 'middle package' file from http://www.modaco.co...ade-tool-found/ (It's on the second line of the first page)
3. Decompress both files using winrar or 7zip or similar. Note that among the extracted files for each archive (from step 1 and 2) is a file called UPDATE.APP
4. Place the big UPDATE.APP file in a folder called dload on your SD card. Put the SD card in the phone.
5. Power on the phone using power button AND volume+ AND volume- all at the same time. Keep those three buttons pressed till the software starts updating. It will give you a brand new ROM on your phone.
6 If (and only if) it hangs or doesn't work, pull the battery then replace the big UPDATE.APP with the little one and go back to step 5. This should pave the way for a successful update. Then try again with the big UPDATE.APP

Does this still work for newer ICS versions? like B935

billpine

billpine

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero
B895 has 109808. The last one before the nasty ICS!

Inglesina94

Inglesina94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Huawei u8815

Hi, does this method work to downgrade from android version 4.0.3, baseband 2030 - build B952 to android version 2.3.6 baseband 109808 build 895?

Thanks in advance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users