CM9 for Lg Optimus L3 (E400)

Guest tony_secreto

Guest WhiteDeath25

@WhiteDeath25

Dude, how did you do that? :) I tryed to somehow use internal storge for apps, but without success.

I created partition from a recovery mod, instaled link2sd, instaled ext2 script and it work like a charm. In link2sd you need to use link app option, not move to sd. The best option is to install link2sd first, and in options set allways link to external partition, and program will work for itself.

Oh, thank you, Link2SD was not linking automatically rsrs

I did not put two SDcard, android is recognizing Internal storage as a SDcard, but, my Microsd is partitioned in two

Okay , and if you make a ext3 or ext4 partition on the sd card?

Guest Xander_A

I'm Smith the storage problem. Can somebody send me a tutorial or a link showing how to instal the original from. Because I need to use the wifi tethering and it's not workng on CM9. I tried to use the kds system but after I instal the rom I just can see a white screen. Please can somebody help me? I lost my backup from!! Thanks!

somewhere about page 4-5 this thread

shortly, get stock rom using google

http://lg-phone-firm...x.php?id_mod=11 - is one of potential sources

Download KDZ flasher - http://www.lg-phones.org/wp-content/uploads/KDZ_FW_UPD_EN.7z

Download corresponding KDZ from lg repo (in my case V10i, open europe)

Get to "emergency mode"

- Remove battery for 10 sec, plug battery in than HOLD BOTH VOLUME UP AND DOWN and press Power - yellow screen with "Emergency mode" will apear

Set in KDZ flasher - set diagnostic /gsm - point to kdz file

click update............. wait 5-10 minutes

You are back on stock

Guest juancostaa

Download KDZ flasher - http://www.lg-phones...DZ_FW_UPD_EN.7z

Get to "emergency mode"

- Remove battery for 10 sec, plug battery in than HOLD BOTH VOLUME UP AND DOWN and press Power - yellow screen with "Emergency mode" will apear

You are back on stock

I´ll try it now, ;)

Guest juancostaa

Get to "emergency mode"

You are back on stock

Get to "emergency mode"

You are back on stock

I did everything like you said, and when the process ends, all i can see is the LG logo and after a white screen, and the mobile reebot !!

Guest vegetaSRB

I did everything like you said, and when the process ends, all i can see is the LG logo and after a white screen, and the mobile reebot !!

Try first in clockwork mod recovery to wipe full (wipe data, wipe cashe) and then to flash it...

Guest Xander_A

strange, have you been an admin when flasing? try it again or

follow this

or this one, but replace optius black with correponding L3 stuff

http://androidforums.com/optimus-one-all-things-root/410080-how-unbrick-your-lg-p500-optimus-one.html

or if you can get to CWM recovery, clear all caches, just to be sure

please help,im instaling ics,but i want go on stock,i did evrething how its writen,but,i stuck on lg logo and white screen.nothing help,even and kdz fw update.again,pllleeease help!!!

Guest Xander_A

I cant use 3G internet, APN is configured correctly...

(3g/2g, whatever, i cant use SIM internet)

Mobile data are diabled by default, you have to go to:

Settings-->Wireless and networks-->More...-->Mobile networks-->Mobile data "enable"

can someone help me,i dont what to do?

can someone help me,i dont what to do?

newermind,i fix that,i instaled newest version on lg suprt tool,first i instal oldest version over kdz,then newest and then i do hard reset,volume down,buton in the midle(mehanic) and power buton

Guest Xander_A

please help,im instaling ics,but i want go on stock,i did evrething how its writen,but,i stuck on lg logo and white screen.nothing help,even and kdz fw update.again,pllleeease help!!!

if you realy tried everything including bootloader reflash -- realy absolutely everything, than some portion of hardware is corrupted.

than i will suggest you to go to contact LG and ask them for RMA, as LG is only company which have no problem with rooted phones. waranty is not void by rooting the phone.

But check first, that you realy followed guides well, that you made "wipe all", admin and so

Guest Xander_A

Is active.

so i dont know, it works flawlesly for me, using nightly 0903, did you wiped caches when you flashed build?

mobile network works for me. :) anyway, is there no fm radio available? currently using cm9 b4 experimental.

Looks that there is no FM radio kernel extension in system

FM radio .ko - kernel extension - is with highest possibility proprietary driver (no public sources), so there are three options

1) perfectly legal - someone will spend his time with writing .ko for this device

2) somehow legal - there is already someone who made the .ko for ICS and our FM radio and we will use it

3) not-so-legal - someone will take this .ko and script from stock ROM, decompile it, check it with ICS specs, as stock .ko is Ginger and not directly compatible with ICS, rewrite it, recompile it and modify scripts and other stuff to work with ICS

I will be just happy if I am wrong, and only thing i have to do is download FM Radio App from somewhere, but i used some "Device test App" who claims there is no FM radio device.

Please say that I am wrong.

Edited by Xander_A

Guest Cubetto

so i dont know, it works flawlesly for me, using nightly 0903, did you wiped caches when you flashed build?

Looks that there is no FM radio kernel extension in system

FM radio .ko - kernel extension - is with highest possibility proprietary driver (no public sources), so there are three options

1) perfectly legal - someone will spend his time with writing .ko for this device

2) somehow legal - there is already someone who made the .ko for ICS and our FM radio and we will use it

3) not-so-legal - someone will take this .ko and script from stock ROM, decompile it, check it with ICS specs, as stock .ko is Ginger and not directly compatible with ICS, rewrite it, recompile it and modify scripts and other stuff to work with ICS

I will be just happy if I am wrong, and only thing i have to do is download FM Radio App from somewhere, but i used some "Device test App" who claims there is no FM radio device.

Please say that I am wrong.

Maybe we can use spirit fm app tuning right configuration

Guest Xander_A

Maybe we can use spirit fm app tuning right configuration

Tried, there is no fm_drv.ko in ./lib/modules so device reports there is no FM radio

maybe someone will be able extract

FmService.apk

FmRadioProvider.apk

FmRadio.apk

and system/lib/modules

from stock, but i dont think it will work

tech specs for SnapDragon

MSM7625A 0.6-0.8 GHz Cortex A5

Adreno 200 HVGA VGA

CDMA/UMTS (HSPA,GSM/GPRS/EDGE, 1x Rev. A, 1xEVDO Rev. A)

5 MP gpsOne Gen 7 Hexagon QDSP5 350MHz

USB 2.0 HS Peripheral or Host

802.11b/g/n via add'l chip AR6003/5,

WCN1314

BT4.0, FM Rx/TX, via

add'l chip WCN2243

45nm

Edited by Xander_A

Guest turvat1377

Just installed the latest build (3/09 http://get.cm/get/je...IGHTLY-e400.zip)

No change for me for the moment , but i don't have visible bug

I can't enable USB Mass storage

And the application goes too interal memory when i want to put it on SD

The way to go to the extra-SD is not sdcard/_externalSD

But its mnt/extra-sd. Maybe its for that that link2sd doesn't work properly

USB mass storage doesn't work for me either.

I don't see any problem with the installation of apps. You can install your apps on your SD card without using Apps2Sd. For me it works well with the nightly version 9-3-2012.

Hello,

is it possible to switch internal Storage, and the SD Card? 1GB is little bit small...! ;)

Yes it is... you can switch those 2. Its working on my phone using nightly version 9-3-2012

Edited by turvat1377

I dont understand the problems here. I am using the last build from the 3rd of september. Usb works (you have to disable usbdebugging) You cant switch the usb mode, but you dont have to switch it. Only disable usbdebugging and connect the phone. You see, that the pc installs the drivers and opens the drives from the phone. I make two partitions on my sd-card and it works. You have to make two partitions. Both as primary and both in fat32. First the bigger one for your data and second a smaller one for link2sd. I am using a 16gb card. The first partition is 10gb and for link2sd i am using 6gb. It works. Link2sd moves all on the second. If i open the drives with a filemanager ( i am using rootexplorer) i can use the big partition for data. And if i connect the phone to my pc it opens the internal 1gb memory and my big first partition. Many people write, that they have only a few mb of the 1 gb memory free. Before i flashed the new firmware, i wipe the data and the cache partition. Then go into mounts and storage and format there the data, the sdcard and the system. Then i flashed the new firmware and i have in system 150mb, in data 150mb (thats the 300mb they wrote) and a free internal sd. The phone works better than with the old gingerbread and have more memory. If you make link2sd on automatic then you have no problems. I installed more apps than ever before. I hope the final comes soon. I have only one little bug. If i only restart the phone it works perfect. But if i shut it down completely and start it after that again, after the lg logo comes only a white battery for a short time. Then i have to go in clockworkmode and have to use there to start the system (the first point there), then it starts normal. But its the only bug i found. All other works great. You find the internal sd in mnt/sdcard and the external big partition in mnt/extra-sd. I installed 98 apps and have in data 111mb, in system 136mb and in internal sd 930mb free. And music and videos i take on the external sd. And my apps (e.g. The dice player) found my media there and play it correct. To avoid mistakes you have to read all instruktions. I am also a newby in android. The l3 is my first android and i earned it since 3 weeks. I only read and do and it works great. Please excuse my bad english.

Edited by ch77de