[ROM][ICS] ParanoidAndroid - CM9 - TabletUI Hybrid [23/08/12]

Guest XMasterNinni

Guest XMasterNinni

What type of device do I have?:

• P736V: Orange San Francisco II, Free Blade S and other variants.
  • P736E: T-Mobile Vivacity, Telenor Touch Plus and other variants.

Downloads:

P736V ROM http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?v1504fn04w8u854

Have a look here to get Infos/Screens and more! http://www.modaco.co...dated-18/08/12]

Edited by XMasterNinni

Guest AmbushReality

Any idea how much better this is than rymates?

EDIT: Wait, you don't have the device ^_^ ill test it ASAP

Edited by AmbushReality

Guest XMasterNinni

Which devices is it for?

Well, it's compiled with your Blade2 Device configs...so it should be the Crescent, shouldn't it? Or the Vivacity?

Edited by XMasterNinni

Guest Dazzozo

It's not that simple. Crescent is the umbrella term. Both types of device are the Crescent. The device configuration has the ability to compile for both of them.

Take a look at the first post in the CM9 or CM10 thread, it explains how the device models work. By default, it will build for P736V. To build for P736E you must run "export P736E=1" before building - it'll need a clean build otherwise the build.prop won't update. (ccache will help there)

Running a P736V ROM on a P736E will result in CM's hardware keys deeming you to have the wrong button set, the screen to be misaligned due to touchscreen driver differences, and the small cosmetic of the baseband version to be wrong, and vice versa.

Guest XMasterNinni

Alright. So this ROM is only for the P736V!

I was so free, and copied your device stuffs from CM9 to this thread. Will change it tomorrow. Don't have the nuts anymore to do this today (yesterday ;)).

Edited by XMasterNinni

Guest Dazzozo

The only reason I can think of that being broken is that the kernel used doesn't have an essential patch I committed to CM a few weeks ago. Not sure which one was used.

Guest thanga005

:wub: ROM was really nice with the tablet features missed in CM9, [ :D better than rymates] :wub:

:huh: few issues i have came across today after installing it are

1. wi-fi and tethering doesn't work

2. Set ringtone for the personal contact is missing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have tried to port Paranoid Android for the Crescent either by using XmasterNinni portingtool and using a Framework Port, one it boots and I can't use the touch screen and it seems like I have the soft buttons like a TMV and the other just hangs on the bootanimation screen. I wish I was more technically minded