[MOD] [SCRIPT] Multiboot via loop file [19/12]

Guest Snap.IT

Guest Snap.IT

Does not help. Without this command, the arithmetic no is performed.

He means that you can edit the script and just type in the size you want in KB instead, like this

size=256000 for a 250MB partition.

I don't really know why this happens but i'll attempt to fix it, i'll let you know.

Guest gunapriyan

While install via CWM,

I had faced following error....

Installing update....

Installing boot image....

Installing extras...

Not enough space for extras. Skipping....

Install from sdcard complete.....

Is there any problem? [i am using 8GB Sdcard....]

Same for gapps also....

Please suggest...Thanks in advance....

Guest Sulthekk

[OFF]I hope you know that LeWa rom has serious privacy problems, and is NOT recommended to use.[/OFF]

Have you created a data image, and is it in place?

@gunapriyan

That means that you have created a small system image. If you have a lot of free space, then 220MB is the recommended size, with that size everything should fit.

Edited by Sulthekk

Guest gunapriyan
While install via CWM,

Installing update....

Installing extras...

Same for gapps also....

As per the direction of Snap, I did everything now. But again i am stuck with Android Logo......

Edited by gunapriyan

Guest vitallativ

Calculate the value manually instead, and insert it directly into the script. That worked for me.

For example, to use a 256mb loop file, enter 'size=262144' (256*1024).

So works. Thank you! I'll try now ...

Guest Sulthekk

So works. Thank you! I'll try now ...

You have to set it at another line for the data image too. If you didn't do that, you can just stop it now, because it will fail.

Guest Snap.IT

I'm still getting stuck on boot after installing from cwm. so what I'm I doing wrong, these are my files in the multi boot folder,

1.lewa system-184mb

2.lewa boot-2.65 mb

3.bootnand.sh

4.bootlewa.sh

5.lewa rom loopinstall 82mb(inside looprom folder)

Note I'm using Linux. Kindly advice.

1. seems ok

2. seems ok

3. seems ok

4. seems ok

5. In the multiboot directory under loop-roms there should be a directory named lewa system and in that directory there should be a file called lewa-loopinstall.zip

You're also missing the data loop file.

I don't know what you answered to the different questions but you have to answer ALL of them correctly or it won't work, the script cannot guess things on it's own, any typos will make the install fail, failure to create data and system loop files will make it fail, failure to copy the multiboot directory in it's entirety will make it fail.

You need to both create the two loop files at the beginning of the script and then type the same name for each later on in the script, the first part creates the loop files you are going to install into and the second part specifies to the install files where to install the ROM.

IF you have already created the loop files and copied them, you don't need to do it again, but you still need to enter the names in the second part of the script for the ROM to know where to install to.

Guest gunapriyan

Boss, How to give 220 MB size?

If edit makelooprom means, how to open it?

[OFF]I hope you know that LeWa rom has serious privacy problems, and is NOT recommended to use.[/OFF]

Have you created a data image, and is it in place?

@gunapriyan

That means that you have created a small system image. If you have a lot of free space, then 220MB is the recommended size, with that size everything should fit.

Guest Snap.IT

While install via CWM,

Installing update....

Installing extras...

Same for gapps also....

You have to make the system loop file large enough to hold the ROM and gapps, if it's too small it won't fit on it. The system loop file acts as your /system partition, make it 250MB and any ROM for the blade will fit inside of it.

In my example i specified a size of 180 since that's all i need for running CM-10-KonstaKANG but other roms like AOKP and PA roms will need more space than that so you have to specify a larger number, just always use 250 and think of it no more.

Guest Snap.IT

When the script asks you "What size do you want your system image to be (in MB's)" enter 220 (or 250, just make it 250)

Guest Sulthekk

The script asks for a size when you create a system image. There, simply enter 220. Also, the 'extras' aren't really needed for the rom. You don't need to worry if they don't install.

Guest gunapriyan

The following quote derived by Snap...

Do you want to make an image file to hold the system for this ROM? (not neccessary if it's an upgrade from a previous ROM) Y for yes any other key for no.

n

Do you want to make an image file to hold the data for this ROM? (not neccessary if it's an upgrade from a previous ROM or you want to share a data image with another ROM) Y for yes any other key for no.

n

Type the name of the ROM you copied to this directory without the file ending. For example if your ROM file name is cm-7.2.0-blade.zip you type cm-7.2.0-blade

cm-10-20120901-KonstaKANG-blade

unzipping your ROM

Saving base and cmdline of boot.img from current ROM (cm-10-20120901-KonstaKANG-blade) for future use

Extracting the boot.img of current ROM (cm-10-20120901-KonstaKANG-blade)

Page size: 2048 (0x00000800)

Kernel size: 3511324 (0x0035941c)

Ramdisk size: 173245 (0x0002a4bd)

Second size: 0 (0x00000000)

Board name:

Command line: androidboot.hardware=blade console=null

Writing boot.img-kernel ... complete.

Writing boot.img-ramdisk.gz ... complete.

30000+0 records in

30000+0 records out

30720000 bytes transferred in 10.429 secs (2945632 bytes/sec)

mke2fs 1.41.11 (14-Mar-2010)

Filesystem label=

OS type: Linux

Block size=1024 (log=0)

Fragment size=1024 (log=0)

Stride=0 blocks, Stripe width=0 blocks

7520 inodes, 30000 blocks

1500 blocks (5.00%) reserved for the super user

First data block=1

Maximum filesystem blocks=30932992

4 block groups

8192 blocks per group, 8192 fragments per group

1880 inodes per group

Superblock backups stored on blocks:

8193, 24577

Writing inode tables: done

Writing superblocks and filesystem accounting information: done

This filesystem will be automatically checked every 21 mounts or

180 days, whichever comes first. Use tune2fs -c or -i to override.

30000+0 records in

30000+0 records out

30720000 bytes transferred in 9.521 secs (3226551 bytes/sec)

Filesystem label=

Block size=1024 (log=0)

First data block=1

4 block groups

1880 inodes per group

8193, 24577

This filesystem will be automatically checked every 38 mounts or

30000+0 records in

30000+0 records out

30720000 bytes transferred in 6.917 secs (4441231 bytes/sec)

Filesystem label=

Block size=1024 (log=0)

First data block=1

4 block groups

1880 inodes per group

8193, 24577

This filesystem will be automatically checked every 32 mounts or

570 blocks

What is the name of the system image you'll be using for this ROM? If you made a system image before for this ROM then use that name () and if you want to reuse a system image file you've created before, use that name. Typos will result in a non booting installation

cm-10-konstat-system

What is the name of the data image you'll be using for this ROM? If you made a data image before for this ROM then use that name () and if you want to reuse a data image file you've created before, use that name. Typos will result in a non working installation

cm-10-konstat-data

If this is a Jelly Bean (CM10) ROM type y for yes, if it's not, type n for no.

y

Creating ramdisk cpio archive ...

Find compiled boot.img inside output folder as cm-10-20120901-KonstaKANG-bladeboot.img

Now fixing your updater-script so you can install this ROM into your loop image

format("yaffs2", "MTD", "system", "0", "/system");

Do you want this installation to format the data image used with this ROM?

Answer Y for yes if it's a new installation and N for no if you are upgrading

and want to keep the data on the data image. (Say yes if you would run wipe

data/factory reset in recovery if this was a normal install)

n

The data image used with this ROM will NOT be formatted during installation

All done, time to pack your ROM up again, it will be called cm-10-20120901-KonstaKANG-blade-loopinstall.zip and will be in multiboot/cm-10-konstat-system/loop-roms

If you are running this script on your NAND(internal) ROM you will want to save the boot image you're currently running so you can reboot back into the NAND ROM.

I can make you a copy of the boot img you are currently running, if you want me to do that then hit Y, otherwise (if you're running on a loop install or already have a copy of boot.img in multiboot that you want to keep) hit any other key.

n

Moving all files to your /sdcard/multiboot directory

Everything worked, cm-10-20120901-KonstaKANG-blade is ready for loop installation.

Happy multibooting :)

Snap.IT aka Jinxxed

I don't know where it asks the size? Still now i did the process more than 3 times. But i am not face that....

Ok....If i not worry about size, i don't know why phone hangs Android logo after install Rom and gapps.....[Even i removed battery for more than 5 times]

Please suggest...

Guest Snap.IT

Snap,

My partition info

/system : 215 MB

/data : 204 MB

/cache : 37.50 MB

/sdcard : 7.23 GB

Help to me to fit....

That information is entirely irrelevant, the loop rom doesn't care about your NAND partitions, it doesn't even mount them.

Just read the replies you are given and follow the instructions and it'll fit just fine.

Guest Snap.IT

The following quote derived by Snap...

I don't know where it asks the size? Still now i did the process more than 3 times. But i am not face that....

Ok....If i not worry about size, i don't know why phone hangs Android logo after install Rom and gapps.....[Even i removed battery for more than 5 times]

Please suggest...

Look, if you cannot read and follow the instructions even after i've given them to you several times then perhaps you just shouldn't use this script?

What is the use of me repeating myself time and time again if you're just going to ignore what i say?

Guest Sulthekk

Finally it has worked I can now boot mookeOS. I one quiz thou, is it possible to share apps b2in the roms and how? I thanks in advance.

It's possible if the two roms use the same data image, but that would need the two roms to be very similar, for example you can't share data between a jb and a gingerbread rom.

Guest vitallativ

It's possible if the two roms use the same data image, but that would need the two roms to be very similar, for example you can't share data between a jb and a gingerbread rom.

Yes, yes, I did. All of it! Thank you very much for your help.

Special thanks to the author of this script!

Edited by vitallativ

Guest Snap.IT

https://github.com/tilal6991/ZTEDualBootApp - after 3 days of intense hard work the app is finally fully coded.

It is completely untested but I am testing now and will post an apk if it works.

Awesom, i'll be checking out your code in a while, i'll just upload a version that has a failsafe against typing the wrong sys_img or data_img. :D

Well that and i fixed the problem with cm7 roms not being able to use let for arithmetic by using expr instead.

Guest jpeg729

@gunapriyan: if you are following the instructions you quoted the script won't ask you for the size because you told it you already had an image file. The first two answers are WRONG. There is another post with a big printout like that, the ones you quoted are for upgrading an existing loop install, not for creating a new one. See these ones

I have been trying myself. Used the latest linux script on Konstat's latest cm10 creating new system and data image files. Copied the multiboot folder to the sdcard. Flashed. Did everything exactly as said several times in the thread. Stuck on the green android.

Tried running the V5 android script on a plain Konstat latest cm10 install to create a loopboot konstat cm10. Same problem.

Strange. I am pretty sure I got the filenames right, but I haven't dissected the resulting boot image files to see what they try to do.

I can post the output of the linux script if you like.

Edited by jpeg729

Guest Sulthekk

@Snap.IT

Is it possible to share nand data with loop rom if both rom's are of same nature (ICS).

Probably yes, if you don't use a data image for it, but I think you will have to edit the script for this. If you can just upgrade them on top of each other without a full wipe, they should be okay to be used that way.

But why would you like to use two roms of the same kind anyway? :S