vodafone (b963) approved???

Guest maninhas

Guest tillaz

my point is people were saying 943 or whatever was final and the ver that would be released.. they were wrong.

unless they have fixed hardware acceleration fully... there will be no difference for me, as i cant see much else wrong with B934 :(

but to be fair i don't use a G300 so i cant compliant about it lol...

Ok so i got replies back from Facebook and Twitter

Well kinda....

facebook:

post-981359-0-59145000-1346069713_thumb.

Twitter:

post-981359-0-78817800-1346069716_thumb.

So it seems we may or may not have been led on by"BrunoF_", only time will tell

Guest ScutulatusCrotalus

Could someone ask Vodafone if their B963 ROM will be released with vendor update.app? This is the only way how to get back in the line, how to get back OTA updates back. :-)

Guest xZaratustrAx

That statement was from Vodafone Portugal. Perhaps each country will have it's own update, who knows. So, the better thing to do now is to chill out and wait for 2/3 weeks and see what happens then.

Edited by xZaratustrAx

I got this reply today from twitter the link is for B934 generic version

well ill be the judge of that, currently downloading the generic version from their site.

will report back later. :ph34r:

Guest FrankieADZ

Ok so i got replies back from Facebook and Twitter

Well kinda....

facebook:

post-981359-0-59145000-1346069713_thumb.

Twitter:

post-981359-0-78817800-1346069716_thumb.

So it seems we may or may not have been led on by"BrunoF_", only time will tell

a customized version of ICS by Vodafone...that means there going to ruin it with there Bloatware :ph34r:

Guest tracasan

a customized version of ICS by Vodafone...that means there going to ruin it with there Bloatware :ph34r:

that shouldn't be much of a problem... root uninstaller gets rid of anything you want

Guest ScutulatusCrotalus

Well, if they're going to ruin it, we won't notice, because there won't be any vendor update.app. Only those who updates their G300 only via OTA will get Vodafone crap.

Guest bryfly

Taken from Vodafone forum posted today by Voda rep........

"however I can confirm that we have tested the latest update for ICS and passed this back to the manufacturer to be released, unfortunately we don’t have any control of how it will be released (PC or OTA) or when this will be".

it says that (full link)

http://www.huaweidev...oftid=NDY1MTg==

has full HW UI. Isn't this the same rom Infusion is based on?

No because the general version released on the huawei website doesnt have it enabled.

Taken from Vodafone forum posted today by Voda rep........

"however I can confirm that we have tested the latest update for ICS and passed this back to the manufacturer to be released, unfortunately we don’t have any control of how it will be released (PC or OTA) or when this will be".

time will tell...

Guest b4da55

Has anyone downloaded the official B934 from huawei website and confirmed it doesn't have full HW accelerated ui as if im going to get into a argument about it i want to be right! Does it still have huawei camera and what else is there that shows it not there/enabled.

Has anyone downloaded the official B934 from huawei website and confirmed it doesn't have full HW accelerated ui as if im going to get into a argument about it i want to be right! Does it still have huawei camera and what else is there that shows it not there/enabled.

it is basically the leaked version ,just used it for the past few hours

new stuff: nada.zilch :angry2:

it is basically the leak without the vendor update.app :unsure:

Guest 2saint4u

I am using it, and it have few problems.

After update from system/Storage/SD card upgrade

- There was no weather widget, and there was no shortcuts to wifi, bluetooth, data on the taskbar (when you slide it down)

So, I have found that file in "vendor" folder from the leaked update, and I have put that file in the "dload" like it's a full ROM, and started SD card upgrade again.

After that, the weather widget was avaiable, and shortcut icons have appeared. - good.

Note: aftrer that vendor file flash, entire internal memory was formatted like the phone is brand new.

noticed:

- I can "check" use GPU hw acc in 2d applications in developer system, 2d apps and games are running smooth.

Problems:

- 3D games, either are NOT WORKING, either running with massive lags, texture loss, artifacts, or touch screens seems to get "stucked" and "out of calibration" for example, you tap the direction on the virtual joypad and youer press gets "sticked" like you are holding it.... :(

Games tested:

Dead trigger - working with texture glitches, stutter, but commands are responsive.

Mini motor racing - touch screen gets "stiucky" or simulating rapid press on 1 screen tap. (graphics looks OK, some stutter.

Shadow Hunter - game crashes after 15 sec in 3D.

Shadowgun - touch screen commands gets sticky, graphics looks OK, some slowdowns (not stutter, like -20% slow-mo at moments)

Reckless racing 1 - cant start at all.

Frontline commando - controls are ok, graphics are OK, but it has some slow mo slowdowns :(

All the games mentioned above WERE WORKING PERFECTLY IN GB 2.3.6 (VIP Serbia (vodaphone?) Provider)

OVER ALL - 3D apps FAIL MUCH, I do not reccomend this ICS upgrada for anyone who wants to play 3D games on the phone.

One other notice...

Before I have put that vendor file,.. I had sometnigh that I do not have now in { Developer tools }

There was an option, some kind of app killer, and if it was cheched, It said that every app is killed in the proces if you get it out of the screen. So basically, every final "back arrow system key" would kill the proces.

Edited by 2saint4u