Speakerphone Volume

Guest virdirs

Guest virdirs

I was wondering if anyone had tried using their SPV as a handsfree in the car by using the speakerphone button.

I've found that the person on the other end can hear me quite well but it's not very loud on my end and i really struggle to hear what's being said... I've tested the obvious.... earpiece volume is at max.. I've removed all wax from my ears and generally have ok hearing..

Is there any other way of increasing the volume of the phone?

:lol:

Guest virdirs

ok.. so everyones are quite loud then... in the house it's fine.. when there's no background noise.. but in the car.. mounted next to the steering wheel it's seems too quiet..

Oh well.. probably just me... i'll test it out for a bit longer then maybe try and get my hands on someone elses to see if it's any better.. There's always Orange Care if there is something wrong.. cheers everyone.

:lol:

Guest Carnivor

It has to be mentioned that talking on a mobile whilst driving can cause the local bobby to stop you and award you with a fine and a little lecture, Although its not yet illegal in the uk, just think about it !!!!

PS, Im not being a killjoy here, and no, I dont work for the police, just dont want you lot getting these fines.

Guest virdirs

U're right with that mate.. but do they fine u if your on a car kit? or in this case hands free? I was under the impression that that was ok for now.

Guest Carnivor

car kit, hands free, whatever, if your using a mobile whilst driving your at risk, its the fact that your being distracted thats the issue

Guest casper508
I've found that the person on the other end can hear me quite well but it's not very loud on my end and i really struggle to hear what's being said...

Its the other way round for me. I have to shout at times.

Cas

Guest Henrik25

I think it works very well.

I just miss the options of setting the phone in a mode, where it will pick the phone up by it self. That way i dont have to take my eyes/hands away from the steeringwheel. It can be done when the earphones is in, but i dont think it can be done without. Am i wrong ?

I think we've gone off the point a bit. the original question was:

"Is there any other way of increasing the volume of the phone?" (handsfree volume)

I acknowledge the car issue, but this question is relevant for many situations. so can it be done? (probably not...)

Guest midnight

well, you can edit the speakerphone profile, but it should all be set to Loud anyway, and as long as the earpeice volume is set to full (by using the volume controls on the side of the phone) you aint gonna get it any louder (unless you plug your headset into some speakers, or using an audio jack to tape converter thingie so that the sound from the phone gets played through the car stereo)